How to remove ScanGuard effectively - tips from Averina.com
What Is ScanGuard?
ScanGuard is a dangerous advertising application. As you agree to install ScanGuard it will set another home page in the browser and annoy you with advertisement. Since this harmful app is located in the system registry it is not that simple thing to get rid of ScanGuard from your computer. A habitual situation for obtaining ScanGuard to your PC is cases when you try to download a program or any other content from a torrents website or any other resource with free applications. Actually, it is a way to earn more money for some owners of websites – they merely add dangerous software into the installation file and publish it. A file downloader is an app providing you with the needed file, nevertheless it also installs various offers which are well-known to all users: malware with annoying pop-up ads in a browser window, link redirections, applications that change homepage in the browser and so on. By the way, ScanGuard is true malware.
How to remove ScanGuard Simply
There are many ways to get rid of ScanGuard from your computer. It is better to examine the article till the end and use the needed removal technique. Speaking about the most effective and the quickest way of removal, so I should mention the utilities that will solve the problem. According to my experience, the best way is to install and use special ScanGuard Removal Tool. Removal program that was written for a single kind of viruses is the most active. You are welcome also to download any other antimalware that has ScanGuard in the base of its signatures. The antivirus software that I suggest you (Spyhunter 4) will detect and uninstall ScanGuard completely, you can download it clicking this download button.
- It removes ScanGuard right now. Forever.
- This anti-malware software will protect your computer against future infections.
- It provides professional real-time protection from malware, adware, spyware and other viruses.
- 24/7 professional support
Manual ScanGuard removing
Step 1. Uninstall ScanGuard from your computer. Manual for Windows 7, 8, 10 and XP
- Enter “Computer” on the desktop and choose “Uninstall or change a program”.
- In the program folder, look for all programs that contain ScanGuard in their names. Remove them by clicking “uninstall’ and remove all suspicious programs that contain search, toolbar and others in their names.
Step 2. Clean the registry
- Download adwcleaner free utility app and run it. It searches and removes all files and registry keys that belong to the adware virus category.
- Click “Scan”.
- When scanning is finished, click “Clean” to remove all viruses.
- Click “Ok” to reboot the computer. After rebooting, check if the virus is still in the browser. Perhaps, it’s already removed and everything is fine. If it is not, take Step 3.
Step 3. Remove ScanGuard from your browser
Remove ScanGuard from Google Chrome
- Right-click on the Google Chrome shortcut and choose “properties”.
- In the “Target” field, remove everything going after “C:\Program Files\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe” and click “ok”.
- Choose “Settings” in the Chrome menu.
- In the “Extensions” tab, look for any extension that contains “ScanGuard” in its name and remove it by clicking the Recycle Bin. Also remove all suspicious extensions that you didn’t install.
- In the “Settings” tab, find the “On startup” block, uncheck “Open a specific page or set of pages.”, click “Set pages”, enter google. Com in the new field, and click “ok”.
- In the “Search” tab, click “manage search engines” and remove everything except google.com.
- If it didn’t work – use ScanGuard removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Google Chrome faster.
Remove ScanGuard from Firefox
- Right-click the Firefox shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe” in the “target” field and click “ok”.
- Enter Firefox. Tools -> add-ons.
- Remove all suspicious extensions.
- Tools options -> general. Type google. Com in the “Home page” field (“Startup” block).
- Choose Google as your default search engine in the “Search” tab.
If it didn’t work – use ScanGuard removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Firefox faster.
Uninstall ScanGuard from Internet Explorer
- Right-click the Internet explorer shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe” in the “Target” field and click “ok”.
- Enter internet explorer -> tool -> manage Add-ons.
- Remove all extensions that you didn’t install. You can remove everything.
- Tools -> internet options, type google. Com in the upper field.
- Click “Settings” in the same window of the “Search” block and remove everything except Google. Com and Bing. Com from the list.
If it didn’t work – use ScanGuard removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Internet Explorer faster.
Uninstall ScanGuard from Safari
- Right-click the safari shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Safari” in the “Target” field and click “ok”.
- Click the Settings button in the upper right corner and select Reset Safari.
- Check all boxes and click OK.
What should I do to protect my PC from ScanGuard?
Here you can see the tips which will help you avoid ScanGuard installation and browser infection. Feel free to share our suggestions with your friends and family members just because they will definitely help you keep your computer safe and protected from ScanGuard and any other malware:
- Don’t install dubious software especially if you found them on the websites you do not know well. People often make the same mistake and just download the app they need. Unfortunately, eventually this program turns out to be dangerous.
- Consider your intuition! When a website looks suspicious – for example, it works too slowly or it is full of bright banners – we recommend you to leave it immediately. And don’t forget to scan your computer for viruses afterwards!
- Be attentive during the all installation. Get sure you haven’t missed a single line and a single radiobutton. Uncheck all things that don’t look relevant and you don’t want to install them.
- Even in case if you do not remember downloading anything it would make sense to inspect your system for viruses every week.
|Method to uninstall||Price|
|Computer repair shop||$95-$140|
|Probability of Data theft||72,2%|
|Self-active Launch in OS||45,6%|
|Manual removal effectiveness||86,1%|
|Free Antivirus removal||27,5%|
|Paid Antivirus removal||84,3%|
|Infection Risk (USA)||6,4%|
|Risk of infection (Europe)||6,0%|
Complete removal of ScanGuard
Spyhunter is the most powerful eliminator of malware that easily removes all kinds of adware and malware and even those which remain invisible for your antivirus. Spyhunter will be irreplaceable if you did not manage to delete ScanGuard yourself. It provides the highest level of safety of your system due to regular upgrade of the base of signatures.
About Author: Material provided by: Averina lab