Methods to remove Charteko.com effectively
What Is Charteko.com?
Charteko.com is malware belonging to adware applications. After being installed Charteko.com immediately changes the browser home page and generates ads. Since this malicious app is kept in the system registry it could be not that easy to remove Charteko.com on your PC. A habitual example of getting Charteko.com to to the computer is when you download a song or any other content from torrents or any other site with free applications. People who own websites sometimes try to earn in such a way and embed malware into the installation file of an app that will be downloaded by users. A downloader is an app that provides a user with the needed file, but it also brings various ad offers which are well-known to all users: bad software with irritating pop-up ads in a browser window, redirected links, apps setting a new browser homepage and so forth. By the way, Charteko.com is true malware.
How to remove Charteko.com Easily
There are many methods to remove Charteko.com from your system. It is better to examine the article entirely and choose the effective method. Speaking about the easiest and the quickest way of removal, so I should say about the software that will uninstall the undesired program. According to my experience, the best way is to find and launch efficient Charteko.com Removal Tool. Removal program that was written for a separate class of computer infections is the most effective. You can also run any other antivirus program that has Charteko.com in the base of viruses. The antivirus software that I advise you (Spyhunter 4) will detect and uninstall Charteko.com absolutely, you can install it using this button.
- It removes Charteko.com right now. Forever.
- This anti-malware software will protect your computer against future infections.
- It provides professional real-time protection from malware, adware, spyware and other viruses.
- 24/7 professional support
Manual Charteko.com removing
Step 1. Uninstall Charteko.com from your computer. Manual for Windows 7, 8, 10 and XP
- Enter “Computer” on the desktop and choose “Uninstall or change a program”.
- In the program folder, look for all programs that contain Charteko.com in their names. Remove them by clicking “uninstall’ and remove all suspicious programs that contain search, toolbar and others in their names.
Step 2. Clean the registry
- Download adwcleaner free utility app and run it. It searches and removes all files and registry keys that belong to the adware virus category.
- Click “Scan”.
- When scanning is finished, click “Clean” to remove all viruses.
- Click “Ok” to reboot the computer. After rebooting, check if the virus is still in the browser. Perhaps, it’s already removed and everything is fine. If it is not, take Step 3.
Step 3. Remove Charteko.com from your browser
Remove Charteko.com from Google Chrome
- Right-click on the Google Chrome shortcut and choose “properties”.
- In the “Target” field, remove everything going after “C:\Program Files\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe” and click “ok”.
- Choose “Settings” in the Chrome menu.
- In the “Extensions” tab, look for any extension that contains “Charteko.com” in its name and remove it by clicking the Recycle Bin. Also remove all suspicious extensions that you didn’t install.
- In the “Settings” tab, find the “On startup” block, uncheck “Open a specific page or set of pages.”, click “Set pages”, enter google. Com in the new field, and click “ok”.
- In the “Search” tab, click “manage search engines” and remove everything except google.com.
- If it didn’t work – use Charteko.com removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Google Chrome faster.
Remove Charteko.com from Firefox
- Right-click the Firefox shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe” in the “target” field and click “ok”.
- Enter Firefox. Tools -> add-ons.
- Remove all suspicious extensions.
- Tools options -> general. Type google. Com in the “Home page” field (“Startup” block).
- Choose Google as your default search engine in the “Search” tab.
If it didn’t work – use Charteko.com removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Firefox faster.
Uninstall Charteko.com from Internet Explorer
- Right-click the Internet explorer shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe” in the “Target” field and click “ok”.
- Enter internet explorer -> tool -> manage Add-ons.
- Remove all extensions that you didn’t install. You can remove everything.
- Tools -> internet options, type google. Com in the upper field.
- Click “Settings” in the same window of the “Search” block and remove everything except Google. Com and Bing. Com from the list.
If it didn’t work – use Charteko.com removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Internet Explorer faster.
Uninstall Charteko.com from Safari
- Right-click the safari shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Safari” in the “Target” field and click “ok”.
- Click the Settings button in the upper right corner and select Reset Safari.
- Check all boxes and click OK.
What should I do to protect my PC from Charteko.com?
Below you will find some tips that will help you avoid Charteko.com installation and browser infection. Feel free to show those advice with your friends and family members as they will really allow you to keep the computer safe and protected from Charteko.com and other malware:
- Don’t install software of dubious origins especially if you got them on the websites you don’t know. People often make the same mistake and download the app they need. Unfortunately, eventually this downloaded program turns out to be dangerous.
- Don’t ignore your intuition! When a website seems to be malicious – for example, it functions slowly or it is literally made of bright banners – we recommend you to close it. And remember to check your PC for viruses!
- Be attentive during the all app installation. Try not to miss a single window and a single radiobutton. Untick all checkboxes which are irrelevant and you don’t want to install them.
- And even if you don’t remember downloading any applications it would be smart to scan your computer for adware and viruses once a week.
|Method to uninstall||Price|
|Computer repair shop||$95-$140|
|Probability of Data theft||59,8%|
|Self-active Launch in OS||84,6%|
|Manual removal effectiveness||55,8%|
|Free Antivirus removal||52,6%|
|Paid Antivirus removal||79,2%|
|Infection Risk (USA)||2,6%|
|Risk of infection (Europe)||1,3%|
How to fully remove Charteko.com
Spyhunter is the most efficient malware uninstaller which permanently removes all types of malicious applications and even the apps that are invisible for your antivirus software. Spyhunter will help if you did not remove Charteko.com yourself. It provides the best safety of your computer thanks to daily upgrade of the base of viruses.
About Author: Material provided by: Averina lab