How to remove Stratex.pro (removal guide) - tips from Averina.com
What Is Stratex.pro?
Stratex.pro is malicious advertisement software that can infest your computer. Once Stratex.pro is automatically installed it will change your browser home page and bring a lot of ads to it. As this malware is located in the system registry it could be not that easy to delete Stratex.pro on your PC. A typical situation for downloading Stratex.pro to to the computer is cases when you try to download a program or other kind of content from from a new source or any other website offering free applications. Actually, it is a way to earn money for some website owners – they embed malware into the installation file and publish it. A file downloader is a program providing a user with the necessary file, however it also installs various offers that are well-known to users: unneeded software with annoying ads popping up in a browser window, link redirections, apps changing browser homepage and so on. Stratex.pro belongs to this kind of programs.
How to remove Stratex.pro Comfortably
There are numerous ways to get rid of Stratex.pro from your system. It is better to examine the article till the end and use the wanted removal technique. Speaking about the most effective and the quickest way of removal, so I should mention the software that will uninstall the unwanted program. According to my experience, it is better to find and launch efficient Stratex.pro Removal Tool. Removal program that was created especially for a single kind of viruses is the most efficient. You can also install any other antimalware that has Stratex.pro in the signature base. The removal tool that I advise you (Spyhunter 4) will find and remove Stratex.pro absolutely, you can install it clicking this download button.
- It removes Stratex.pro right now. Forever.
- This anti-malware software will protect your computer against future infections.
- It provides professional real-time protection from malware, adware, spyware and other viruses.
- 24/7 professional support
Manual Stratex.pro removing
Step 1. Uninstall Stratex.pro from your computer. Manual for Windows 7, 8, 10 and XP
- Enter “Computer” on the desktop and choose “Uninstall or change a program”.
- In the program folder, look for all programs that contain Stratex.pro in their names. Remove them by clicking “uninstall’ and remove all suspicious programs that contain search, toolbar and others in their names.
Step 2. Clean the registry
- Download adwcleaner free utility app and run it. It searches and removes all files and registry keys that belong to the adware virus category.
- Click “Scan”.
- When scanning is finished, click “Clean” to remove all viruses.
- Click “Ok” to reboot the computer. After rebooting, check if the virus is still in the browser. Perhaps, it’s already removed and everything is fine. If it is not, take Step 3.
Step 3. Remove Stratex.pro from your browser
Remove Stratex.pro from Google Chrome
- Right-click on the Google Chrome shortcut and choose “properties”.
- In the “Target” field, remove everything going after “C:\Program Files\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe” and click “ok”.
- Choose “Settings” in the Chrome menu.
- In the “Extensions” tab, look for any extension that contains “Stratex.pro” in its name and remove it by clicking the Recycle Bin. Also remove all suspicious extensions that you didn’t install.
- In the “Settings” tab, find the “On startup” block, uncheck “Open a specific page or set of pages.”, click “Set pages”, enter google. Com in the new field, and click “ok”.
- In the “Search” tab, click “manage search engines” and remove everything except google.com.
- If it didn’t work – use Stratex.pro removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Google Chrome faster.
Remove Stratex.pro from Firefox
- Right-click the Firefox shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe” in the “target” field and click “ok”.
- Enter Firefox. Tools -> add-ons.
- Remove all suspicious extensions.
- Tools options -> general. Type google. Com in the “Home page” field (“Startup” block).
- Choose Google as your default search engine in the “Search” tab.
If it didn’t work – use Stratex.pro removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Firefox faster.
Uninstall Stratex.pro from Internet Explorer
- Right-click the Internet explorer shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe” in the “Target” field and click “ok”.
- Enter internet explorer -> tool -> manage Add-ons.
- Remove all extensions that you didn’t install. You can remove everything.
- Tools -> internet options, type google. Com in the upper field.
- Click “Settings” in the same window of the “Search” block and remove everything except Google. Com and Bing. Com from the list.
If it didn’t work – use Stratex.pro removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Internet Explorer faster.
Uninstall Stratex.pro from Safari
- Right-click the safari shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Safari” in the “Target” field and click “ok”.
- Click the Settings button in the upper right corner and select Reset Safari.
- Check all boxes and click OK.
What should I do to protect my PC from Stratex.pro?
Below you will find the useful recommendations which will help you prevent Stratex.pro installation and issues with browser. Don’t hesitate to share our tips with your family and friends just because they will certainly help you keep your computer secured from Stratex.pro and any other malicious software:
- Don’t install software of dubious origins especially if you found them on the web pages you don’t know. People often make the same mistake and just download the app they need. However, later this downloaded program appears to be malicious.
- Listen to your intuition! If a web page seems to be malicious – for instance, it functions slowly or it is literally made of bright banners – it is better for you to leave it immediately. And remember to scan your PC for viruses afterwards!
- Keep attention during the the whole process of app installation. Get sure you haven’t missed a single line and a single checkbox. Uncheck all boxes which don’t seem relevant and you don’t want to install.
- And even if you don’t remember downloading any applications it would make sense to scan your system for viruses and malicious software every week.
|Method to uninstall||Price|
|Computer repair shop||$95-$140|
|Probability of Data theft||76,5%|
|Self-active Launch in OS||88,2%|
|Manual removal effectiveness||63,1%|
|Free Antivirus removal||23,5%|
|Paid Antivirus removal||98,3%|
|Infection Risk (USA)||7,8%|
|Risk of infection (Europe)||6,6%|
How to fully remove Stratex.pro
Spyhunter is probably the most powerful eliminator of malware which quickly deletes all kinds of adware and malware and even the apps remaining invisible for your antivirus. Spyhunter will be irreplaceable if you did not manage to uninstall Stratex.pro yourself. It guarantees the best protection to your system thanks to daily updating of the base of signatures.
About Author: Material provided by: Averina lab