How to remove DragonBoost adware - tips from Averina.com
What Is DragonBoost?
DragonBoost is malware that belongs to adware. After installation process is over DragonBoost changes the browser home page and generates popping up advertisement. Since this malware is kept in the registry it could be not that easy to remove DragonBoost on your computer. This malicious app is typically downloaded with some free programs, torrents, various patches for computer games and other free apps and files. Embedding malware into different builds could be a business the website owner runs letting him earn more money. A file downloader is an app providing you with the sought file, but it also installs different ad offers that are known to users: unneeded software with irritating advertisement popping up in a browser window, link redirections, programs changing browser homepage and so forth. DragonBoost belongs to this kind of programs.
How to remove DragonBoost Simply
There are several techniques to uninstall DragonBoost from your PC. You can examine the page till the end and perform the needed way of removal. If we speak about the easiest and the fastest method of removal, so I should notice the utilities that will eliminate the undesired software. As many specialists say, the best way is to download and use special DragonBoost Removal Tool. Removal application that was released for a separate kind of viruses is the most efficient. You can also run any other antivirus tool that has DragonBoost in the base of its signatures. The removal tool that I suggest you (Spyhunter 4) will detect and get rid of DragonBoost 100%, you can download it using this download button.
- It removes DragonBoost right now. Forever.
- This anti-malware software will protect your computer against future infections.
- It provides professional real-time protection from malware, adware, spyware and other viruses.
- 24/7 professional support
[Not a valid template]
Manual DragonBoost removing
Step 1. Uninstall DragonBoost from your computer. Manual for Windows 7, 8, 10 and XP
- Enter “Computer” on the desktop and choose “Uninstall or change a program”.
- In the program folder, look for all programs that contain DragonBoost in their names. Remove them by clicking “uninstall’ and remove all suspicious programs that contain search, toolbar and others in their names.
Step 2. Clean the registry
- Download adwcleaner free utility app and run it. It searches and removes all files and registry keys that belong to the adware virus category.
- Click “Scan”.
- When scanning is finished, click “Clean” to remove all viruses.
- Click “Ok” to reboot the computer. After rebooting, check if the virus is still in the browser. Perhaps, it’s already removed and everything is fine. If it is not, take Step 3.
Step 3. Remove DragonBoost from your browser
Remove DragonBoost from Google Chrome
- Right-click on the Google Chrome shortcut and choose “properties”.
- In the “Target” field, remove everything going after “C:\Program Files\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe” and click “ok”.
- Choose “Settings” in the Chrome menu.
- In the “Extensions” tab, look for any extension that contains “DragonBoost” in its name and remove it by clicking the Recycle Bin. Also remove all suspicious extensions that you didn’t install.
- In the “Settings” tab, find the “On startup” block, uncheck “Open a specific page or set of pages.”, click “Set pages”, enter google. Com in the new field, and click “ok”.
- In the “Search” tab, click “manage search engines” and remove everything except google.com.
- If it didn’t work – use DragonBoost removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Google Chrome faster.
Remove DragonBoost from Firefox
- Right-click the Firefox shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe” in the “target” field and click “ok”.
- Enter Firefox. Tools -> add-ons.
- Remove all suspicious extensions.
- Tools options -> general. Type google. Com in the “Home page” field (“Startup” block).
- Choose Google as your default search engine in the “Search” tab.
If it didn’t work – use DragonBoost removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Firefox faster.
Uninstall DragonBoost from Internet Explorer
- Right-click the Internet explorer shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe” in the “Target” field and click “ok”.
- Enter internet explorer -> tool -> manage Add-ons.
- Remove all extensions that you didn’t install. You can remove everything.
- Tools -> internet options, type google. Com in the upper field.
- Click “Settings” in the same window of the “Search” block and remove everything except Google. Com and Bing. Com from the list.
If it didn’t work – use DragonBoost removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Internet Explorer faster.
Uninstall DragonBoost from Safari
- Right-click the safari shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Safari” in the “Target” field and click “ok”.
- Click the Settings button in the upper right corner and select Reset Safari.
- Check all boxes and click OK.
What should I do to protect my PC from DragonBoost?
Below you will see some useful recommendations that would help you prevent installation of DragonBoost and issues with browser. Don’t hesitate to share those tips with your nearest and dearest as they will really help you keep your computer secured from DragonBoost and any other malicious software:
- Do not install dubious software especially if you got them from the websites you don’t know. People often commit the same mistake and download the app they need. Unfortunately, eventually this downloaded program turns out to be malicious.
- Consider your intuition! If a web page looks suspicious – for instance, it works too slowly or it is full of colorful banners – we recommend you to leave it immediately. And don’t forget to scan your PC after that!
- Stay attentive during the the whole process of software installation. Try not to miss a single line and a single checkbox. Uncheck all checkboxes which are irrelevant and you do not want to install them.
- Even if you don’t remember having downloaded any software it would be smart to scan your system for viruses and malicious software every week.
|Method to uninstall||Price|
|Computer repair shop||$95-$140|
|Probability of Data theft||62,4%|
|Self-active Launch in OS||87%|
|Manual removal effectiveness||55,8%|
|Free Antivirus removal||27,5%|
|Paid Antivirus removal||79,2%|
|Infection Risk (USA)||6,2%|
|Risk of infection (Europe)||6,1%|
Complete removal of DragonBoost
Spyhunter is probably the most effective malware uninstaller that easily removes all kinds of malware including those which remain invisible for your antivirus. Spyhunter will be irreplaceable if you do not how to remove DragonBoost manually. It will provide the highest level of security to your computer due to regular updating of the signature base.
About Author: Material provided by: Averina lab