Instructions to remove Protect.plus ads
What Is Protect.plus?
Protect.plus is an advertising app that can be harmful to your PC. As you let Protect.plus install it will set a new home page of your browser and irritate you with ads. Since this harmful app is stored in the system registry it is not that easy to delete Protect.plus on your PC. This software is typically downloaded with some free programs, torrent files, unofficial patches for PC games and other shareware files. Embedding malicious software into various software builds could be a website owner’s business helping him earn more. It’s worth being attentive dealing with different file downloaders because quite often they do a lot of bad things for example downloading malware, changing settings of your browser and many other things. By the way, Protect.plus is true malware.
How to remove Protect.plus Easily
There are a lot of techniques to eliminate Protect.plus from the computer. It is better to look through the page completely and use the wanted way of removal. If we speak about the most effective and the promptest technique of removal, so I should mention the programs that will uninstall the unwanted adware. As many specialists say, the best way is to download and run effective Protect.plus Removal Tool. Removal software that was created especially for a single kind of malware is the most active. It is also possible to install any other antimalware that has Protect.plus in the base of viruses. The removal tool that I advise you (Spyhunter 4) will find and get rid of Protect.plus 100%, you are welcome to download it clicking this download button.
- It removes Protect.plus right now. Forever.
- This anti-malware software will protect your computer against future infections.
- It provides professional real-time protection from malware, adware, spyware and other viruses.
- 24/7 professional support
Manual Protect.plus removing
Step 1. Uninstall Protect.plus from your computer. Manual for Windows 7, 8, 10 and XP
- Enter “Computer” on the desktop and choose “Uninstall or change a program”.
- In the program folder, look for all programs that contain Protect.plus in their names. Remove them by clicking “uninstall’ and remove all suspicious programs that contain search, toolbar and others in their names.
Step 2. Clean the registry
- Download adwcleaner free utility app and run it. It searches and removes all files and registry keys that belong to the adware virus category.
- Click “Scan”.
- When scanning is finished, click “Clean” to remove all viruses.
- Click “Ok” to reboot the computer. After rebooting, check if the virus is still in the browser. Perhaps, it’s already removed and everything is fine. If it is not, take Step 3.
Step 3. Remove Protect.plus from your browser
Remove Protect.plus from Google Chrome
- Right-click on the Google Chrome shortcut and choose “properties”.
- In the “Target” field, remove everything going after “C:\Program Files\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe” and click “ok”.
- Choose “Settings” in the Chrome menu.
- In the “Extensions” tab, look for any extension that contains “Protect.plus” in its name and remove it by clicking the Recycle Bin. Also remove all suspicious extensions that you didn’t install.
- In the “Settings” tab, find the “On startup” block, uncheck “Open a specific page or set of pages.”, click “Set pages”, enter google. Com in the new field, and click “ok”.
- In the “Search” tab, click “manage search engines” and remove everything except google.com.
- If it didn’t work – use Protect.plus removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Google Chrome faster.
Remove Protect.plus from Firefox
- Right-click the Firefox shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe” in the “target” field and click “ok”.
- Enter Firefox. Tools -> add-ons.
- Remove all suspicious extensions.
- Tools options -> general. Type google. Com in the “Home page” field (“Startup” block).
- Choose Google as your default search engine in the “Search” tab.
If it didn’t work – use Protect.plus removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Firefox faster.
Uninstall Protect.plus from Internet Explorer
- Right-click the Internet explorer shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe” in the “Target” field and click “ok”.
- Enter internet explorer -> tool -> manage Add-ons.
- Remove all extensions that you didn’t install. You can remove everything.
- Tools -> internet options, type google. Com in the upper field.
- Click “Settings” in the same window of the “Search” block and remove everything except Google. Com and Bing. Com from the list.
If it didn’t work – use Protect.plus removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Internet Explorer faster.
Uninstall Protect.plus from Safari
- Right-click the safari shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Safari” in the “Target” field and click “ok”.
- Click the Settings button in the upper right corner and select Reset Safari.
- Check all boxes and click OK.
What should I do to protect my PC from Protect.plus?
Here you will see some useful recommendations which will help you avoid Protect.plus installation and browser infection. Feel free to send our suggestions with your friends and family members just because they will definitely help you keep the computer secured from Protect.plus and any other malware:
- Do not install dubious software especially if you found them on the websites you don’t know. People often commit the common mistake and download the program they were searching for. Unfortunately, later this program turns out to be dangerous.
- Don’t ignore your intuition! When a website seems to be suspicious – for example, it works slowly or it is full of colorful banners – we recommend you to leave it immediately. And don’t forget to scan your PC for viruses afterwards!
- Stay attentive during the the whole process of installation. Get sure you haven’t missed a single line and a single radiobutton. Untick all checkboxes that are not relevant for you and you do not want to install them.
- And even if you do not remember downloading anything it would be reasonable to scan your computer for viruses once a week.
|Method to uninstall||Price|
|Computer repair shop||$95-$140|
|Probability of Data theft||62,4%|
|Self-active Launch in OS||33,8%|
|Manual removal effectiveness||62,5%|
|Free Antivirus removal||45,6%|
|Paid Antivirus removal||81,5%|
|Infection Risk (USA)||2,9%|
|Risk of infection (Europe)||6,1%|
Complete removal of Protect.plus
Spyhunter is the most efficient eliminator of malware that easily and quickly removes all types of adware and malware and even the programs which remain invisible for your antivirus. Spyhunter will help if you did not manage to remove Protect.plus yourself. It provides the highest level of security to your system thanks to regular updates of the base of viruses.
About Author: Material provided by: Averina lab