Methods to remove Slithermon (removal guide)
What Is Slithermon?
Slithermon is malicious software belonging to advertising software. After being installed Slithermon immediately changes your home page and creates ad pop-ups. Slithermon components get into the registry therefore it appeares to be not easy to remove this app. A usual example of getting Slithermon to to the computer is when you download a movie or other kind of content from torrents or any other resource offering free applications. Actually, it is a way to get more money for some of owners of websites – they add harmful apps into the file of installation and thus promote it. A file downloader is a program providing a user with the necessary file, but it also brings various offers that are well-known to users: unneeded software with irritating ads popping up in a browser window, links with bad redirections, apps that change browser homepage and so on. By the way, Slithermon is true malware.
How to remove Slithermon Easily
There are several methods to eliminate Slithermon from the system. You can read the article till the end and use the needed method. If we speak about the most effective and the promptest way of removal, so I should say about the utilities that will solve the problem. According to my experience, the best way is to find and run special Slithermon Removal Tool. Removal application that was written especially for a single kind of viruses is the most effective. You can also run any other antimalware that has Slithermon in the base of its signatures. The antivirus software that I suggest you (Spyhunter 4) will find and remove Slithermon absolutely, you can get it using this download button.
- It removes Slithermon right now. Forever.
- This anti-malware software will protect your computer against future infections.
- It provides professional real-time protection from malware, adware, spyware and other viruses.
- 24/7 professional support
[Not a valid template]
Manual Slithermon removing
Step 1. Uninstall Slithermon from your computer. Manual for Windows 7, 8, 10 and XP
- Enter “Computer” on the desktop and choose “Uninstall or change a program”.
- In the program folder, look for all programs that contain Slithermon in their names. Remove them by clicking “uninstall’ and remove all suspicious programs that contain search, toolbar and others in their names.
Step 2. Clean the registry
- Download adwcleaner free utility app and run it. It searches and removes all files and registry keys that belong to the adware virus category.
- Click “Scan”.
- When scanning is finished, click “Clean” to remove all viruses.
- Click “Ok” to reboot the computer. After rebooting, check if the virus is still in the browser. Perhaps, it’s already removed and everything is fine. If it is not, take Step 3.
Step 3. Remove Slithermon from your browser
Remove Slithermon from Google Chrome
- Right-click on the Google Chrome shortcut and choose “properties”.
- In the “Target” field, remove everything going after “C:\Program Files\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe” and click “ok”.
- Choose “Settings” in the Chrome menu.
- In the “Extensions” tab, look for any extension that contains “Slithermon” in its name and remove it by clicking the Recycle Bin. Also remove all suspicious extensions that you didn’t install.
- In the “Settings” tab, find the “On startup” block, uncheck “Open a specific page or set of pages.”, click “Set pages”, enter google. Com in the new field, and click “ok”.
- In the “Search” tab, click “manage search engines” and remove everything except google.com.
- If it didn’t work – use Slithermon removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Google Chrome faster.
Remove Slithermon from Firefox
- Right-click the Firefox shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe” in the “target” field and click “ok”.
- Enter Firefox. Tools -> add-ons.
- Remove all suspicious extensions.
- Tools options -> general. Type google. Com in the “Home page” field (“Startup” block).
- Choose Google as your default search engine in the “Search” tab.
If it didn’t work – use Slithermon removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Firefox faster.
Uninstall Slithermon from Internet Explorer
- Right-click the Internet explorer shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe” in the “Target” field and click “ok”.
- Enter internet explorer -> tool -> manage Add-ons.
- Remove all extensions that you didn’t install. You can remove everything.
- Tools -> internet options, type google. Com in the upper field.
- Click “Settings” in the same window of the “Search” block and remove everything except Google. Com and Bing. Com from the list.
If it didn’t work – use Slithermon removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Internet Explorer faster.
Uninstall Slithermon from Safari
- Right-click the safari shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Safari” in the “Target” field and click “ok”.
- Click the Settings button in the upper right corner and select Reset Safari.
- Check all boxes and click OK.
What should I do to protect my PC from Slithermon?
Below you will see some tips which will help you prevent Slithermon installation and issues with browser. Feel free to send our suggestions with your nearest and dearest just because they will definitely allow you to keep the PC secured from Slithermon and any other malicious software:
- Do not install dubious software especially if you got them from the websites you don’t know. People often make the same mistake and just download the needed application. Unfortunately, eventually this downloaded program appears to be malicious.
- Don’t ignore your intuition! When a web page seems to be malicious – for instance, it functions slowly or there are too many colorful banners – we recommend you to leave it. And remember to check your computer after that!
- Stay attentive during the all installation. Get sure you haven’t missed a single line and a single checkbox. Untick all boxes that don’t seem relevant for you and you don’t want to install.
- Even in case if you do not recall having downloaded anything it would be reasonable to scan your system for viruses every week.
|Method to uninstall||Price|
|Computer repair shop||$95-$140|
|Probability of Data theft||59,8%|
|Self-active Launch in OS||84,6%|
|Manual removal effectiveness||63,1%|
|Free Antivirus removal||63,5%|
|Paid Antivirus removal||89,3%|
|Infection Risk (USA)||4,4%|
|Risk of infection (Europe)||6,1%|
100% Slithermon Removal
Spyhunter is the most powerful malware eliminator which easily and quickly deletes all types of malicious applications and even the programs that are invisible for your antivirus software. Spyhunter will be helpful if you did not manage to uninstall Slithermon manually. It will provide the best security to your system due to daily updating of the signature base.
About Author: Material provided by: Averina lab