How to remove Onion effectively
Onion is a free program that is commonly added together with different applications because computer owners did not take notice of the additional browser add-on. This is about undesirable software that can be added to your browser, demonstrating you a great deal of popping-up windows with advertising information in Chrome, IE, Firefox and in other browsers. If you downloaded and installed free program not so long ago and you did not know how to remove the tick that is responsible for the installation of Onion, then you will have to get many popping-up windows. It is better to remove Onion, otherwise the pop-ups will annoy you and your privacy and the security of your computer will be at stake.
- Remove Onion automatically:
- Use removal tool
How to remove Onion Simply
There are a lot of methods to uninstall Onion from your PC. You can read the page entirely and perform the effective removal technique. If we speak about the most effective and the promptest method of removal, so I should mention the software that will eliminate the undesired adware. According to my experience, the best way is to find and use efficient Onion Removal Tool. Removal program that was written especially for a separate class of viruses is the most effective. It is also possible to use any other antivirus software that has Onion in the signature base. The antivirus software that I recommend you (Spyhunter 4) will find and remove Onion absolutely, you are welcome to install it clicking this button.
- It removes Onion right now. Forever.
- This anti-malware software will protect your computer against future infections.
- It provides professional real-time protection from malware, adware, spyware and other viruses.
- 24/7 professional support
Speaking about the pluses of Spyhunter 4, I should mention the fact that it was created by the group of people who know their work qualitatively and are experienced in elimination of PC infections. Furthermore Spyhunter will uninstall not only ads from your system but also all the existent viruses, such as Trojans, worms or rootkits.
Spyhunter 4 is a new variant of efficient antivirus that removes all the possible elements of Onion and other adware not only in browsers, but also from the registry entries. It is a good solution for those who do not know how to remove virus elements from the registry, because the program will do it for you.
What Is Onion?
Onion is a program that was created to be helpful for users in online shopping, it will assist to find the most profitable special offers and rebate quickly and to compare the prizes for one and the same assortment in various sources. Moreover Onion will show you a lot of pop-ups that represent advertising information even if you do not want to see them. The software that have such options are called adware or ad-supported. Such programs are considered to be a probably malicious that is why it is very undesirable to install them or have in the system.
Instructions to remove Onion from browsers: Chrome, IE, Mozilla Firefox, Opera, Safari
Reset Google Chrome
- Free antivirus scanner will help you to solve this issue in Chrome faster.
- Safe manual step by step instructions to remove Onion in Google Chrome.
- Free anti-malware scanner will uninstall Onion from firefox faster.
- Thorough step by step manual Onion removal instructions for Firefox.
Reset Internet Explorer
- You can uninstall Onion from Internet Explorer automatically with free anti-malware scanner.
- Manual step by step Onion removal instructions for IE.
- Automatic and fast Onion removal technique for Safari: free anti-malware scanner.
- Step by step Onion manual removal instructions for Safari.
- Method to automatically and faster remove Onion from Opera: free anti-malware scanner.
- uninstall Onion from Opera manually with full step by step instructions.
Some users even do not realize that Onion is present on the PC and think that all that happens in their browsers is due to the options of the browsers, so I want to enumerate all the possible elements that will report you that Onion is present and the after-effects of its installation:
- You can notice the change of the homepage in your browsers. So, you can set the homepage that you like and then it will be changed by itself to the unwanted page and you can do nothing with this.
- Onion forces people to use its own search engine. So, you can try to set the default search engine, but it is useless because Onion will change it back again.
- The great slowdown of your system. The undesirable program needs a lot of CPU to perform its viral functions, so your PC can be very slow.
- The existence of the application in the registry entries. You can remove Onion from your browser manually, but the elements of the registry will install it in your system again. So, it is impossible to eliminate Onion just only from a browser, you should be certain that there are no lines of Onion in the registry.
- The programs that can be added without your agreement. Commonly they are also add-ons that can be added into any of your browsers or on your desktop. No matter what applications were installed by adware, you should not leave them and think that they are not risky software.
- Onion can access your private data that is in the browsers, such as your search terms, the statistics about the websites that you visit, the login information from your accounts in social networks, etc.
These enumerated characteristics and symptoms of Onion are also the reasons why this application should be removed. If you want to stop all this mess on the computer, so you need to choose the way of removal.
|Probability of Data theft||92,8%|
|Self-active Launch in OS||56%|
|Manual removal effectiveness||0,9%|
|Free Antivirus removal||23,5%|
|Paid Antivirus removal||99,2%|
|Infection Risk (USA)||6,2%|
|Risk of infection (Europe)||6,0%|
Onion adds itself not only into your browser, but it covers all the levels of your PC. It creates its registry entries, launch its process at the start up of the computer that is why it is rather hard to remove it from the system and the removal process takes for a while.
What are the Ways to Protect Your System From Onion?
Here are the effective ways to protect your PC from Onion in the future in order not to let the adware to penetrate your browser again. You also can advise the methods to your friends and relatives to protect the systems from Onion and any other potential malware:
- You should not use doubtful programs from different unfamiliar and strange websites. Very often users suppose that they have discover the necessary software, but when it is installed, it proves to be that the software is malicious.
- Trust your intuition! If you think that the site that you are visiting is suspicious (different strange things occur there and the system is slack), then you should close these sites. After that scan the computer for viruses.
- Be absolutely calm and attentive at the time of the procedure of installation of any utility. Examine all the windows and all the checkboxes not to add anything else that you do not want.
- It is advised to scan your system for viruses if nothing else one timea a week.
|Method to uninstall||Price|
|Computer repair shop||$95-$140|
As you see professional help in any computer repair service is the most expensive way. The price for this help can be different; it can be even more expensive, if the system is infected with anything else. But you can be sure that the computer will be after it.
It is possible to use free solutions, such as manual way of removal or free of charge antivirus program, but be ready that free of charge software can leave the malware and it will stay in the system and manual technique (in case if it will be done with mistakes) can ruin your computer and it will not launch next time. You can also use a paid antimalware, it can be a splendid alternative to different methods because it is not so expensive, but nevertheless the vendors of paid utilities frequently create some updates that will guarantee that the Onion will be in the signature base and the program will delete it and the PC will be free of computer viruses in the future.
Spyhunter is a good antimalware software that will eliminate different kinds of up-to-date malware, even those that most antivirus software cannot detect. It is also possible to run it if the endeavour to remove Onion manually was not successful. Spyhunter will protect your PC from malware in the future due to the constantly updated base of signatures.
About Author: Material provided by: Averina lab