How to remove Startimes.pw adware - tips from Averina.com
What Is Startimes.pw?
Startimes.pw is a malicious app often called adware applications. After installation process is over Startimes.pw changes your home page and brings popping up advertisement. Startimes.pw elements get to the registry so it is not an easy task to delete such an application. A typical situation for obtaining Startimes.pw to your PC is when you try to download a program or other kind of content from from a new source or any other resource with free content. Frankly speaking, it is a way to earn more money for some of owners of websites – they embed harmful apps into the build and thus promote it. We suggest that you not rely on file downloaders too much – keep in mind that these apps usually do a lot of unwanted things – for instance, from changing the home page in your browser to downloading to your PC viruses and malware. Not to exaggerate, Startimes.pw is a realy malicious application.
How to remove Startimes.pw Comfortably
There are a lot of methods to remove Startimes.pw from the PC. It is better to examine the page entirely and use the wanted method. Speaking about the facilest and the quickest way of removal, so I should notice the programs that will solve the problem. As many specialists say, the best way is to install and launch effective Startimes.pw Removal Tool. Removal software that was released especially for a single kind of malware is the most efficient. It is also possible to use any other antivirus program that has Startimes.pw in the base of viruses. The antimalware that I recommend you (Spyhunter 4) will detect and uninstall Startimes.pw completely, you are welcome to get it using this download button.
- It removes Startimes.pw right now. Forever.
- This anti-malware software will protect your computer against future infections.
- It provides professional real-time protection from malware, adware, spyware and other viruses.
- 24/7 professional support
Manual Startimes.pw removing
Step 1. Uninstall Startimes.pw from your computer. Manual for Windows 7, 8, 10 and XP
- Enter “Computer” on the desktop and choose “Uninstall or change a program”.
- In the program folder, look for all programs that contain Startimes.pw in their names. Remove them by clicking “uninstall’ and remove all suspicious programs that contain search, toolbar and others in their names.
Step 2. Clean the registry
- Download adwcleaner free utility app and run it. It searches and removes all files and registry keys that belong to the adware virus category.
- Click “Scan”.
- When scanning is finished, click “Clean” to remove all viruses.
- Click “Ok” to reboot the computer. After rebooting, check if the virus is still in the browser. Perhaps, it’s already removed and everything is fine. If it is not, take Step 3.
Step 3. Remove Startimes.pw from your browser
Remove Startimes.pw from Google Chrome
- Right-click on the Google Chrome shortcut and choose “properties”.
- In the “Target” field, remove everything going after “C:\Program Files\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe” and click “ok”.
- Choose “Settings” in the Chrome menu.
- In the “Extensions” tab, look for any extension that contains “Startimes.pw” in its name and remove it by clicking the Recycle Bin. Also remove all suspicious extensions that you didn’t install.
- In the “Settings” tab, find the “On startup” block, uncheck “Open a specific page or set of pages.”, click “Set pages”, enter google. Com in the new field, and click “ok”.
- In the “Search” tab, click “manage search engines” and remove everything except google.com.
- If it didn’t work – use Startimes.pw removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Google Chrome faster.
Remove Startimes.pw from Firefox
- Right-click the Firefox shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe” in the “target” field and click “ok”.
- Enter Firefox. Tools -> add-ons.
- Remove all suspicious extensions.
- Tools options -> general. Type google. Com in the “Home page” field (“Startup” block).
- Choose Google as your default search engine in the “Search” tab.
If it didn’t work – use Startimes.pw removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Firefox faster.
Uninstall Startimes.pw from Internet Explorer
- Right-click the Internet explorer shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe” in the “Target” field and click “ok”.
- Enter internet explorer -> tool -> manage Add-ons.
- Remove all extensions that you didn’t install. You can remove everything.
- Tools -> internet options, type google. Com in the upper field.
- Click “Settings” in the same window of the “Search” block and remove everything except Google. Com and Bing. Com from the list.
If it didn’t work – use Startimes.pw removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Internet Explorer faster.
Uninstall Startimes.pw from Safari
- Right-click the safari shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Safari” in the “Target” field and click “ok”.
- Click the Settings button in the upper right corner and select Reset Safari.
- Check all boxes and click OK.
What should I do to protect my PC from Startimes.pw?
Here you will see some useful recommendations that will help you avoid installation of Startimes.pw and browser infection. Feel free to send those suggestions with your friends and family members since they will definitely help you keep your PC safe and protected from Startimes.pw and other malware:
- Do not install dubious software especially if you found them on the web pages you don’t know. People quite often make the same mistake and get the program they were searching for. Unfortunately, eventually this downloaded program appears to be malicious.
- Listen to your intuition! When a website looks malicious – for example, it works too slowly or it is literally made of bright banners – we advise you to close it immediately. And remember to check your PC for viruses afterwards!
- Keep attention during the the whole process of installation. Get sure you haven’t missed a single window and a single radiobutton. Untick all boxes which are unneeded and you do not want to install them.
- Even if you don’t remember having downloaded any software it would make sense to inspect your system for adware and viruses once a week.
|Method to uninstall||Price|
|Computer repair shop||$95-$140|
|Probability of Data theft||98,6%|
|Self-active Launch in OS||88,2%|
|Manual removal effectiveness||86,1%|
|Free Antivirus removal||22,3%|
|Paid Antivirus removal||91,0%|
|Infection Risk (USA)||2,6%|
|Risk of infection (Europe)||9,1%|
Complete removal of Startimes.pw
Spyhunter is the most powerful malware uninstaller that quickly deletes all kinds of malicious applications including the programs remaining invisible for your antivirus software. Spyhunter will be helpful if you did not manage to remove Startimes.pw manually. It provides the best level protection to your PC thanks to daily updating of the signature base.
About Author: Material provided by: Averina lab