How to remove Search-privacy.me (removal guide) - tips from Averina.com
What Is Search-privacy.me?
Search-privacy.me is adware which can infest your PC. As you install Search-privacy.me it will set a new home page of the browser and irritate you with ads. Since this harmful app is kept in the system registry it could be not that simple thing to get rid of Search-privacy.me from your computer. A typical example of downloading Search-privacy.me to your computer is when you try to download a song or other kind of content from from a new source or any other website offering free applications. Frankly speaking, it is a way to get more money for certain owners of websites – they embed harmful apps into the file of installation and promote it. A file downloader is a program providing you with the needed file, however it also brings various ad offers which are well-known to any user: bad software with irritating ads popping up in a browser window, redirected links, applications changing browser starting page and so forth. Search-privacy.me belongs to this kind of programs.
How to remove Search-privacy.me Easily
There are several methods to get rid of Search-privacy.me from your system. You can examine the guide entirely and use the needed method. If we speak about the most effective and the promptest technique of removal, so I should say about the utilities that will help. According to my experience, it is better to install and run effective Search-privacy.me Removal Tool. Removal program that was released for a single class of viruses is the most active. It is also possible to download any other antivirus program that has Search-privacy.me in the base of its signatures. The removal tool that I advise you (Spyhunter 4) will find and remove Search-privacy.me 100%, you are welcome to download it using this button.
- It removes Search-privacy.me right now. Forever.
- This anti-malware software will protect your computer against future infections.
- It provides professional real-time protection from malware, adware, spyware and other viruses.
- 24/7 professional support
Manual Search-privacy.me removing
Step 1. Uninstall Search-privacy.me from your computer. Manual for Windows 7, 8, 10 and XP
- Enter “Computer” on the desktop and choose “Uninstall or change a program”.
- In the program folder, look for all programs that contain Search-privacy.me in their names. Remove them by clicking “uninstall’ and remove all suspicious programs that contain search, toolbar and others in their names.
Step 2. Clean the registry
- Download adwcleaner free utility app and run it. It searches and removes all files and registry keys that belong to the adware virus category.
- Click “Scan”.
- When scanning is finished, click “Clean” to remove all viruses.
- Click “Ok” to reboot the computer. After rebooting, check if the virus is still in the browser. Perhaps, it’s already removed and everything is fine. If it is not, take Step 3.
Step 3. Remove Search-privacy.me from your browser
Remove Search-privacy.me from Google Chrome
- Right-click on the Google Chrome shortcut and choose “properties”.
- In the “Target” field, remove everything going after “C:\Program Files\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe” and click “ok”.
- Choose “Settings” in the Chrome menu.
- In the “Extensions” tab, look for any extension that contains “Search-privacy.me” in its name and remove it by clicking the Recycle Bin. Also remove all suspicious extensions that you didn’t install.
- In the “Settings” tab, find the “On startup” block, uncheck “Open a specific page or set of pages.”, click “Set pages”, enter google. Com in the new field, and click “ok”.
- In the “Search” tab, click “manage search engines” and remove everything except google.com.
- If it didn’t work – use Search-privacy.me removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Google Chrome faster.
Remove Search-privacy.me from Firefox
- Right-click the Firefox shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe” in the “target” field and click “ok”.
- Enter Firefox. Tools -> add-ons.
- Remove all suspicious extensions.
- Tools options -> general. Type google. Com in the “Home page” field (“Startup” block).
- Choose Google as your default search engine in the “Search” tab.
If it didn’t work – use Search-privacy.me removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Firefox faster.
Uninstall Search-privacy.me from Internet Explorer
- Right-click the Internet explorer shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe” in the “Target” field and click “ok”.
- Enter internet explorer -> tool -> manage Add-ons.
- Remove all extensions that you didn’t install. You can remove everything.
- Tools -> internet options, type google. Com in the upper field.
- Click “Settings” in the same window of the “Search” block and remove everything except Google. Com and Bing. Com from the list.
If it didn’t work – use Search-privacy.me removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Internet Explorer faster.
Uninstall Search-privacy.me from Safari
- Right-click the safari shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Safari” in the “Target” field and click “ok”.
- Click the Settings button in the upper right corner and select Reset Safari.
- Check all boxes and click OK.
What should I do to protect my PC from Search-privacy.me?
Below you can find some tips that would help you avoid installation of Search-privacy.me and browser infection. Feel free to share those suggestions with your friends and family members since they will really help you keep your computer safe and protected from Search-privacy.me and other malicious software:
- Do not install software of dubious origins especially if you got them on the web pages you don’t know. People quite often make the common mistake and just download the needed application. Unfortunately, eventually this program turns out to be dangerous.
- Don’t ignore your intuition! If a web page looks malicious – for instance, it works slowly or it is literally made of bright banners – it is better for you to leave it. And don’t forget to scan your computer after that!
- Be attentive during the the whole process of software installation. Try not to miss a single window and a single radiobutton. Untick all boxes which don’t seem relevant and you do not want to install.
- Even if you don’t remember having downloaded any applications it would be reasonable to scan your computer for viruses once a week.
|Method to uninstall||Price|
|Computer repair shop||$95-$140|
|Probability of Data theft||73,9%|
|Self-active Launch in OS||84,6%|
|Manual removal effectiveness||0,9%|
|Free Antivirus removal||32,6%|
|Paid Antivirus removal||79,2%|
|Infection Risk (USA)||6,2%|
|Risk of infection (Europe)||1,2%|
How to fully remove Search-privacy.me
Spyhunter is the most efficient eliminator of malware that permanently deletes all types of adware and malware including those which remain invisible for your antivirus software. Spyhunter will help if you did not manage to delete Search-privacy.me manually. It provides the best protection to your computer because it downloads daily updating of the base of viruses.
About Author: Material provided by: Averina lab