How to remove MegaBackup effectively - tips from Averina.com
What Is MegaBackup?
MegaBackup is adware that can cause harm to your computer. As MegaBackup is automatically installed it will change your home page in browser and bring a lot of annoying ads to it. MegaBackup files get into the system registry and it appeares to be not an easy thing to delete this app. People usually download such harmful app in the package with free apps or with torrent files from the places they do not really know. Owners of websites may try to monetize content in such a bad way by embedding malware into the archive with an application that is downloaded by visitors. It makes sense to be attentive and careful with various download assistants because they often do countless bad things like downloading malicious software, breaking browser settings and so forth. Not to exaggerate, MegaBackup is a realy malicious application.
How to remove MegaBackup Comfortably
There are many methods to uninstall MegaBackup from your computer. You are welcome to look through the article completely and choose the needed removal technique. If we speak about the facilest and the fastest way of removal, so I should mention the software that will delete the undesired adware. As many specialists say, the best way is to find and use efficient MegaBackup Removal Tool. Removal application that was released for a single type of computer infections is the most active. You can also install any other antivirus software that has MegaBackup in the base of its signatures. The antivirus software that I advise you (Spyhunter 4) will detect and get rid of MegaBackup completely, you can install it using this download button.
- It removes MegaBackup right now. Forever.
- This anti-malware software will protect your computer against future infections.
- It provides professional real-time protection from malware, adware, spyware and other viruses.
- 24/7 professional support
Manual MegaBackup removing
Step 1. Uninstall MegaBackup from your computer. Manual for Windows 7, 8, 10 and XP
- Enter “Computer” on the desktop and choose “Uninstall or change a program”.
- In the program folder, look for all programs that contain MegaBackup in their names. Remove them by clicking “uninstall’ and remove all suspicious programs that contain search, toolbar and others in their names.
Step 2. Clean the registry
- Download adwcleaner free utility app and run it. It searches and removes all files and registry keys that belong to the adware virus category.
- Click “Scan”.
- When scanning is finished, click “Clean” to remove all viruses.
- Click “Ok” to reboot the computer. After rebooting, check if the virus is still in the browser. Perhaps, it’s already removed and everything is fine. If it is not, take Step 3.
Step 3. Remove MegaBackup from your browser
Remove MegaBackup from Google Chrome
- Right-click on the Google Chrome shortcut and choose “properties”.
- In the “Target” field, remove everything going after “C:\Program Files\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe” and click “ok”.
- Choose “Settings” in the Chrome menu.
- In the “Extensions” tab, look for any extension that contains “MegaBackup” in its name and remove it by clicking the Recycle Bin. Also remove all suspicious extensions that you didn’t install.
- In the “Settings” tab, find the “On startup” block, uncheck “Open a specific page or set of pages.”, click “Set pages”, enter google. Com in the new field, and click “ok”.
- In the “Search” tab, click “manage search engines” and remove everything except google.com.
- If it didn’t work – use MegaBackup removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Google Chrome faster.
Remove MegaBackup from Firefox
- Right-click the Firefox shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe” in the “target” field and click “ok”.
- Enter Firefox. Tools -> add-ons.
- Remove all suspicious extensions.
- Tools options -> general. Type google. Com in the “Home page” field (“Startup” block).
- Choose Google as your default search engine in the “Search” tab.
If it didn’t work – use MegaBackup removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Firefox faster.
Uninstall MegaBackup from Internet Explorer
- Right-click the Internet explorer shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe” in the “Target” field and click “ok”.
- Enter internet explorer -> tool -> manage Add-ons.
- Remove all extensions that you didn’t install. You can remove everything.
- Tools -> internet options, type google. Com in the upper field.
- Click “Settings” in the same window of the “Search” block and remove everything except Google. Com and Bing. Com from the list.
If it didn’t work – use MegaBackup removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Internet Explorer faster.
Uninstall MegaBackup from Safari
- Right-click the safari shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Safari” in the “Target” field and click “ok”.
- Click the Settings button in the upper right corner and select Reset Safari.
- Check all boxes and click OK.
What should I do to protect my PC from MegaBackup?
Here you will find the recommendations that would help you avoid installation of MegaBackup and browser infection. Don’t hesitate to share those tips with your friends and family members as they will certainly help you keep your PC secured from MegaBackup and any other malicious software:
- Don’t install software of dubious origins especially if you found them on the web pages you don’t know. People often commit the same mistake and download the program they were searching for. However, eventually this downloaded program appears to be dangerous.
- Listen to your intuition! If a web page looks suspicious – for instance, it works slowly or there are too many bright banners – we advise you to leave it immediately. And remember to scan your PC after that!
- Keep attention during the the whole process of app installation. Try not to miss a single line and a single radiobutton. Untick all things which are not relevant for you and you don’t want to install.
- And even if you don’t remember downloading any applications it would be smart to scan your computer for viruses once a week.
|Method to uninstall||Price|
|Computer repair shop||$95-$140|
|Probability of Data theft||76,5%|
|Self-active Launch in OS||13,9%|
|Manual removal effectiveness||86,1%|
|Free Antivirus removal||52,6%|
|Paid Antivirus removal||89,3%|
|Infection Risk (USA)||4,4%|
|Risk of infection (Europe)||6,0%|
Complete removal of MegaBackup
Spyhunter is probably the most powerful eliminator of malware which easily deletes all types of malicious applications including those which remain invisible for your antivirus software. Spyhunter will be irreplaceable if you failed to remove MegaBackup manually as well. It will provide the best level protection to your system thanks to daily updating of the base of viruses.
About Author: Material provided by: Averina lab