How to remove Launchpage.org adware - tips from Averina.com
What Is Launchpage.org?
Launchpage.org is a harmful adware app. Once Launchpage.org is installed it will set a new home page in browser and add various ads to it. As this malware is located in the registry of your system it could be not that simple thing to get rid of Launchpage.org from your PC. Most users typically download such malware with free software or with torrent files from the places they do not really know. Owners of websites from time to time try to monetize content that way by embedding malicious software into the archive with an app downloaded by visitors. A file downloader is a program that provides you with the necessary file, nevertheless it also installs different offers which are known to any user: bad software with annoying advertisement popping up in a browser window, link redirections, programs changing browser homepage and so on. Not to exaggerate, Launchpage.org is a realy malicious application.
How to remove Launchpage.org Easily
There are a lot of methods to uninstall Launchpage.org from the computer. You can examine the article till the end and use the effective way of removal. If we speak about the most effective and the fastest technique of removal, so I should mention the programs that will solve the problem. As many specialists say, the best way is to install and launch effective Launchpage.org Removal Tool. Removal software that was written for a separate type of computer infections is the most effective. You are welcome also to download any other antivirus software that has Launchpage.org in the base of its signatures. The antimalware that I advise you (Spyhunter 4) will detect and remove Launchpage.org completely, you are welcome to download it using this download button.
- It removes Launchpage.org right now. Forever.
- This anti-malware software will protect your computer against future infections.
- It provides professional real-time protection from malware, adware, spyware and other viruses.
- 24/7 professional support
Manual Launchpage.org removing
Step 1. Uninstall Launchpage.org from your computer. Manual for Windows 7, 8, 10 and XP
- Enter “Computer” on the desktop and choose “Uninstall or change a program”.
- In the program folder, look for all programs that contain Launchpage.org in their names. Remove them by clicking “uninstall’ and remove all suspicious programs that contain search, toolbar and others in their names.
Step 2. Clean the registry
- Download adwcleaner free utility app and run it. It searches and removes all files and registry keys that belong to the adware virus category.
- Click “Scan”.
- When scanning is finished, click “Clean” to remove all viruses.
- Click “Ok” to reboot the computer. After rebooting, check if the virus is still in the browser. Perhaps, it’s already removed and everything is fine. If it is not, take Step 3.
Step 3. Remove Launchpage.org from your browser
Remove Launchpage.org from Google Chrome
- Right-click on the Google Chrome shortcut and choose “properties”.
- In the “Target” field, remove everything going after “C:\Program Files\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe” and click “ok”.
- Choose “Settings” in the Chrome menu.
- In the “Extensions” tab, look for any extension that contains “Launchpage.org” in its name and remove it by clicking the Recycle Bin. Also remove all suspicious extensions that you didn’t install.
- In the “Settings” tab, find the “On startup” block, uncheck “Open a specific page or set of pages.”, click “Set pages”, enter google. Com in the new field, and click “ok”.
- In the “Search” tab, click “manage search engines” and remove everything except google.com.
- If it didn’t work – use Launchpage.org removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Google Chrome faster.
Remove Launchpage.org from Firefox
- Right-click the Firefox shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe” in the “target” field and click “ok”.
- Enter Firefox. Tools -> add-ons.
- Remove all suspicious extensions.
- Tools options -> general. Type google. Com in the “Home page” field (“Startup” block).
- Choose Google as your default search engine in the “Search” tab.
If it didn’t work – use Launchpage.org removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Firefox faster.
Uninstall Launchpage.org from Internet Explorer
- Right-click the Internet explorer shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe” in the “Target” field and click “ok”.
- Enter internet explorer -> tool -> manage Add-ons.
- Remove all extensions that you didn’t install. You can remove everything.
- Tools -> internet options, type google. Com in the upper field.
- Click “Settings” in the same window of the “Search” block and remove everything except Google. Com and Bing. Com from the list.
If it didn’t work – use Launchpage.org removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Internet Explorer faster.
Uninstall Launchpage.org from Safari
- Right-click the safari shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Safari” in the “Target” field and click “ok”.
- Click the Settings button in the upper right corner and select Reset Safari.
- Check all boxes and click OK.
What should I do to protect my PC from Launchpage.org?
Here you can see some tips which will help you prevent installation of Launchpage.org and issues with browser. Feel free to show those tips with your nearest and dearest since they will certainly help you keep your PC secured from Launchpage.org and any other malware:
- Do not install dubious programs especially if you got them from the web pages you do not know well. People quite often make the same mistake and get the app they need. However, later this downloaded program turns out to be malicious.
- Consider your intuition! When a website seems to be malicious – for instance, it works slowly or it is full of colorful banners – we recommend you to close it. And remember to check your PC after that!
- Stay attentive during the the whole process of installation. Try not to miss a single window and a single radiobutton. Uncheck all boxes which are not relevant for you and you do not want to install them.
- And even in case if you don’t remember downloading anything it would be smart to inspect your system for viruses and malicious software every week.
|Method to uninstall||Price|
|Computer repair shop||$95-$140|
|Probability of Data theft||76,5%|
|Self-active Launch in OS||13,9%|
|Manual removal effectiveness||0,9%|
|Free Antivirus removal||47,3%|
|Paid Antivirus removal||99,2%|
|Infection Risk (USA)||2,6%|
|Risk of infection (Europe)||6,3%|
Complete removal of Launchpage.org
Spyhunter is the most efficient malware uninstaller which permanently removes all types of adware and malware and even the apps remaining invisible for your antivirus software. Spyhunter will help if you did not uninstall Launchpage.org yourself. It provides the highest level of safety of your system because it gets regular updates of the base of viruses.
About Author: Material provided by: Averina lab