Instructions to remove 1M Search adware
What Is 1M Search?
1M Search is malicious adware which can infest your computer. As you agree to install 1M Search it will set another home page in the browser and drive you mad with advertisement. Since this malware is located in the system registry it could be not that simple thing to delete 1M Search from your computer. This malware is typically downloaded in the bunch with free programs, torrent files, different patches for PC games and other shareware apps and files. Actually, it is another way to earn more money for certain owners of websites – they add harmful apps into the build and thus promote it. We suggest that you not count on file downloaders too much – remember that they often do many unwanted things – for instance, from changing a browser home page to infesting your system with malware and viruses. Not to exaggerate, 1M Search is a realy malicious application.
How to remove 1M Search Easily
There are a lot of techniques to uninstall 1M Search from the system. You can examine the guide completely and use the effective removal technique. If we speak about the easiest and the quickest method of removal, so I should notice the utilities that will uninstall the undesired program. According to my experience, the best way is to find and launch effective 1M Search Removal Tool. Removal program that was written especially for a separate kind of malware is the most efficient. It is also possible to download any other antimalware that has 1M Search in the signature base. The antivirus software that I recommend you (Spyhunter 4) will detect and get rid of 1M Search completely, you are welcome to get it clicking this button.
- It removes 1M Search right now. Forever.
- This anti-malware software will protect your computer against future infections.
- It provides professional real-time protection from malware, adware, spyware and other viruses.
- 24/7 professional support
[Not a valid template]
Manual 1M Search removing
Step 1. Uninstall 1M Search from your computer. Manual for Windows 7, 8, 10 and XP
- Enter “Computer” on the desktop and choose “Uninstall or change a program”.
- In the program folder, look for all programs that contain 1M Search in their names. Remove them by clicking “uninstall’ and remove all suspicious programs that contain search, toolbar and others in their names.
Step 2. Clean the registry
- Download adwcleaner free utility app and run it. It searches and removes all files and registry keys that belong to the adware virus category.
- Click “Scan”.
- When scanning is finished, click “Clean” to remove all viruses.
- Click “Ok” to reboot the computer. After rebooting, check if the virus is still in the browser. Perhaps, it’s already removed and everything is fine. If it is not, take Step 3.
Step 3. Remove 1M Search from your browser
Remove 1M Search from Google Chrome
- Right-click on the Google Chrome shortcut and choose “properties”.
- In the “Target” field, remove everything going after “C:\Program Files\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe” and click “ok”.
- Choose “Settings” in the Chrome menu.
- In the “Extensions” tab, look for any extension that contains “1M Search” in its name and remove it by clicking the Recycle Bin. Also remove all suspicious extensions that you didn’t install.
- In the “Settings” tab, find the “On startup” block, uncheck “Open a specific page or set of pages.”, click “Set pages”, enter google. Com in the new field, and click “ok”.
- In the “Search” tab, click “manage search engines” and remove everything except google.com.
- If it didn’t work – use 1M Search removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Google Chrome faster.
Remove 1M Search from Firefox
- Right-click the Firefox shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe” in the “target” field and click “ok”.
- Enter Firefox. Tools -> add-ons.
- Remove all suspicious extensions.
- Tools options -> general. Type google. Com in the “Home page” field (“Startup” block).
- Choose Google as your default search engine in the “Search” tab.
If it didn’t work – use 1M Search removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Firefox faster.
Uninstall 1M Search from Internet Explorer
- Right-click the Internet explorer shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe” in the “Target” field and click “ok”.
- Enter internet explorer -> tool -> manage Add-ons.
- Remove all extensions that you didn’t install. You can remove everything.
- Tools -> internet options, type google. Com in the upper field.
- Click “Settings” in the same window of the “Search” block and remove everything except Google. Com and Bing. Com from the list.
If it didn’t work – use 1M Search removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Internet Explorer faster.
Uninstall 1M Search from Safari
- Right-click the safari shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Safari” in the “Target” field and click “ok”.
- Click the Settings button in the upper right corner and select Reset Safari.
- Check all boxes and click OK.
What should I do to protect my PC from 1M Search?
Here you will see some tips which will help you prevent installation of 1M Search and browser infection. Feel free to send our tips with your nearest and dearest as they will certainly help you keep the PC protected from 1M Search and other malicious software:
- Do not install dubious programs especially if you got them from the websites you don’t know. People quite often make the common mistake and just download the app they need. Unfortunately, later this program appears to be malicious.
- Consider your intuition! If a web page seems to be malicious – for example, it works slowly or it is literally made of bright banners – we recommend you to leave it. And don’t forget to check your computer for viruses!
- Keep attention during the entire process of app installation. Get sure you haven’t missed a single line and a single checkbox. Untick all things which are not relevant for you and you do not want to install.
- Even if you don’t remember having downloaded anything it would make sense to scan your system for adware and viruses once a week.
|Method to uninstall||Price|
|Computer repair shop||$95-$140|
|Probability of Data theft||59,8%|
|Self-active Launch in OS||44,8%|
|Manual removal effectiveness||52,3%|
|Free Antivirus removal||32,6%|
|Paid Antivirus removal||99,2%|
|Infection Risk (USA)||1,2%|
|Risk of infection (Europe)||6,9%|
How to fully remove 1M Search
Spyhunter is an incredibly effective malware eliminator that easily and quickly removes all types of malicious applications including the programs that are invisible for your antivirus software. Spyhunter will be irreplaceable if you do not how to remove 1M Search yourself. It guarantees the best security to your system due to regular updates of the base of viruses.
About Author: Material provided by: Averina lab