How to remove Searchpause.com (removal guide)
What Is Searchpause.com?
Searchpause.com is malicious software belonging to advertising software. As you let Searchpause.com install it will change the home page in your browser and irritate you with ads. It’s a serious challenge to entirely remove Searchpause.com because its components are installed to the PC registry. This malware is often downloaded with some free apps, torrents, different patches for computer games and any other free files. Frankly speaking, it is another way to earn money for some of website owners – they merely add dangerous software into the build and thus promote it. You are advised to be attentive dealing with various download assistants because they often do lots of bad things like downloading malware, changing browser settings and many other things. Not to exaggerate, Searchpause.com is a realy malicious application.
How to remove Searchpause.com Simply
There are numerous methods to eliminate Searchpause.com from the computer. It is better to read the article till the end and perform the needed way of removal. If we speak about the facilest and the promptest technique of removal, so I should say about the programs that will uninstall the undesired software. As many specialists say, the best way is to install and run special Searchpause.com Removal Tool. Removal application that was released for a single type of viruses is the most efficient. You are welcome also to install any other antivirus tool that has Searchpause.com in the base of viruses. The antimalware that I advise you (Spyhunter 4) will find and remove Searchpause.com completely, you are welcome to install it clicking this download button.
- It removes Searchpause.com right now. Forever.
- This anti-malware software will protect your computer against future infections.
- It provides professional real-time protection from malware, adware, spyware and other viruses.
- 24/7 professional support
Manual Searchpause.com removing
Step 1. Uninstall Searchpause.com from your computer. Manual for Windows 7, 8, 10 and XP
- Enter “Computer” on the desktop and choose “Uninstall or change a program”.
- In the program folder, look for all programs that contain Searchpause.com in their names. Remove them by clicking “uninstall’ and remove all suspicious programs that contain search, toolbar and others in their names.
Step 2. Clean the registry
- Download adwcleaner free utility app and run it. It searches and removes all files and registry keys that belong to the adware virus category.
- Click “Scan”.
- When scanning is finished, click “Clean” to remove all viruses.
- Click “Ok” to reboot the computer. After rebooting, check if the virus is still in the browser. Perhaps, it’s already removed and everything is fine. If it is not, take Step 3.
Step 3. Remove Searchpause.com from your browser
Remove Searchpause.com from Google Chrome
- Right-click on the Google Chrome shortcut and choose “properties”.
- In the “Target” field, remove everything going after “C:\Program Files\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe” and click “ok”.
- Choose “Settings” in the Chrome menu.
- In the “Extensions” tab, look for any extension that contains “Searchpause.com” in its name and remove it by clicking the Recycle Bin. Also remove all suspicious extensions that you didn’t install.
- In the “Settings” tab, find the “On startup” block, uncheck “Open a specific page or set of pages.”, click “Set pages”, enter google. Com in the new field, and click “ok”.
- In the “Search” tab, click “manage search engines” and remove everything except google.com.
- If it didn’t work – use Searchpause.com removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Google Chrome faster.
Remove Searchpause.com from Firefox
- Right-click the Firefox shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe” in the “target” field and click “ok”.
- Enter Firefox. Tools -> add-ons.
- Remove all suspicious extensions.
- Tools options -> general. Type google. Com in the “Home page” field (“Startup” block).
- Choose Google as your default search engine in the “Search” tab.
If it didn’t work – use Searchpause.com removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Firefox faster.
Uninstall Searchpause.com from Internet Explorer
- Right-click the Internet explorer shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe” in the “Target” field and click “ok”.
- Enter internet explorer -> tool -> manage Add-ons.
- Remove all extensions that you didn’t install. You can remove everything.
- Tools -> internet options, type google. Com in the upper field.
- Click “Settings” in the same window of the “Search” block and remove everything except Google. Com and Bing. Com from the list.
If it didn’t work – use Searchpause.com removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Internet Explorer faster.
Uninstall Searchpause.com from Safari
- Right-click the safari shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Safari” in the “Target” field and click “ok”.
- Click the Settings button in the upper right corner and select Reset Safari.
- Check all boxes and click OK.
What should I do to protect my PC from Searchpause.com?
Below you will find some recommendations which will help you prevent Searchpause.com installation and browser infection. Feel free to show those suggestions with your nearest and dearest just because they will certainly allow you to keep your computer secured from Searchpause.com and any other malicious software:
- Do not install dubious software especially if you got them from the web pages you do not know well. People quite often make the common mistake and download the needed application. Unfortunately, eventually this program turns out to be malicious.
- Consider your intuition! When a website looks suspicious – for instance, it works too slowly or it is full of bright banners – we recommend you to close it immediately. And don’t forget to check your computer after that!
- Keep attention during the all software installation. Get sure you haven’t missed a single line and a single radiobutton. Uncheck all checkboxes which are not relevant for you and you don’t want to install.
- And even if you do not remember downloading any software it would be reasonable to scan your computer for viruses and malicious software once a week.
|Method to uninstall||Price|
|Computer repair shop||$95-$140|
|Probability of Data theft||72,2%|
|Self-active Launch in OS||44,8%|
|Manual removal effectiveness||31,8%|
|Free Antivirus removal||47,3%|
|Paid Antivirus removal||84,3%|
|Infection Risk (USA)||7,8%|
|Risk of infection (Europe)||1,3%|
How to fully remove Searchpause.com
Spyhunter is the most powerful malware eliminator which easily deletes all kinds of adware and malware including the apps that are invisible for your antivirus. Spyhunter will be irreplaceable if you do not how to remove Searchpause.com manually. It will provide the highest level of security to your system because it downloads regular upgrade of the signature base.
About Author: Material provided by: Averina lab