Ways to remove RunBooster (removal guide)
What Is RunBooster?
RunBooster is malware that belongs to adware applications. As you install RunBooster it will change the home page of the browser and drive you mad with ads. Since this malicious app is kept in the registry of your system it could be not that simple thing to get rid of RunBooster on your computer. Users usually get this harmful app in the package with free applications or with torrent files from sites they are not sure about. Frankly speaking, it is another way to earn more money for some of website owners – they add malware into the build and thus promote it. It makes sense to be attentive with various file downloaders because they often do a lot of bad things like downloading malware, changing settings of your browser and many other things. By the way, RunBooster is true malware.
How to remove RunBooster Simply
There are a lot of ways to eliminate RunBooster from the system. You are welcome to examine the article entirely and use the wanted method. If we speak about the most effective and the quickest technique of removal, so I should notice the programs that will solve the problem. According to my experience, the best way is to install and launch efficient RunBooster Removal Tool. Removal software that was released especially for a individual class of computer infections is the most effective. It is also possible to download any other antimalware that has RunBooster in the base of viruses. The antimalware that I advise you (Spyhunter 4) will detect and remove RunBooster 100%, you can install it clicking this download button.
- It removes RunBooster right now. Forever.
- This anti-malware software will protect your computer against future infections.
- It provides professional real-time protection from malware, adware, spyware and other viruses.
- 24/7 professional support
[Not a valid template]
Manual RunBooster removing
Step 1. Uninstall RunBooster from your computer. Manual for Windows 7, 8, 10 and XP
- Enter “Computer” on the desktop and choose “Uninstall or change a program”.
- In the program folder, look for all programs that contain RunBooster in their names. Remove them by clicking “uninstall’ and remove all suspicious programs that contain search, toolbar and others in their names.
Step 2. Clean the registry
- Download adwcleaner free utility app and run it. It searches and removes all files and registry keys that belong to the adware virus category.
- Click “Scan”.
- When scanning is finished, click “Clean” to remove all viruses.
- Click “Ok” to reboot the computer. After rebooting, check if the virus is still in the browser. Perhaps, it’s already removed and everything is fine. If it is not, take Step 3.
Step 3. Remove RunBooster from your browser
Remove RunBooster from Google Chrome
- Right-click on the Google Chrome shortcut and choose “properties”.
- In the “Target” field, remove everything going after “C:\Program Files\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe” and click “ok”.
- Choose “Settings” in the Chrome menu.
- In the “Extensions” tab, look for any extension that contains “RunBooster” in its name and remove it by clicking the Recycle Bin. Also remove all suspicious extensions that you didn’t install.
- In the “Settings” tab, find the “On startup” block, uncheck “Open a specific page or set of pages.”, click “Set pages”, enter google. Com in the new field, and click “ok”.
- In the “Search” tab, click “manage search engines” and remove everything except google.com.
- If it didn’t work – use RunBooster removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Google Chrome faster.
Remove RunBooster from Firefox
- Right-click the Firefox shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe” in the “target” field and click “ok”.
- Enter Firefox. Tools -> add-ons.
- Remove all suspicious extensions.
- Tools options -> general. Type google. Com in the “Home page” field (“Startup” block).
- Choose Google as your default search engine in the “Search” tab.
If it didn’t work – use RunBooster removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Firefox faster.
Uninstall RunBooster from Internet Explorer
- Right-click the Internet explorer shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe” in the “Target” field and click “ok”.
- Enter internet explorer -> tool -> manage Add-ons.
- Remove all extensions that you didn’t install. You can remove everything.
- Tools -> internet options, type google. Com in the upper field.
- Click “Settings” in the same window of the “Search” block and remove everything except Google. Com and Bing. Com from the list.
If it didn’t work – use RunBooster removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Internet Explorer faster.
Uninstall RunBooster from Safari
- Right-click the safari shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Safari” in the “Target” field and click “ok”.
- Click the Settings button in the upper right corner and select Reset Safari.
- Check all boxes and click OK.
What should I do to protect my PC from RunBooster?
Below you can find some tips that will help you avoid RunBooster installation and issues with browser. Don’t hesitate to send our tips with your nearest and dearest since they will certainly help you keep the PC protected from RunBooster and any other malware:
- Don’t install software of dubious origins especially if you found them from the websites you don’t know. People quite often commit the same mistake and get the program they were looking for. Unfortunately, eventually this downloaded program appears to be malicious.
- Don’t ignore your intuition! When a website seems to be malicious – for example, it works too slowly or it is literally made of colorful banners – it is better for you to leave it immediately. And don’t forget to scan your PC for viruses afterwards!
- Keep attention during the the whole process of software installation. Try not to miss a single window and a single checkbox. Untick all things which are unneeded for you and you do not want to install them.
- Even in case if you do not remember having downloaded any applications it would be reasonable to inspect your system for viruses every week.
|Method to uninstall||Price|
|Computer repair shop||$95-$140|
|Probability of Data theft||76,5%|
|Self-active Launch in OS||84,6%|
|Manual removal effectiveness||13,8%|
|Free Antivirus removal||42,8%|
|Paid Antivirus removal||99,1%|
|Infection Risk (USA)||6,2%|
|Risk of infection (Europe)||6,6%|
Complete removal of RunBooster
Spyhunter is the most powerful malware eliminator which permanently removes all kinds of adware and malware and even those remaining invisible for your antivirus software. Spyhunter will be helpful if you do not how to delete RunBooster manually. It will provide the best protection to your system because it downloads regular updating of the base of signatures.
About Author: Material provided by: Averina lab