How to remove Web-start-page.com effectively
What Is Web-start-page.com?
Web-start-page.com is malware often called advertising software. As you install Web-start-page.com it will set another home page in your browser and irritate you with advertisement. Web-start-page.com files are saved into the system registry so it appeares to be not easy to get rid of such an app. This malicious app is often downloaded with free apps, torrent files, different patches for PC games and other free apps and files. Inserting malicious software into any type of software builds could be a website owner’s business letting him get more money. We recommend you not to rely on downloaders too much – remember that they often do a lot of really bad things from changing the browser home page to downloading malware and viruses. Not to exaggerate, Web-start-page.com is a realy malicious application.
How to remove Web-start-page.com Comfortably
There are many methods to get rid of Web-start-page.com from your computer. You are welcome to examine the article completely and choose the effective way of removal. If we speak about the easiest and the promptest way of removal, so I should notice the programs that will solve the problem. As many specialists say, the best way is to download and run efficient Web-start-page.com Removal Tool. Removal application that was released for a individual kind of malware is the most effective. You are welcome also to run any other antivirus tool that has Web-start-page.com in the base of its signatures. The antimalware that I suggest you (Spyhunter 4) will find and remove Web-start-page.com 100%, you can get it clicking this download button.
- It removes Web-start-page.com right now. Forever.
- This anti-malware software will protect your computer against future infections.
- It provides professional real-time protection from malware, adware, spyware and other viruses.
- 24/7 professional support
Manual Web-start-page.com removing
Step 1. Uninstall Web-start-page.com from your computer. Manual for Windows 7, 8, 10 and XP
- Enter “Computer” on the desktop and choose “Uninstall or change a program”.
- In the program folder, look for all programs that contain Web-start-page.com in their names. Remove them by clicking “uninstall’ and remove all suspicious programs that contain search, toolbar and others in their names.
Step 2. Clean the registry
- Download adwcleaner free utility app and run it. It searches and removes all files and registry keys that belong to the adware virus category.
- Click “Scan”.
- When scanning is finished, click “Clean” to remove all viruses.
- Click “Ok” to reboot the computer. After rebooting, check if the virus is still in the browser. Perhaps, it’s already removed and everything is fine. If it is not, take Step 3.
Step 3. Remove Web-start-page.com from your browser
Remove Web-start-page.com from Google Chrome
- Right-click on the Google Chrome shortcut and choose “properties”.
- In the “Target” field, remove everything going after “C:\Program Files\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe” and click “ok”.
- Choose “Settings” in the Chrome menu.
- In the “Extensions” tab, look for any extension that contains “Web-start-page.com” in its name and remove it by clicking the Recycle Bin. Also remove all suspicious extensions that you didn’t install.
- In the “Settings” tab, find the “On startup” block, uncheck “Open a specific page or set of pages.”, click “Set pages”, enter google. Com in the new field, and click “ok”.
- In the “Search” tab, click “manage search engines” and remove everything except google.com.
- If it didn’t work – use Web-start-page.com removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Google Chrome faster.
Remove Web-start-page.com from Firefox
- Right-click the Firefox shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe” in the “target” field and click “ok”.
- Enter Firefox. Tools -> add-ons.
- Remove all suspicious extensions.
- Tools options -> general. Type google. Com in the “Home page” field (“Startup” block).
- Choose Google as your default search engine in the “Search” tab.
If it didn’t work – use Web-start-page.com removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Firefox faster.
Uninstall Web-start-page.com from Internet Explorer
- Right-click the Internet explorer shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe” in the “Target” field and click “ok”.
- Enter internet explorer -> tool -> manage Add-ons.
- Remove all extensions that you didn’t install. You can remove everything.
- Tools -> internet options, type google. Com in the upper field.
- Click “Settings” in the same window of the “Search” block and remove everything except Google. Com and Bing. Com from the list.
If it didn’t work – use Web-start-page.com removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Internet Explorer faster.
Uninstall Web-start-page.com from Safari
- Right-click the safari shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Safari” in the “Target” field and click “ok”.
- Click the Settings button in the upper right corner and select Reset Safari.
- Check all boxes and click OK.
What should I do to protect my PC from Web-start-page.com?
Below you will find some recommendations which will help you prevent installation of Web-start-page.com and issues with browser. Feel free to show our suggestions with your friends and family members since they will really allow you to keep the computer protected from Web-start-page.com and any other malicious software:
- Do not install dubious software especially if you got them from the web pages you do not know well. People often commit the same mistake and just download the program they were searching for. However, eventually this downloaded program turns out to be malicious.
- Consider your intuition! If a website seems to be malicious – for example, it works too slowly or it is literally made of bright banners – it is better for you to close it immediately. And remember to check your computer after that!
- Keep attention during the entire process of app installation. Get sure you haven’t missed a single window and a single radiobutton. Uncheck all things that are not relevant for you and you do not want to install them.
- And even if you don’t remember having downloaded anything it would be reasonable to scan your system for adware and viruses at least once a week.
|Method to uninstall||Price|
|Computer repair shop||$95-$140|
|Probability of Data theft||71,5%|
|Self-active Launch in OS||33,8%|
|Manual removal effectiveness||31,8%|
|Free Antivirus removal||63,5%|
|Paid Antivirus removal||84,3%|
|Infection Risk (USA)||4,4%|
|Risk of infection (Europe)||6,6%|
Complete removal of Web-start-page.com
Spyhunter is probably the most effective malware eliminator which quickly deletes all kinds of malware and even those which remain invisible for your antivirus software. Spyhunter will be irreplaceable if you did not manage to uninstall Web-start-page.com manually as well. It guarantees the best level security to your computer because it gets daily upgrade of the base of viruses.
About Author: Material provided by: Averina lab