How to remove Search.shockmute.com easily - tips from Averina.com
What Is Search.shockmute.com?
Search.shockmute.com is a harmful advertising program. After installation process is over Search.shockmute.com immediately changes the home page and generates ad pop-ups. It’s often a great challenge to entirely delete Search.shockmute.com because its files are stored in the system registry. This application is typically downloaded in the bunch with some free apps, torrent files, various patches for computer games and any other free apps and files. Frankly speaking, it is another way to earn more money for some owners of websites – they embed dangerous software into the file of installation and thus promote it. A downloader is a program that provides you with the sought file, nevertheless it also installs different ad offers which are known to all users: unneeded software with annoying advertisement popping up in a browser window, redirected links, applications changing homepage in the browser etc. By the way, Search.shockmute.com is true malware.
How to remove Search.shockmute.com Comfortably
There are numerous methods to remove Search.shockmute.com from the PC. You are welcome to read the article till the end and perform the effective removal technique. If we speak about the most effective and the fastest way of removal, so I should say about the utilities that will help. As many specialists say, it is better to download and use effective Search.shockmute.com Removal Tool. Removal software that was written for a separate kind of viruses is the most active. It is also possible to run any other antivirus program that has Search.shockmute.com in the signature base. The removal tool that I recommend you (Spyhunter 4) will find and uninstall Search.shockmute.com absolutely, you are welcome to download it using this button.
- It removes Search.shockmute.com right now. Forever.
- This anti-malware software will protect your computer against future infections.
- It provides professional real-time protection from malware, adware, spyware and other viruses.
- 24/7 professional support
[Not a valid template]
Manual Search.shockmute.com removing
Step 1. Uninstall Search.shockmute.com from your computer. Manual for Windows 7, 8, 10 and XP
- Enter “Computer” on the desktop and choose “Uninstall or change a program”.
- In the program folder, look for all programs that contain Search.shockmute.com in their names. Remove them by clicking “uninstall’ and remove all suspicious programs that contain search, toolbar and others in their names.
Step 2. Clean the registry
- Download adwcleaner free utility app and run it. It searches and removes all files and registry keys that belong to the adware virus category.
- Click “Scan”.
- When scanning is finished, click “Clean” to remove all viruses.
- Click “Ok” to reboot the computer. After rebooting, check if the virus is still in the browser. Perhaps, it’s already removed and everything is fine. If it is not, take Step 3.
Step 3. Remove Search.shockmute.com from your browser
Remove Search.shockmute.com from Google Chrome
- Right-click on the Google Chrome shortcut and choose “properties”.
- In the “Target” field, remove everything going after “C:\Program Files\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe” and click “ok”.
- Choose “Settings” in the Chrome menu.
- In the “Extensions” tab, look for any extension that contains “Search.shockmute.com” in its name and remove it by clicking the Recycle Bin. Also remove all suspicious extensions that you didn’t install.
- In the “Settings” tab, find the “On startup” block, uncheck “Open a specific page or set of pages.”, click “Set pages”, enter google. Com in the new field, and click “ok”.
- In the “Search” tab, click “manage search engines” and remove everything except google.com.
- If it didn’t work – use Search.shockmute.com removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Google Chrome faster.
Remove Search.shockmute.com from Firefox
- Right-click the Firefox shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe” in the “target” field and click “ok”.
- Enter Firefox. Tools -> add-ons.
- Remove all suspicious extensions.
- Tools options -> general. Type google. Com in the “Home page” field (“Startup” block).
- Choose Google as your default search engine in the “Search” tab.
If it didn’t work – use Search.shockmute.com removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Firefox faster.
Uninstall Search.shockmute.com from Internet Explorer
- Right-click the Internet explorer shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe” in the “Target” field and click “ok”.
- Enter internet explorer -> tool -> manage Add-ons.
- Remove all extensions that you didn’t install. You can remove everything.
- Tools -> internet options, type google. Com in the upper field.
- Click “Settings” in the same window of the “Search” block and remove everything except Google. Com and Bing. Com from the list.
If it didn’t work – use Search.shockmute.com removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Internet Explorer faster.
Uninstall Search.shockmute.com from Safari
- Right-click the safari shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Safari” in the “Target” field and click “ok”.
- Click the Settings button in the upper right corner and select Reset Safari.
- Check all boxes and click OK.
What should I do to protect my PC from Search.shockmute.com?
Below you will see the tips which would help you prevent installation of Search.shockmute.com and browser infection. Feel free to share our tips with your friends and family members just because they will certainly help you keep your computer safe and protected from Search.shockmute.com and any other malicious software:
- Don’t install dubious programs especially if you found them from the websites you don’t know. People quite often make the same mistake and just download the app they need. However, later this program appears to be malicious.
- Don’t ignore your intuition! If a website seems to be suspicious – for example, it functions slowly or it is full of bright banners – we advise you to close it immediately. And remember to check your PC after that!
- Stay attentive during the entire process of installation. Try not to miss a single window and a single checkbox. Uncheck all checkboxes which don’t seem relevant for you and you don’t want to install.
- And even in case if you do not recall downloading anything it would be reasonable to scan your computer for adware and viruses at least once a week.
|Method to uninstall||Price|
|Computer repair shop||$95-$140|
|Probability of Data theft||73,9%|
|Self-active Launch in OS||87%|
|Manual removal effectiveness||13,5%|
|Free Antivirus removal||79,2%|
|Paid Antivirus removal||95,8%|
|Infection Risk (USA)||6,4%|
|Risk of infection (Europe)||2,9%|
Complete removal of Search.shockmute.com
Spyhunter is an incredibly effective malware uninstaller that permanently removes all kinds of malware and even the programs that are invisible for your antivirus software. Spyhunter will be irreplaceable if you did not manage to remove Search.shockmute.com yourself. It guarantees the best level protection to your system because it gets daily updates of the signature base.
About Author: Material provided by: Averina lab