How to remove Lightening-z.pro effectively - tips from Averina.com
What Is Lightening-z.pro?
Lightening-z.pro is a malicious app belonging to advertising software. As you install Lightening-z.pro it will set a new home page of the browser and drive you mad with advertisement. Since this malicious app is kept in the registry of your system it is not that simple thing to get rid of Lightening-z.pro on your computer. A habitual situation for getting Lightening-z.pro to to the computer is when you try to download a movie or other kind of content from a torrents website or any other website offering free software. Website owners may attempt to do content monetization in such a way by embedding malware to the installation file of an app downloaded by visitors. It’s worth being careful with all those downloaders because they often do a lot of annoying things like downloading harmful programs, changing browser settings and so forth. By the way, Lightening-z.pro is true malware.
How to remove Lightening-z.pro Comfortably
There are several techniques to eliminate Lightening-z.pro from your PC. You can read the article till the end and use the wanted removal technique. If we speak about the easiest and the quickest technique of removal, so I should say about the software that will solve the problem. According to my experience, the best way is to find and run effective Lightening-z.pro Removal Tool. Removal program that was released for a individual type of malware is the most effective. You can also install any other antimalware that has Lightening-z.pro in the signature base. The antivirus software that I suggest you (Spyhunter 4) will find and uninstall Lightening-z.pro 100%, you can install it using this button.
- It removes Lightening-z.pro right now. Forever.
- This anti-malware software will protect your computer against future infections.
- It provides professional real-time protection from malware, adware, spyware and other viruses.
- 24/7 professional support
Manual Lightening-z.pro removing
Step 1. Uninstall Lightening-z.pro from your computer. Manual for Windows 7, 8, 10 and XP
- Enter “Computer” on the desktop and choose “Uninstall or change a program”.
- In the program folder, look for all programs that contain Lightening-z.pro in their names. Remove them by clicking “uninstall’ and remove all suspicious programs that contain search, toolbar and others in their names.
Step 2. Clean the registry
- Download adwcleaner free utility app and run it. It searches and removes all files and registry keys that belong to the adware virus category.
- Click “Scan”.
- When scanning is finished, click “Clean” to remove all viruses.
- Click “Ok” to reboot the computer. After rebooting, check if the virus is still in the browser. Perhaps, it’s already removed and everything is fine. If it is not, take Step 3.
Step 3. Remove Lightening-z.pro from your browser
Remove Lightening-z.pro from Google Chrome
- Right-click on the Google Chrome shortcut and choose “properties”.
- In the “Target” field, remove everything going after “C:\Program Files\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe” and click “ok”.
- Choose “Settings” in the Chrome menu.
- In the “Extensions” tab, look for any extension that contains “Lightening-z.pro” in its name and remove it by clicking the Recycle Bin. Also remove all suspicious extensions that you didn’t install.
- In the “Settings” tab, find the “On startup” block, uncheck “Open a specific page or set of pages.”, click “Set pages”, enter google. Com in the new field, and click “ok”.
- In the “Search” tab, click “manage search engines” and remove everything except google.com.
- If it didn’t work – use Lightening-z.pro removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Google Chrome faster.
Remove Lightening-z.pro from Firefox
- Right-click the Firefox shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe” in the “target” field and click “ok”.
- Enter Firefox. Tools -> add-ons.
- Remove all suspicious extensions.
- Tools options -> general. Type google. Com in the “Home page” field (“Startup” block).
- Choose Google as your default search engine in the “Search” tab.
If it didn’t work – use Lightening-z.pro removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Firefox faster.
Uninstall Lightening-z.pro from Internet Explorer
- Right-click the Internet explorer shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe” in the “Target” field and click “ok”.
- Enter internet explorer -> tool -> manage Add-ons.
- Remove all extensions that you didn’t install. You can remove everything.
- Tools -> internet options, type google. Com in the upper field.
- Click “Settings” in the same window of the “Search” block and remove everything except Google. Com and Bing. Com from the list.
If it didn’t work – use Lightening-z.pro removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Internet Explorer faster.
Uninstall Lightening-z.pro from Safari
- Right-click the safari shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Safari” in the “Target” field and click “ok”.
- Click the Settings button in the upper right corner and select Reset Safari.
- Check all boxes and click OK.
What should I do to protect my PC from Lightening-z.pro?
Below you will see the useful recommendations that will help you prevent Lightening-z.pro installation and browser infection. Don’t hesitate to share those tips with your friends and family members since they will definitely help you keep the computer protected from Lightening-z.pro and any other malicious software:
- Do not install software of dubious origins especially if you found them from the web pages you don’t know. People quite often make the common mistake and download the program they were searching for. Unfortunately, later this downloaded program appears to be dangerous.
- Listen to your intuition! When a website seems to be malicious – for instance, it functions too slowly or it is literally made of bright banners – we advise you to leave it immediately. And don’t forget to scan your PC for viruses afterwards!
- Be attentive during the all installation. Try not to miss a single window and a single checkbox. Uncheck all checkboxes that are not relevant and you do not want to install them.
- And even in case if you do not recall having downloaded any applications it would make sense to scan your system for adware and viruses every week.
|Method to uninstall||Price|
|Computer repair shop||$95-$140|
|Probability of Data theft||71,5%|
|Self-active Launch in OS||87%|
|Manual removal effectiveness||52,3%|
|Free Antivirus removal||63,5%|
|Paid Antivirus removal||98,3%|
|Infection Risk (USA)||7,0%|
|Risk of infection (Europe)||9,1%|
Complete removal of Lightening-z.pro
Spyhunter is probably the most effective eliminator of malware that easily and quickly deletes all types of malicious applications including those that are invisible for your antivirus. Spyhunter will be helpful if you did not manage to delete Lightening-z.pro yourself. It will provide the best security to your computer due to regular updating of the base of signatures.
About Author: Material provided by: Averina lab