Instructions to remove Thegreatfreedownloads.com effectively
What Is Thegreatfreedownloads.com?
Thegreatfreedownloads.com is malicious adware which can be dangerous to your computer. Once Thegreatfreedownloads.com is installed it will set a new home page in browser and add various ads to it. Thegreatfreedownloads.com elements get into the system registry and it turns out to be not easy to delete this app. This software is usually downloaded with free programs, torrents, various patches for video games and other free files. Embedding malicious software into any type of software builds could be a business the website owner runs helping him earn more. A downloader is a program that provides a user with the necessary file, however it also installs different ad offers that are well-known to all users: malware with irritating advertisement popping up in a browser, links with bad redirections, applications that change homepage in the browser and so on. By the way, Thegreatfreedownloads.com is true malware.
How to remove Thegreatfreedownloads.com Simply
There are many ways to remove Thegreatfreedownloads.com from the computer. It is better to read the page till the end and choose the wanted way of removal. Speaking about the facilest and the quickest method of removal, so I should mention the software that will delete the undesired program. According to my experience, the best way is to install and use special Thegreatfreedownloads.com Removal Tool. Removal application that was created especially for a separate type of malware is the most active. You can also run any other antivirus software that has Thegreatfreedownloads.com in the signature base. The antivirus software that I recommend you (Spyhunter 4) will detect and remove Thegreatfreedownloads.com completely, you can install it clicking this button.
- It removes Thegreatfreedownloads.com right now. Forever.
- This anti-malware software will protect your computer against future infections.
- It provides professional real-time protection from malware, adware, spyware and other viruses.
- 24/7 professional support
[Not a valid template]
Manual Thegreatfreedownloads.com removing
Step 1. Uninstall Thegreatfreedownloads.com from your computer. Manual for Windows 7, 8, 10 and XP
- Enter “Computer” on the desktop and choose “Uninstall or change a program”.
- In the program folder, look for all programs that contain Thegreatfreedownloads.com in their names. Remove them by clicking “uninstall’ and remove all suspicious programs that contain search, toolbar and others in their names.
Step 2. Clean the registry
- Download adwcleaner free utility app and run it. It searches and removes all files and registry keys that belong to the adware virus category.
- Click “Scan”.
- When scanning is finished, click “Clean” to remove all viruses.
- Click “Ok” to reboot the computer. After rebooting, check if the virus is still in the browser. Perhaps, it’s already removed and everything is fine. If it is not, take Step 3.
Step 3. Remove Thegreatfreedownloads.com from your browser
Remove Thegreatfreedownloads.com from Google Chrome
- Right-click on the Google Chrome shortcut and choose “properties”.
- In the “Target” field, remove everything going after “C:\Program Files\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe” and click “ok”.
- Choose “Settings” in the Chrome menu.
- In the “Extensions” tab, look for any extension that contains “Thegreatfreedownloads.com” in its name and remove it by clicking the Recycle Bin. Also remove all suspicious extensions that you didn’t install.
- In the “Settings” tab, find the “On startup” block, uncheck “Open a specific page or set of pages.”, click “Set pages”, enter google. Com in the new field, and click “ok”.
- In the “Search” tab, click “manage search engines” and remove everything except google.com.
- If it didn’t work – use Thegreatfreedownloads.com removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Google Chrome faster.
Remove Thegreatfreedownloads.com from Firefox
- Right-click the Firefox shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe” in the “target” field and click “ok”.
- Enter Firefox. Tools -> add-ons.
- Remove all suspicious extensions.
- Tools options -> general. Type google. Com in the “Home page” field (“Startup” block).
- Choose Google as your default search engine in the “Search” tab.
If it didn’t work – use Thegreatfreedownloads.com removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Firefox faster.
Uninstall Thegreatfreedownloads.com from Internet Explorer
- Right-click the Internet explorer shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe” in the “Target” field and click “ok”.
- Enter internet explorer -> tool -> manage Add-ons.
- Remove all extensions that you didn’t install. You can remove everything.
- Tools -> internet options, type google. Com in the upper field.
- Click “Settings” in the same window of the “Search” block and remove everything except Google. Com and Bing. Com from the list.
If it didn’t work – use Thegreatfreedownloads.com removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Internet Explorer faster.
Uninstall Thegreatfreedownloads.com from Safari
- Right-click the safari shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Safari” in the “Target” field and click “ok”.
- Click the Settings button in the upper right corner and select Reset Safari.
- Check all boxes and click OK.
What should I do to protect my PC from Thegreatfreedownloads.com?
Below you can see some recommendations that would help you prevent installation of Thegreatfreedownloads.com and issues with browser. Don’t hesitate to send those tips with your family and friends just because they will really help you keep your PC safe and protected from Thegreatfreedownloads.com and any other malware:
- Do not install software of dubious origins especially if you got them on the web pages you don’t know. People often make the same mistake and just download the needed application. However, eventually this downloaded program appears to be malicious.
- Don’t ignore your intuition! If a website seems to be suspicious – for example, it works too slowly or it is literally made of bright banners – it is better for you to leave it. And remember to check your PC for viruses!
- Stay attentive during the the whole process of app installation. Try not to miss a single window and a single checkbox. Untick all things which are unneeded for you and you do not want to install them.
- And even in case if you don’t remember downloading any applications it would be reasonable to scan your computer for viruses at least once a week.
|Method to uninstall||Price|
|Computer repair shop||$95-$140|
|Probability of Data theft||73,9%|
|Self-active Launch in OS||87%|
|Manual removal effectiveness||15,8%|
|Free Antivirus removal||42,8%|
|Paid Antivirus removal||84,3%|
|Infection Risk (USA)||4,4%|
|Risk of infection (Europe)||1,3%|
How to fully remove Thegreatfreedownloads.com
Spyhunter is an incredibly efficient malware uninstaller that easily and quickly removes all kinds of malicious applications and even the programs remaining invisible for your antivirus software. Spyhunter will be irreplaceable if you failed to delete Thegreatfreedownloads.com manually as well. It will provide the highest level of protection to your computer because it gets regular updating of the base of signatures.
About Author: Material provided by: Averina lab