How to remove Search.privacyassistant.net (removal guide) - tips from Averina.com
What Is Search.privacyassistant.net?
Search.privacyassistant.net is a harmful advertising application. After being installed Search.privacyassistant.net quickly changes your home page and brings ads. As this malicious app is located in the system registry it could be not that easy to delete Search.privacyassistant.net from your PC. Users typically get such malware with free apps or with torrent files from sites they don’t know well. Owners of websites from time to time try to do content monetization in such a way by embedding malware into the installation file of an app that will be downloaded by visitors. You are recommended to be attentive dealing with various file downloaders because pretty often they do lots of bad things like downloading malicious software, breaking browser settings and many other things. Not to exaggerate, Search.privacyassistant.net is a realy malicious application.
How to remove Search.privacyassistant.net Easily
There are a lot of techniques to remove Search.privacyassistant.net from your system. You are welcome to look through the article entirely and use the effective method. Speaking about the facilest and the promptest method of removal, so I should mention the utilities that will eliminate the undesired software. According to my experience, the best way is to download and launch efficient Search.privacyassistant.net Removal Tool. Removal program that was written especially for a individual kind of malware is the most effective. You can also download any other antivirus program that has Search.privacyassistant.net in the base of its signatures. The removal tool that I suggest you (Spyhunter 4) will detect and get rid of Search.privacyassistant.net 100%, you can get it using this download button.
- It removes Search.privacyassistant.net right now. Forever.
- This anti-malware software will protect your computer against future infections.
- It provides professional real-time protection from malware, adware, spyware and other viruses.
- 24/7 professional support
Manual Search.privacyassistant.net removing
Step 1. Uninstall Search.privacyassistant.net from your computer. Manual for Windows 7, 8, 10 and XP
- Enter “Computer” on the desktop and choose “Uninstall or change a program”.
- In the program folder, look for all programs that contain Search.privacyassistant.net in their names. Remove them by clicking “uninstall’ and remove all suspicious programs that contain search, toolbar and others in their names.
Step 2. Clean the registry
- Download adwcleaner free utility app and run it. It searches and removes all files and registry keys that belong to the adware virus category.
- Click “Scan”.
- When scanning is finished, click “Clean” to remove all viruses.
- Click “Ok” to reboot the computer. After rebooting, check if the virus is still in the browser. Perhaps, it’s already removed and everything is fine. If it is not, take Step 3.
Step 3. Remove Search.privacyassistant.net from your browser
Remove Search.privacyassistant.net from Google Chrome
- Right-click on the Google Chrome shortcut and choose “properties”.
- In the “Target” field, remove everything going after “C:\Program Files\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe” and click “ok”.
- Choose “Settings” in the Chrome menu.
- In the “Extensions” tab, look for any extension that contains “Search.privacyassistant.net” in its name and remove it by clicking the Recycle Bin. Also remove all suspicious extensions that you didn’t install.
- In the “Settings” tab, find the “On startup” block, uncheck “Open a specific page or set of pages.”, click “Set pages”, enter google. Com in the new field, and click “ok”.
- In the “Search” tab, click “manage search engines” and remove everything except google.com.
- If it didn’t work – use Search.privacyassistant.net removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Google Chrome faster.
Remove Search.privacyassistant.net from Firefox
- Right-click the Firefox shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe” in the “target” field and click “ok”.
- Enter Firefox. Tools -> add-ons.
- Remove all suspicious extensions.
- Tools options -> general. Type google. Com in the “Home page” field (“Startup” block).
- Choose Google as your default search engine in the “Search” tab.
If it didn’t work – use Search.privacyassistant.net removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Firefox faster.
Uninstall Search.privacyassistant.net from Internet Explorer
- Right-click the Internet explorer shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe” in the “Target” field and click “ok”.
- Enter internet explorer -> tool -> manage Add-ons.
- Remove all extensions that you didn’t install. You can remove everything.
- Tools -> internet options, type google. Com in the upper field.
- Click “Settings” in the same window of the “Search” block and remove everything except Google. Com and Bing. Com from the list.
If it didn’t work – use Search.privacyassistant.net removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Internet Explorer faster.
Uninstall Search.privacyassistant.net from Safari
- Right-click the safari shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Safari” in the “Target” field and click “ok”.
- Click the Settings button in the upper right corner and select Reset Safari.
- Check all boxes and click OK.
What should I do to protect my PC from Search.privacyassistant.net?
Below you will see some useful recommendations that will help you prevent Search.privacyassistant.net installation and browser infection. Feel free to share our suggestions with your family and friends since they will certainly help you keep the computer safe and protected from Search.privacyassistant.net and any other malware:
- Do not install dubious programs especially if you got them from the web pages you don’t know. People often commit the common mistake and just download the program they were searching for. Unfortunately, eventually this downloaded program turns out to be dangerous.
- Listen to your intuition! If a website seems to be suspicious – for instance, it functions slowly or there are too many bright banners – it is better for you to leave it. And don’t forget to scan your computer for viruses!
- Be attentive during the entire process of installation. Get sure you haven’t missed a single window and a single checkbox. Untick all things that are irrelevant for you and you don’t want to install.
- And even if you do not remember having downloaded any applications it would be smart to scan your system for viruses and malicious software at least once a week.
|Method to uninstall||Price|
|Computer repair shop||$95-$140|
|Probability of Data theft||62,4%|
|Self-active Launch in OS||39,5%|
|Manual removal effectiveness||31,8%|
|Free Antivirus removal||79,2%|
|Paid Antivirus removal||91,0%|
|Infection Risk (USA)||7,0%|
|Risk of infection (Europe)||6,3%|
Complete removal of Search.privacyassistant.net
Spyhunter is an incredibly efficient malware uninstaller which permanently removes all types of malware and even the programs which remain invisible for your antivirus software. Spyhunter will help if you did not manage to delete Search.privacyassistant.net manually. It provides the best security to your PC due to regular upgrade of the signature base.
About Author: Material provided by: Averina lab