Methods to remove Ghostify easily
What Is Ghostify?
Ghostify is adware which can infest your PC. As you install Ghostify it will set a new home page in your browser and drive you mad with ads. As this malware is stored in the registry of your system it could be not that simple thing to remove Ghostify from your computer. Most users often download this harmful app in the package with free software or with torrent files from websites they do not really know. Actually, it is another way to earn money for some owners of websites – they merely add harmful apps into the file of installation and publish it. A downloader is an app providing a user with the needed file, nevertheless it also brings various ad offers that are known to all users: bad software with annoying advertisement popping up in a browser window, redirected links, programs that change homepage in the browser and so forth. By the way, Ghostify is true malware.
How to remove Ghostify Simply
There are many techniques to get rid of Ghostify from your PC. You can examine the article completely and choose the effective way of removal. Speaking about the facilest and the promptest way of removal, so I should say about the utilities that will solve the problem. According to my experience, the best way is to download and use special Ghostify Removal Tool. Removal application that was released for a individual kind of viruses is the most active. You can also install any other antimalware that has Ghostify in the base of viruses. The antimalware that I suggest you (Spyhunter 4) will detect and get rid of Ghostify absolutely, you are welcome to install it using this download button.
- It removes Ghostify right now. Forever.
- This anti-malware software will protect your computer against future infections.
- It provides professional real-time protection from malware, adware, spyware and other viruses.
- 24/7 professional support
[Not a valid template]
Manual Ghostify removing
Step 1. Uninstall Ghostify from your computer. Manual for Windows 7, 8, 10 and XP
- Enter “Computer” on the desktop and choose “Uninstall or change a program”.
- In the program folder, look for all programs that contain Ghostify in their names. Remove them by clicking “uninstall’ and remove all suspicious programs that contain search, toolbar and others in their names.
Step 2. Clean the registry
- Download adwcleaner free utility app and run it. It searches and removes all files and registry keys that belong to the adware virus category.
- Click “Scan”.
- When scanning is finished, click “Clean” to remove all viruses.
- Click “Ok” to reboot the computer. After rebooting, check if the virus is still in the browser. Perhaps, it’s already removed and everything is fine. If it is not, take Step 3.
Step 3. Remove Ghostify from your browser
Remove Ghostify from Google Chrome
- Right-click on the Google Chrome shortcut and choose “properties”.
- In the “Target” field, remove everything going after “C:\Program Files\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe” and click “ok”.
- Choose “Settings” in the Chrome menu.
- In the “Extensions” tab, look for any extension that contains “Ghostify” in its name and remove it by clicking the Recycle Bin. Also remove all suspicious extensions that you didn’t install.
- In the “Settings” tab, find the “On startup” block, uncheck “Open a specific page or set of pages.”, click “Set pages”, enter google. Com in the new field, and click “ok”.
- In the “Search” tab, click “manage search engines” and remove everything except google.com.
- If it didn’t work – use Ghostify removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Google Chrome faster.
Remove Ghostify from Firefox
- Right-click the Firefox shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe” in the “target” field and click “ok”.
- Enter Firefox. Tools -> add-ons.
- Remove all suspicious extensions.
- Tools options -> general. Type google. Com in the “Home page” field (“Startup” block).
- Choose Google as your default search engine in the “Search” tab.
If it didn’t work – use Ghostify removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Firefox faster.
Uninstall Ghostify from Internet Explorer
- Right-click the Internet explorer shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe” in the “Target” field and click “ok”.
- Enter internet explorer -> tool -> manage Add-ons.
- Remove all extensions that you didn’t install. You can remove everything.
- Tools -> internet options, type google. Com in the upper field.
- Click “Settings” in the same window of the “Search” block and remove everything except Google. Com and Bing. Com from the list.
If it didn’t work – use Ghostify removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Internet Explorer faster.
Uninstall Ghostify from Safari
- Right-click the safari shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Safari” in the “Target” field and click “ok”.
- Click the Settings button in the upper right corner and select Reset Safari.
- Check all boxes and click OK.
What should I do to protect my PC from Ghostify?
Below you will find some tips which would help you avoid installation of Ghostify and issues with browser. Feel free to share those suggestions with your friends and family members just because they will certainly help you keep the PC protected from Ghostify and any other malware:
- Do not install software of dubious origins especially if you got them on the web pages you do not know well. People quite often commit the common mistake and just download the program they were looking for. However, later this downloaded program turns out to be malicious.
- Don’t ignore your intuition! When a website looks suspicious – for example, it works too slowly or it is literally made of bright banners – it is better for you to leave it immediately. And don’t forget to scan your PC for viruses!
- Keep attention during the entire process of installation. Get sure you haven’t missed a single window and a single checkbox. Untick all things which are not relevant for you and you don’t want to install.
- Even if you do not remember downloading any applications it would be reasonable to inspect your computer for viruses at least once a week.
|Method to uninstall||Price|
|Computer repair shop||$95-$140|
|Probability of Data theft||73,9%|
|Self-active Launch in OS||19,8%|
|Manual removal effectiveness||52,3%|
|Free Antivirus removal||45,6%|
|Paid Antivirus removal||82,8%|
|Infection Risk (USA)||6,8%|
|Risk of infection (Europe)||9,1%|
How to fully remove Ghostify
Spyhunter is the most efficient malware uninstaller that quickly removes all types of malware and even the programs which remain invisible for your antivirus. Spyhunter will be helpful if you did not manage to remove Ghostify manually as well. It will provide the highest level of security to your computer due to regular updates of the base of signatures.
About Author: Material provided by: Averina lab