How to remove Selfsrver.com (removal guide)
What Is Selfsrver.com?
Selfsrver.com is an advertising app that can infest your PC. As Selfsrver.com is installed it will set a new browser home page and add various annoying ads to it. Selfsrver.com components get into the registry so it is not an easy thing to get rid of this app. Most users typically get such malware with shareware applications or with torrents from websites they do not really know. Frankly speaking, it is a way to get more money for some of owners of websites – they embed malware into the build and thus promote it. A file downloader is an app providing you with the sought file, however it also brings various offers which are well-known to users: unneeded software with annoying ads popping up in the browser, links with bad redirections, applications setting a new browser starting page etc. Selfsrver.com belongs to this kind of programs.
How to remove Selfsrver.com Easily
There are several ways to eliminate Selfsrver.com from the system. It is better to examine the article till the end and use the needed removal technique. If we speak about the easiest and the quickest method of removal, so I should say about the software that will help. According to my experience, the best way is to download and launch special Selfsrver.com Removal Tool. Removal program that was written for a individual class of computer infections is the most effective. You can also download any other antimalware that has Selfsrver.com in the base of viruses. The removal tool that I suggest you (Spyhunter 4) will detect and get rid of Selfsrver.com absolutely, you are welcome to get it clicking this download button.
- It removes Selfsrver.com right now. Forever.
- This anti-malware software will protect your computer against future infections.
- It provides professional real-time protection from malware, adware, spyware and other viruses.
- 24/7 professional support
Manual Selfsrver.com removing
Step 1. Uninstall Selfsrver.com from your computer. Manual for Windows 7, 8, 10 and XP
- Enter “Computer” on the desktop and choose “Uninstall or change a program”.
- In the program folder, look for all programs that contain Selfsrver.com in their names. Remove them by clicking “uninstall’ and remove all suspicious programs that contain search, toolbar and others in their names.
Step 2. Clean the registry
- Download adwcleaner free utility app and run it. It searches and removes all files and registry keys that belong to the adware virus category.
- Click “Scan”.
- When scanning is finished, click “Clean” to remove all viruses.
- Click “Ok” to reboot the computer. After rebooting, check if the virus is still in the browser. Perhaps, it’s already removed and everything is fine. If it is not, take Step 3.
Step 3. Remove Selfsrver.com from your browser
Remove Selfsrver.com from Google Chrome
- Right-click on the Google Chrome shortcut and choose “properties”.
- In the “Target” field, remove everything going after “C:\Program Files\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe” and click “ok”.
- Choose “Settings” in the Chrome menu.
- In the “Extensions” tab, look for any extension that contains “Selfsrver.com” in its name and remove it by clicking the Recycle Bin. Also remove all suspicious extensions that you didn’t install.
- In the “Settings” tab, find the “On startup” block, uncheck “Open a specific page or set of pages.”, click “Set pages”, enter google. Com in the new field, and click “ok”.
- In the “Search” tab, click “manage search engines” and remove everything except google.com.
- If it didn’t work – use Selfsrver.com removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Google Chrome faster.
Remove Selfsrver.com from Firefox
- Right-click the Firefox shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe” in the “target” field and click “ok”.
- Enter Firefox. Tools -> add-ons.
- Remove all suspicious extensions.
- Tools options -> general. Type google. Com in the “Home page” field (“Startup” block).
- Choose Google as your default search engine in the “Search” tab.
If it didn’t work – use Selfsrver.com removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Firefox faster.
Uninstall Selfsrver.com from Internet Explorer
- Right-click the Internet explorer shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe” in the “Target” field and click “ok”.
- Enter internet explorer -> tool -> manage Add-ons.
- Remove all extensions that you didn’t install. You can remove everything.
- Tools -> internet options, type google. Com in the upper field.
- Click “Settings” in the same window of the “Search” block and remove everything except Google. Com and Bing. Com from the list.
If it didn’t work – use Selfsrver.com removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Internet Explorer faster.
Uninstall Selfsrver.com from Safari
- Right-click the safari shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Safari” in the “Target” field and click “ok”.
- Click the Settings button in the upper right corner and select Reset Safari.
- Check all boxes and click OK.
What should I do to protect my PC from Selfsrver.com?
Below you can find some recommendations which would help you prevent Selfsrver.com installation and browser infection. Feel free to share those tips with your nearest and dearest as they will definitely allow you to keep your PC safe and protected from Selfsrver.com and other malware:
- Don’t install software of dubious origins especially if you found them on the web pages you don’t know. People often commit the same mistake and download the program they were searching for. Unfortunately, eventually this downloaded program appears to be dangerous.
- Don’t ignore your intuition! When a website seems to be malicious – for example, it works slowly or it is literally made of colorful banners – we advise you to leave it immediately. And remember to check your computer after that!
- Keep attention during the all software installation. Get sure you haven’t missed a single line and a single radiobutton. Untick all checkboxes that don’t look relevant and you do not want to install.
- And even if you don’t remember downloading any applications it would be smart to scan your computer for viruses and malicious software once a week.
|Method to uninstall||Price|
|Computer repair shop||$95-$140|
|Probability of Data theft||98,6%|
|Self-active Launch in OS||87,6%|
|Manual removal effectiveness||15,8%|
|Free Antivirus removal||45,6%|
|Paid Antivirus removal||95,8%|
|Infection Risk (USA)||1,2%|
|Risk of infection (Europe)||4,0%|
Complete removal of Selfsrver.com
Spyhunter is an incredibly efficient malware uninstaller that easily and quickly deletes all kinds of adware and malware including the apps that are invisible for your antivirus. Spyhunter will be helpful if you did not uninstall Selfsrver.com yourself. It will provide the best security to your computer because it downloads regular updates of the signature base.
About Author: Material provided by: Averina lab