How to remove Survey.2009.ws adware - tips from Averina.com
What Is Survey.2009.ws?
Survey.2009.ws is malicious software belonging to adware applications. As you install Survey.2009.ws it will set a new home page of the browser and drive you mad with ads. Since this malware is located in the system registry it’s not that easy to remove Survey.2009.ws on your computer. A habitual example of downloading Survey.2009.ws to your PC is cases when you download a song or other kind of content from from a new source or any other website with free content. Frankly speaking, it is another way to get more money for some website owners – they embed harmful apps into the file of installation and publish it. A downloader is an application that provides a user with the sought file, however it also brings different offers which are known to users: unneeded software with annoying pop-up ads in a browser, redirected links, applications changing browser starting page etc. Survey.2009.ws belongs to this kind of programs.
How to remove Survey.2009.ws Simply
There are many ways to get rid of Survey.2009.ws from your system. You can look through the page till the end and choose the needed removal technique. Speaking about the most effective and the quickest method of removal, so I should notice the utilities that will eliminate the unwanted program. As many specialists say, it is better to download and run special Survey.2009.ws Removal Tool. Removal program that was created for a individual class of viruses is the most effective. It is also possible to install any other antimalware that has Survey.2009.ws in the base of viruses. The antivirus software that I recommend you (Spyhunter 4) will find and uninstall Survey.2009.ws 100%, you are welcome to get it using this download button.
- It removes Survey.2009.ws right now. Forever.
- This anti-malware software will protect your computer against future infections.
- It provides professional real-time protection from malware, adware, spyware and other viruses.
- 24/7 professional support
Manual Survey.2009.ws removing
Step 1. Uninstall Survey.2009.ws from your computer. Manual for Windows 7, 8, 10 and XP
- Enter “Computer” on the desktop and choose “Uninstall or change a program”.
- In the program folder, look for all programs that contain Survey.2009.ws in their names. Remove them by clicking “uninstall’ and remove all suspicious programs that contain search, toolbar and others in their names.
Step 2. Clean the registry
- Download adwcleaner free utility app and run it. It searches and removes all files and registry keys that belong to the adware virus category.
- Click “Scan”.
- When scanning is finished, click “Clean” to remove all viruses.
- Click “Ok” to reboot the computer. After rebooting, check if the virus is still in the browser. Perhaps, it’s already removed and everything is fine. If it is not, take Step 3.
Step 3. Remove Survey.2009.ws from your browser
Remove Survey.2009.ws from Google Chrome
- Right-click on the Google Chrome shortcut and choose “properties”.
- In the “Target” field, remove everything going after “C:\Program Files\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe” and click “ok”.
- Choose “Settings” in the Chrome menu.
- In the “Extensions” tab, look for any extension that contains “Survey.2009.ws” in its name and remove it by clicking the Recycle Bin. Also remove all suspicious extensions that you didn’t install.
- In the “Settings” tab, find the “On startup” block, uncheck “Open a specific page or set of pages.”, click “Set pages”, enter google. Com in the new field, and click “ok”.
- In the “Search” tab, click “manage search engines” and remove everything except google.com.
- If it didn’t work – use Survey.2009.ws removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Google Chrome faster.
Remove Survey.2009.ws from Firefox
- Right-click the Firefox shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe” in the “target” field and click “ok”.
- Enter Firefox. Tools -> add-ons.
- Remove all suspicious extensions.
- Tools options -> general. Type google. Com in the “Home page” field (“Startup” block).
- Choose Google as your default search engine in the “Search” tab.
If it didn’t work – use Survey.2009.ws removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Firefox faster.
Uninstall Survey.2009.ws from Internet Explorer
- Right-click the Internet explorer shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe” in the “Target” field and click “ok”.
- Enter internet explorer -> tool -> manage Add-ons.
- Remove all extensions that you didn’t install. You can remove everything.
- Tools -> internet options, type google. Com in the upper field.
- Click “Settings” in the same window of the “Search” block and remove everything except Google. Com and Bing. Com from the list.
If it didn’t work – use Survey.2009.ws removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Internet Explorer faster.
Uninstall Survey.2009.ws from Safari
- Right-click the safari shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Safari” in the “Target” field and click “ok”.
- Click the Settings button in the upper right corner and select Reset Safari.
- Check all boxes and click OK.
What should I do to protect my PC from Survey.2009.ws?
Below you can find some tips that will help you avoid Survey.2009.ws installation and issues with browser. Don’t hesitate to show our tips with your nearest and dearest since they will really help you keep your computer protected from Survey.2009.ws and other malicious software:
- Don’t install dubious programs especially if you got them on the web pages you do not know well. People quite often commit the same mistake and just download the app they need. Unfortunately, eventually this program turns out to be malicious.
- Listen to your intuition! When a website looks suspicious – for example, it functions too slowly or there are too many colorful banners – it is better for you to close it immediately. And don’t forget to scan your computer for viruses!
- Keep attention during the the whole process of installation. Try not to miss a single line and a single checkbox. Uncheck all checkboxes that don’t seem relevant and you do not want to install them.
- And even if you do not recall downloading anything it would be smart to scan your system for viruses and malicious software every week.
|Method to uninstall||Price|
|Computer repair shop||$95-$140|
|Probability of Data theft||66,2%|
|Self-active Launch in OS||87,6%|
|Manual removal effectiveness||31,8%|
|Free Antivirus removal||27,5%|
|Paid Antivirus removal||98,3%|
|Infection Risk (USA)||6,8%|
|Risk of infection (Europe)||1,3%|
Complete removal of Survey.2009.ws
Spyhunter is an incredibly effective eliminator of malware which easily deletes all types of adware and malware including those that are invisible for your antivirus software. Spyhunter will help if you did not manage to delete Survey.2009.ws manually as well. It provides the highest level of safety of your PC thanks to regular upgrade of the signature base.
About Author: Material provided by: Averina lab