How to remove Startsearch.info adware
What Is Startsearch.info?
Startsearch.info is malicious software that belongs to adware. As Startsearch.info is automatically installed it will change your browser home page and add various ads to it. Startsearch.info files move to the registry thus it’s not an easy task to get rid of such an app. People usually download this harmful app with free software or with torrents from the places they don’t know well. Frankly speaking, it is another way to earn money for certain owners of websites – they add malware into the file of installation and publish it. It makes sense to be careful with different file downloaders as they often do many annoying things like downloading malware, breaking settings of your browser and so forth. By the way, Startsearch.info is true malware.
How to remove Startsearch.info Comfortably
There are many methods to uninstall Startsearch.info from the PC. You are welcome to read the guide till the end and perform the needed removal technique. If we speak about the most effective and the promptest technique of removal, so I should notice the utilities that will solve the problem. As many specialists say, the best way is to find and use special Startsearch.info Removal Tool. Removal application that was written especially for a individual type of computer infections is the most effective. You can also install any other antivirus tool that has Startsearch.info in the base of viruses. The antivirus software that I suggest you (Spyhunter 4) will detect and remove Startsearch.info 100%, you can download it using this button.
- It removes Startsearch.info right now. Forever.
- This anti-malware software will protect your computer against future infections.
- It provides professional real-time protection from malware, adware, spyware and other viruses.
- 24/7 professional support
Manual Startsearch.info removing
Step 1. Uninstall Startsearch.info from your computer. Manual for Windows 7, 8, 10 and XP
- Enter “Computer” on the desktop and choose “Uninstall or change a program”.
- In the program folder, look for all programs that contain Startsearch.info in their names. Remove them by clicking “uninstall’ and remove all suspicious programs that contain search, toolbar and others in their names.
Step 2. Clean the registry
- Download adwcleaner free utility app and run it. It searches and removes all files and registry keys that belong to the adware virus category.
- Click “Scan”.
- When scanning is finished, click “Clean” to remove all viruses.
- Click “Ok” to reboot the computer. After rebooting, check if the virus is still in the browser. Perhaps, it’s already removed and everything is fine. If it is not, take Step 3.
Step 3. Remove Startsearch.info from your browser
Remove Startsearch.info from Google Chrome
- Right-click on the Google Chrome shortcut and choose “properties”.
- In the “Target” field, remove everything going after “C:\Program Files\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe” and click “ok”.
- Choose “Settings” in the Chrome menu.
- In the “Extensions” tab, look for any extension that contains “Startsearch.info” in its name and remove it by clicking the Recycle Bin. Also remove all suspicious extensions that you didn’t install.
- In the “Settings” tab, find the “On startup” block, uncheck “Open a specific page or set of pages.”, click “Set pages”, enter google. Com in the new field, and click “ok”.
- In the “Search” tab, click “manage search engines” and remove everything except google.com.
- If it didn’t work – use Startsearch.info removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Google Chrome faster.
Remove Startsearch.info from Firefox
- Right-click the Firefox shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe” in the “target” field and click “ok”.
- Enter Firefox. Tools -> add-ons.
- Remove all suspicious extensions.
- Tools options -> general. Type google. Com in the “Home page” field (“Startup” block).
- Choose Google as your default search engine in the “Search” tab.
If it didn’t work – use Startsearch.info removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Firefox faster.
Uninstall Startsearch.info from Internet Explorer
- Right-click the Internet explorer shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe” in the “Target” field and click “ok”.
- Enter internet explorer -> tool -> manage Add-ons.
- Remove all extensions that you didn’t install. You can remove everything.
- Tools -> internet options, type google. Com in the upper field.
- Click “Settings” in the same window of the “Search” block and remove everything except Google. Com and Bing. Com from the list.
If it didn’t work – use Startsearch.info removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Internet Explorer faster.
Uninstall Startsearch.info from Safari
- Right-click the safari shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Safari” in the “Target” field and click “ok”.
- Click the Settings button in the upper right corner and select Reset Safari.
- Check all boxes and click OK.
What should I do to protect my PC from Startsearch.info?
Here you can find some tips which would help you prevent Startsearch.info installation and issues with browser. Feel free to show our tips with your friends and family members since they will really help you keep the PC safe and protected from Startsearch.info and other malicious software:
- Don’t install software of dubious origins especially if you found them from the web pages you do not know well. People often make the same mistake and download the needed application. However, later this program appears to be dangerous.
- Listen to your intuition! If a web page seems to be suspicious – for example, it works slowly or there are too many colorful banners – we recommend you to close it immediately. And remember to scan your computer for viruses!
- Keep attention during the the whole process of software installation. Get sure you haven’t missed a single line and a single radiobutton. Uncheck all checkboxes that are not relevant for you and you don’t want to install.
- Even if you don’t remember downloading anything it would be smart to inspect your computer for adware and viruses once a week.
|Method to uninstall||Price|
|Computer repair shop||$95-$140|
|Probability of Data theft||98,6%|
|Self-active Launch in OS||19,8%|
|Manual removal effectiveness||55,8%|
|Free Antivirus removal||22,3%|
|Paid Antivirus removal||89,3%|
|Infection Risk (USA)||6,4%|
|Risk of infection (Europe)||2,3%|
How to fully remove Startsearch.info
Spyhunter is probably the most powerful malware eliminator that easily removes all kinds of adware and malware and even the programs that are invisible for your antivirus. Spyhunter will help if you did not delete Startsearch.info manually as well. It provides the best level protection to your PC because it downloads daily updates of the base of signatures.
About Author: Material provided by: Averina lab