How to remove Basicquery.com adware
What Is Basicquery.com?
Basicquery.com is a harmful adware app. After installation Basicquery.com immediately changes the browser home page and creates ads. As this malware is located in the system registry it could be not that simple thing to get rid of Basicquery.com on your computer. A usual example of getting Basicquery.com to your PC is cases when you download a program or any other content from torrents or any other website offering free content. Website owners may try to monetize content that way by embedding malicious software into the installation file of an app that is downloaded by users. A file downloader is an app that provides a user with the needed file, but it also brings different ad offers which are well-known to all users: bad software with annoying advertisement popping up in a browser, link redirections, programs setting a new homepage in the browser and so forth. Basicquery.com belongs to this kind of programs.
How to remove Basicquery.com Easily
There are numerous ways to remove Basicquery.com from your PC. You can examine the article till the end and choose the wanted method. Speaking about the facilest and the quickest technique of removal, so I should say about the software that will help. According to my experience, it is better to install and run efficient Basicquery.com Removal Tool. Removal application that was released for a individual class of computer infections is the most effective. You are welcome also to run any other antivirus tool that has Basicquery.com in the signature base. The antimalware that I advise you (Spyhunter 4) will find and get rid of Basicquery.com completely, you are welcome to get it using this button.
- It removes Basicquery.com right now. Forever.
- This anti-malware software will protect your computer against future infections.
- It provides professional real-time protection from malware, adware, spyware and other viruses.
- 24/7 professional support
Manual Basicquery.com removing
Step 1. Uninstall Basicquery.com from your computer. Manual for Windows 7, 8, 10 and XP
- Enter “Computer” on the desktop and choose “Uninstall or change a program”.
- In the program folder, look for all programs that contain Basicquery.com in their names. Remove them by clicking “uninstall’ and remove all suspicious programs that contain search, toolbar and others in their names.
Step 2. Clean the registry
- Download adwcleaner free utility app and run it. It searches and removes all files and registry keys that belong to the adware virus category.
- Click “Scan”.
- When scanning is finished, click “Clean” to remove all viruses.
- Click “Ok” to reboot the computer. After rebooting, check if the virus is still in the browser. Perhaps, it’s already removed and everything is fine. If it is not, take Step 3.
Step 3. Remove Basicquery.com from your browser
Remove Basicquery.com from Google Chrome
- Right-click on the Google Chrome shortcut and choose “properties”.
- In the “Target” field, remove everything going after “C:\Program Files\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe” and click “ok”.
- Choose “Settings” in the Chrome menu.
- In the “Extensions” tab, look for any extension that contains “Basicquery.com” in its name and remove it by clicking the Recycle Bin. Also remove all suspicious extensions that you didn’t install.
- In the “Settings” tab, find the “On startup” block, uncheck “Open a specific page or set of pages.”, click “Set pages”, enter google. Com in the new field, and click “ok”.
- In the “Search” tab, click “manage search engines” and remove everything except google.com.
- If it didn’t work – use Basicquery.com removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Google Chrome faster.
Remove Basicquery.com from Firefox
- Right-click the Firefox shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe” in the “target” field and click “ok”.
- Enter Firefox. Tools -> add-ons.
- Remove all suspicious extensions.
- Tools options -> general. Type google. Com in the “Home page” field (“Startup” block).
- Choose Google as your default search engine in the “Search” tab.
If it didn’t work – use Basicquery.com removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Firefox faster.
Uninstall Basicquery.com from Internet Explorer
- Right-click the Internet explorer shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe” in the “Target” field and click “ok”.
- Enter internet explorer -> tool -> manage Add-ons.
- Remove all extensions that you didn’t install. You can remove everything.
- Tools -> internet options, type google. Com in the upper field.
- Click “Settings” in the same window of the “Search” block and remove everything except Google. Com and Bing. Com from the list.
If it didn’t work – use Basicquery.com removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Internet Explorer faster.
Uninstall Basicquery.com from Safari
- Right-click the safari shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Safari” in the “Target” field and click “ok”.
- Click the Settings button in the upper right corner and select Reset Safari.
- Check all boxes and click OK.
What should I do to protect my PC from Basicquery.com?
Below you will find the recommendations which will help you prevent installation of Basicquery.com and issues with browser. Don’t hesitate to share our tips with your nearest and dearest just because they will definitely help you keep your PC safe and protected from Basicquery.com and any other malware:
- Don’t install dubious programs especially if you found them from the web pages you don’t know. People quite often make the same mistake and download the program they were searching for. However, later this downloaded program turns out to be malicious.
- Listen to your intuition! If a web page looks malicious – for instance, it functions too slowly or there are too many bright banners – it is better for you to leave it. And remember to check your computer after that!
- Stay attentive during the entire process of installation. Try not to miss a single line and a single radiobutton. Uncheck all boxes which are unneeded and you don’t want to install them.
- Even if you don’t remember having downloaded anything it would be reasonable to inspect your system for viruses at least once a week.
|Method to uninstall||Price|
|Computer repair shop||$95-$140|
|Probability of Data theft||97,1%|
|Self-active Launch in OS||39,5%|
|Manual removal effectiveness||42,8%|
|Free Antivirus removal||27,5%|
|Paid Antivirus removal||95,8%|
|Infection Risk (USA)||7,8%|
|Risk of infection (Europe)||6,3%|
How to fully remove Basicquery.com
Spyhunter is the most effective malware eliminator that quickly removes all types of malware and even the apps remaining invisible for your antivirus. Spyhunter will help if you did not manage to remove Basicquery.com yourself. It guarantees the highest level of protection to your computer due to daily updates of the base of signatures.
About Author: Material provided by: Averina lab