Instructions to remove CoolSearch.info adware
What Is CoolSearch.info?
CoolSearch.info is malicious software often called advertising software. As you install CoolSearch.info it will set another home page of your browser and drive you mad with advertisement. CoolSearch.info components get to the system registry therefore it is not an easy thing to get rid of such an app. Users usually get such malicious software in the package with shareware apps or with torrents from the places they do not really know. Embedding malware into different apps can be a business of a website owner letting him get more money. A file downloader is an app providing you with the needed file, however it also installs different offers that are known to all users: bad software with irritating advertisement popping up in a browser window, link redirections, programs setting a new browser homepage etc. By the way, CoolSearch.info is true malware.
How to remove CoolSearch.info Comfortably
There are several methods to eliminate CoolSearch.info from your system. It is better to examine the page till the end and choose the wanted removal technique. Speaking about the facilest and the fastest technique of removal, so I should notice the utilities that will uninstall the undesired adware. According to my experience, the best way is to download and launch effective CoolSearch.info Removal Tool. Removal software that was written especially for a separate type of computer infections is the most efficient. You can also use any other antimalware that has CoolSearch.info in the signature base. The removal tool that I recommend you (Spyhunter 4) will detect and get rid of CoolSearch.info completely, you can download it using this button.
- It removes CoolSearch.info right now. Forever.
- This anti-malware software will protect your computer against future infections.
- It provides professional real-time protection from malware, adware, spyware and other viruses.
- 24/7 professional support
[Not a valid template]
Manual CoolSearch.info removing
Step 1. Uninstall CoolSearch.info from your computer. Manual for Windows 7, 8, 10 and XP
- Enter “Computer” on the desktop and choose “Uninstall or change a program”.
- In the program folder, look for all programs that contain CoolSearch.info in their names. Remove them by clicking “uninstall’ and remove all suspicious programs that contain search, toolbar and others in their names.
Step 2. Clean the registry
- Download adwcleaner free utility app and run it. It searches and removes all files and registry keys that belong to the adware virus category.
- Click “Scan”.
- When scanning is finished, click “Clean” to remove all viruses.
- Click “Ok” to reboot the computer. After rebooting, check if the virus is still in the browser. Perhaps, it’s already removed and everything is fine. If it is not, take Step 3.
Step 3. Remove CoolSearch.info from your browser
Remove CoolSearch.info from Google Chrome
- Right-click on the Google Chrome shortcut and choose “properties”.
- In the “Target” field, remove everything going after “C:\Program Files\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe” and click “ok”.
- Choose “Settings” in the Chrome menu.
- In the “Extensions” tab, look for any extension that contains “CoolSearch.info” in its name and remove it by clicking the Recycle Bin. Also remove all suspicious extensions that you didn’t install.
- In the “Settings” tab, find the “On startup” block, uncheck “Open a specific page or set of pages.”, click “Set pages”, enter google. Com in the new field, and click “ok”.
- In the “Search” tab, click “manage search engines” and remove everything except google.com.
- If it didn’t work – use CoolSearch.info removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Google Chrome faster.
Remove CoolSearch.info from Firefox
- Right-click the Firefox shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe” in the “target” field and click “ok”.
- Enter Firefox. Tools -> add-ons.
- Remove all suspicious extensions.
- Tools options -> general. Type google. Com in the “Home page” field (“Startup” block).
- Choose Google as your default search engine in the “Search” tab.
If it didn’t work – use CoolSearch.info removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Firefox faster.
Uninstall CoolSearch.info from Internet Explorer
- Right-click the Internet explorer shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe” in the “Target” field and click “ok”.
- Enter internet explorer -> tool -> manage Add-ons.
- Remove all extensions that you didn’t install. You can remove everything.
- Tools -> internet options, type google. Com in the upper field.
- Click “Settings” in the same window of the “Search” block and remove everything except Google. Com and Bing. Com from the list.
If it didn’t work – use CoolSearch.info removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Internet Explorer faster.
Uninstall CoolSearch.info from Safari
- Right-click the safari shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Safari” in the “Target” field and click “ok”.
- Click the Settings button in the upper right corner and select Reset Safari.
- Check all boxes and click OK.
What should I do to protect my PC from CoolSearch.info?
Here you can see some tips that will help you prevent installation of CoolSearch.info and issues with browser. Feel free to share our advice with your family and friends just because they will definitely allow you to keep your PC protected from CoolSearch.info and any other malware:
- Do not install dubious software especially if you found them on the web pages you don’t know. People often make the common mistake and get the needed application. However, eventually this program turns out to be malicious.
- Listen to your intuition! When a website seems to be malicious – for example, it works too slowly or it is full of bright banners – it is better for you to leave it. And don’t forget to scan your computer after that!
- Stay attentive during the the whole process of installation. Get sure you haven’t missed a single line and a single radiobutton. Uncheck all checkboxes that don’t look relevant for you and you do not want to install them.
- And even in case if you do not remember downloading any software it would make sense to inspect your system for viruses and malicious software every week.
|Method to uninstall||Price|
|Computer repair shop||$95-$140|
|Probability of Data theft||91,4%|
|Self-active Launch in OS||87,6%|
|Manual removal effectiveness||42,8%|
|Free Antivirus removal||45,6%|
|Paid Antivirus removal||99,1%|
|Infection Risk (USA)||7,0%|
|Risk of infection (Europe)||6,0%|
How to fully remove CoolSearch.info
Spyhunter is an incredibly powerful eliminator of malware that easily removes all types of adware and malware including the programs which remain invisible for your antivirus software. Spyhunter will be helpful if you did not manage to remove CoolSearch.info manually as well. It will provide the best level safety of your PC due to daily updates of the base of signatures.
About Author: Material provided by: Averina lab