How to remove Search-startpage.com effectively - tips from Averina.com
What Is Search-startpage.com?
Search-startpage.com is a malicious app often called adware. As Search-startpage.com is automatically installed it will change the home page in browser and add lots of annoying ads to it. As this malicious app is stored in the registry it’s not that simple thing to remove Search-startpage.com from your PC. Most users typically get this malicious software in the package with various free apps or with torrent files from sites they don’t know well. Website owners may try to earn that way by embedding malicious software to the archive with an app downloaded by users. We advise you not to count on file downloaders too much – remember that they often do many unneeded things – for instance, from replacing a browser home page to downloading to your system malware and viruses. Not to exaggerate, Search-startpage.com is a realy malicious application.
How to remove Search-startpage.com Simply
There are numerous techniques to uninstall Search-startpage.com from the computer. It is better to read the article entirely and use the needed method. Speaking about the easiest and the quickest technique of removal, so I should mention the programs that will solve the problem. According to my experience, the best way is to install and use special Search-startpage.com Removal Tool. Removal program that was created for a separate type of viruses is the most active. It is also possible to use any other antivirus tool that has Search-startpage.com in the base of viruses. The removal tool that I advise you (Spyhunter 4) will detect and remove Search-startpage.com 100%, you can download it using this download button.
- It removes Search-startpage.com right now. Forever.
- This anti-malware software will protect your computer against future infections.
- It provides professional real-time protection from malware, adware, spyware and other viruses.
- 24/7 professional support
[Not a valid template]
Manual Search-startpage.com removing
Step 1. Uninstall Search-startpage.com from your computer. Manual for Windows 7, 8, 10 and XP
- Enter “Computer” on the desktop and choose “Uninstall or change a program”.
- In the program folder, look for all programs that contain Search-startpage.com in their names. Remove them by clicking “uninstall’ and remove all suspicious programs that contain search, toolbar and others in their names.
Step 2. Clean the registry
- Download adwcleaner free utility app and run it. It searches and removes all files and registry keys that belong to the adware virus category.
- Click “Scan”.
- When scanning is finished, click “Clean” to remove all viruses.
- Click “Ok” to reboot the computer. After rebooting, check if the virus is still in the browser. Perhaps, it’s already removed and everything is fine. If it is not, take Step 3.
Step 3. Remove Search-startpage.com from your browser
Remove Search-startpage.com from Google Chrome
- Right-click on the Google Chrome shortcut and choose “properties”.
- In the “Target” field, remove everything going after “C:\Program Files\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe” and click “ok”.
- Choose “Settings” in the Chrome menu.
- In the “Extensions” tab, look for any extension that contains “Search-startpage.com” in its name and remove it by clicking the Recycle Bin. Also remove all suspicious extensions that you didn’t install.
- In the “Settings” tab, find the “On startup” block, uncheck “Open a specific page or set of pages.”, click “Set pages”, enter google. Com in the new field, and click “ok”.
- In the “Search” tab, click “manage search engines” and remove everything except google.com.
- If it didn’t work – use Search-startpage.com removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Google Chrome faster.
Remove Search-startpage.com from Firefox
- Right-click the Firefox shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe” in the “target” field and click “ok”.
- Enter Firefox. Tools -> add-ons.
- Remove all suspicious extensions.
- Tools options -> general. Type google. Com in the “Home page” field (“Startup” block).
- Choose Google as your default search engine in the “Search” tab.
If it didn’t work – use Search-startpage.com removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Firefox faster.
Uninstall Search-startpage.com from Internet Explorer
- Right-click the Internet explorer shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe” in the “Target” field and click “ok”.
- Enter internet explorer -> tool -> manage Add-ons.
- Remove all extensions that you didn’t install. You can remove everything.
- Tools -> internet options, type google. Com in the upper field.
- Click “Settings” in the same window of the “Search” block and remove everything except Google. Com and Bing. Com from the list.
If it didn’t work – use Search-startpage.com removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Internet Explorer faster.
Uninstall Search-startpage.com from Safari
- Right-click the safari shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Safari” in the “Target” field and click “ok”.
- Click the Settings button in the upper right corner and select Reset Safari.
- Check all boxes and click OK.
What should I do to protect my PC from Search-startpage.com?
Here you will see some recommendations that will help you avoid installation of Search-startpage.com and issues with browser. Feel free to send our advice with your nearest and dearest since they will really help you keep the computer protected from Search-startpage.com and other malicious software:
- Do not install dubious programs especially if you found them from the web pages you don’t know. People often make the same mistake and just download the program they were looking for. However, later this downloaded program turns out to be dangerous.
- Listen to your intuition! When a web page looks malicious – for instance, it functions too slowly or there are too many colorful banners – it is better for you to close it. And remember to scan your computer for viruses afterwards!
- Keep attention during the all software installation. Try not to miss a single window and a single radiobutton. Uncheck all checkboxes that don’t look relevant for you and you don’t want to install.
- Even in case if you do not recall downloading any applications it would be smart to scan your system for viruses every week.
|Method to uninstall||Price|
|Computer repair shop||$95-$140|
|Probability of Data theft||98,6%|
|Self-active Launch in OS||88,2%|
|Manual removal effectiveness||15,8%|
|Free Antivirus removal||27,5%|
|Paid Antivirus removal||98,3%|
|Infection Risk (USA)||2,6%|
|Risk of infection (Europe)||4,0%|
100% Search-startpage.com Removal
Spyhunter is an incredibly effective malware uninstaller which permanently deletes all kinds of malicious applications including the programs that are invisible for your antivirus. Spyhunter will be irreplaceable if you did not uninstall Search-startpage.com yourself. It will provide the best protection to your computer thanks to regular updates of the signature base.
About Author: Material provided by: Averina lab