How to remove MaskSearch.com ads - tips from Averina.com
What Is MaskSearch.com?
MaskSearch.com is malicious adware which can be dangerous to your computer. As you agree to install MaskSearch.com it will set a new home page of your browser and annoy you with advertisement. It could be a great challenge to completely delete MaskSearch.com because its components are stored in the system registry. A usual example of downloading MaskSearch.com to your PC is when you try to download a song or other kind of content from from a new source or any other website with free content. Website owners may try to earn in such a way and embed malware into the archive with an application downloaded by users. A file downloader is a program that provides you with the needed file, but it also installs various offers which are well-known to all users: bad software with annoying pop-up ads in the browser, links with bad redirections, programs setting a new browser homepage etc. By the way, MaskSearch.com is true malware.
How to remove MaskSearch.com Comfortably
There are numerous ways to remove MaskSearch.com from your computer. It is better to examine the page entirely and perform the needed way of removal. If we speak about the most effective and the promptest technique of removal, so I should mention the programs that will uninstall the undesired software. According to my experience, the best way is to install and launch special MaskSearch.com Removal Tool. Removal application that was created for a single type of malware is the most active. You can also run any other antivirus tool that has MaskSearch.com in the signature base. The antivirus software that I advise you (Spyhunter 4) will detect and get rid of MaskSearch.com absolutely, you are welcome to download it using this download button.
- It removes MaskSearch.com right now. Forever.
- This anti-malware software will protect your computer against future infections.
- It provides professional real-time protection from malware, adware, spyware and other viruses.
- 24/7 professional support
Manual MaskSearch.com removing
Step 1. Uninstall MaskSearch.com from your computer. Manual for Windows 7, 8, 10 and XP
- Enter “Computer” on the desktop and choose “Uninstall or change a program”.
- In the program folder, look for all programs that contain MaskSearch.com in their names. Remove them by clicking “uninstall’ and remove all suspicious programs that contain search, toolbar and others in their names.
Step 2. Clean the registry
- Download adwcleaner free utility app and run it. It searches and removes all files and registry keys that belong to the adware virus category.
- Click “Scan”.
- When scanning is finished, click “Clean” to remove all viruses.
- Click “Ok” to reboot the computer. After rebooting, check if the virus is still in the browser. Perhaps, it’s already removed and everything is fine. If it is not, take Step 3.
Step 3. Remove MaskSearch.com from your browser
Remove MaskSearch.com from Google Chrome
- Right-click on the Google Chrome shortcut and choose “properties”.
- In the “Target” field, remove everything going after “C:\Program Files\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe” and click “ok”.
- Choose “Settings” in the Chrome menu.
- In the “Extensions” tab, look for any extension that contains “MaskSearch.com” in its name and remove it by clicking the Recycle Bin. Also remove all suspicious extensions that you didn’t install.
- In the “Settings” tab, find the “On startup” block, uncheck “Open a specific page or set of pages.”, click “Set pages”, enter google. Com in the new field, and click “ok”.
- In the “Search” tab, click “manage search engines” and remove everything except google.com.
- If it didn’t work – use MaskSearch.com removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Google Chrome faster.
Remove MaskSearch.com from Firefox
- Right-click the Firefox shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe” in the “target” field and click “ok”.
- Enter Firefox. Tools -> add-ons.
- Remove all suspicious extensions.
- Tools options -> general. Type google. Com in the “Home page” field (“Startup” block).
- Choose Google as your default search engine in the “Search” tab.
If it didn’t work – use MaskSearch.com removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Firefox faster.
Uninstall MaskSearch.com from Internet Explorer
- Right-click the Internet explorer shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe” in the “Target” field and click “ok”.
- Enter internet explorer -> tool -> manage Add-ons.
- Remove all extensions that you didn’t install. You can remove everything.
- Tools -> internet options, type google. Com in the upper field.
- Click “Settings” in the same window of the “Search” block and remove everything except Google. Com and Bing. Com from the list.
If it didn’t work – use MaskSearch.com removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Internet Explorer faster.
Uninstall MaskSearch.com from Safari
- Right-click the safari shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Safari” in the “Target” field and click “ok”.
- Click the Settings button in the upper right corner and select Reset Safari.
- Check all boxes and click OK.
What should I do to protect my PC from MaskSearch.com?
Here you will see the recommendations that will help you prevent MaskSearch.com installation and browser infection. Feel free to send those tips with your family and friends as they will definitely allow you to keep the PC protected from MaskSearch.com and other malicious software:
- Don’t install software of dubious origins especially if you got them on the web pages you do not know well. People often commit the common mistake and just download the needed application. However, later this downloaded program turns out to be dangerous.
- Don’t ignore your intuition! When a website seems to be malicious – for instance, it works too slowly or it is full of bright banners – it is better for you to close it. And remember to scan your computer for viruses afterwards!
- Be attentive during the the whole process of software installation. Try not to miss a single window and a single checkbox. Uncheck all boxes which are unneeded for you and you do not want to install.
- Even if you do not remember having downloaded anything it would be smart to inspect your computer for adware and viruses once a week.
|Method to uninstall||Price|
|Computer repair shop||$95-$140|
|Probability of Data theft||71,5%|
|Self-active Launch in OS||39,5%|
|Manual removal effectiveness||52,3%|
|Free Antivirus removal||45,6%|
|Paid Antivirus removal||99,2%|
|Infection Risk (USA)||6,4%|
|Risk of infection (Europe)||6,6%|
How to fully remove MaskSearch.com
Spyhunter is the most effective eliminator of malware that permanently deletes all types of malware and even the apps remaining invisible for your antivirus. Spyhunter will help if you failed to remove MaskSearch.com yourself. It provides the best security to your system because it gets daily updating of the base of viruses.
About Author: Material provided by: Averina lab