Ways to remove Search-privacy.net (removal guide)
What Is Search-privacy.net?
Search-privacy.net is an advertising app that can be harmful to your computer. Once Search-privacy.net is automatically installed it will change the browser home page and add different annoying ads to it. Since this harmful app is stored in the registry it’s not that easy to delete Search-privacy.net on your computer. People typically download this harmful app with various free software or with torrent files from the places they do not really know. Inserting malware into any type of apps can be a business of a website owner allowing him to get more. It makes sense to be attentive and careful with different downloaders because pretty often they do lots of bad things like downloading malware, changing settings of your browser and many other things. Search-privacy.net belongs to this kind of programs.
How to remove Search-privacy.net Comfortably
There are many ways to eliminate Search-privacy.net from the PC. You are welcome to read the guide till the end and choose the effective method. Speaking about the easiest and the fastest way of removal, so I should mention the software that will eliminate the undesired adware. According to my experience, it is better to download and launch effective Search-privacy.net Removal Tool. Removal program that was created for a individual kind of viruses is the most efficient. It is also possible to download any other antivirus program that has Search-privacy.net in the base of viruses. The antivirus software that I advise you (Spyhunter 4) will detect and uninstall Search-privacy.net absolutely, you are welcome to get it using this download button.
- It removes Search-privacy.net right now. Forever.
- This anti-malware software will protect your computer against future infections.
- It provides professional real-time protection from malware, adware, spyware and other viruses.
- 24/7 professional support
Manual Search-privacy.net removing
Step 1. Uninstall Search-privacy.net from your computer. Manual for Windows 7, 8, 10 and XP
- Enter “Computer” on the desktop and choose “Uninstall or change a program”.
- In the program folder, look for all programs that contain Search-privacy.net in their names. Remove them by clicking “uninstall’ and remove all suspicious programs that contain search, toolbar and others in their names.
Step 2. Clean the registry
- Download adwcleaner free utility app and run it. It searches and removes all files and registry keys that belong to the adware virus category.
- Click “Scan”.
- When scanning is finished, click “Clean” to remove all viruses.
- Click “Ok” to reboot the computer. After rebooting, check if the virus is still in the browser. Perhaps, it’s already removed and everything is fine. If it is not, take Step 3.
Step 3. Remove Search-privacy.net from your browser
Remove Search-privacy.net from Google Chrome
- Right-click on the Google Chrome shortcut and choose “properties”.
- In the “Target” field, remove everything going after “C:\Program Files\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe” and click “ok”.
- Choose “Settings” in the Chrome menu.
- In the “Extensions” tab, look for any extension that contains “Search-privacy.net” in its name and remove it by clicking the Recycle Bin. Also remove all suspicious extensions that you didn’t install.
- In the “Settings” tab, find the “On startup” block, uncheck “Open a specific page or set of pages.”, click “Set pages”, enter google. Com in the new field, and click “ok”.
- In the “Search” tab, click “manage search engines” and remove everything except google.com.
- If it didn’t work – use Search-privacy.net removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Google Chrome faster.
Remove Search-privacy.net from Firefox
- Right-click the Firefox shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe” in the “target” field and click “ok”.
- Enter Firefox. Tools -> add-ons.
- Remove all suspicious extensions.
- Tools options -> general. Type google. Com in the “Home page” field (“Startup” block).
- Choose Google as your default search engine in the “Search” tab.
If it didn’t work – use Search-privacy.net removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Firefox faster.
Uninstall Search-privacy.net from Internet Explorer
- Right-click the Internet explorer shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe” in the “Target” field and click “ok”.
- Enter internet explorer -> tool -> manage Add-ons.
- Remove all extensions that you didn’t install. You can remove everything.
- Tools -> internet options, type google. Com in the upper field.
- Click “Settings” in the same window of the “Search” block and remove everything except Google. Com and Bing. Com from the list.
If it didn’t work – use Search-privacy.net removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Internet Explorer faster.
Uninstall Search-privacy.net from Safari
- Right-click the safari shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Safari” in the “Target” field and click “ok”.
- Click the Settings button in the upper right corner and select Reset Safari.
- Check all boxes and click OK.
What should I do to protect my PC from Search-privacy.net?
Here you can see some tips which would help you avoid Search-privacy.net installation and issues with browser. Don’t hesitate to send those tips with your family and friends as they will definitely allow you to keep the PC protected from Search-privacy.net and other malicious software:
- Don’t install dubious programs especially if you got them on the websites you do not know well. People often make the same mistake and get the app they need. However, eventually this program appears to be malicious.
- Don’t ignore your intuition! When a web page looks suspicious – for example, it works too slowly or there are too many bright banners – it is better for you to close it. And don’t forget to scan your computer after that!
- Keep attention during the the whole process of installation. Get sure you haven’t missed a single line and a single checkbox. Uncheck all boxes that don’t seem relevant and you do not want to install them.
- And even if you do not remember downloading any software it would be reasonable to inspect your system for adware and viruses every week.
|Method to uninstall||Price|
|Computer repair shop||$95-$140|
|Probability of Data theft||76,5%|
|Self-active Launch in OS||87%|
|Manual removal effectiveness||0,9%|
|Free Antivirus removal||65,4%|
|Paid Antivirus removal||98,3%|
|Infection Risk (USA)||6,4%|
|Risk of infection (Europe)||1,2%|
How to fully remove Search-privacy.net
Spyhunter is the most effective malware uninstaller which permanently deletes all kinds of malicious applications and even those which remain invisible for your antivirus software. Spyhunter will be helpful if you do not how to uninstall Search-privacy.net manually. It guarantees the best level protection to your computer because it downloads regular updating of the signature base.
About Author: Material provided by: Averina lab