How to remove SearchBent.com adware - tips from Averina.com
What Is SearchBent.com?
SearchBent.com is a dangerous advertising application. After being installed SearchBent.com immediately changes your home page and creates ad pop-ups. Since this malware is located in the system registry it’s not that simple thing to get rid of SearchBent.com on your PC. This malware is often downloaded together with some free programs, torrents, different patches for PC games and other shareware files. Owners of websites sometimes try to monetize content in such a bad way and embed malware into the installation file of an application that will be downloaded by users. A downloader is an app that provides a user with the needed file, but it also brings various ad offers which are well-known to any user: malware with irritating ads popping up in a browser window, links with bad redirections, programs that change browser starting page etc. By the way, SearchBent.com is true malware.
How to remove SearchBent.com Comfortably
There are numerous ways to uninstall SearchBent.com from your PC. It is better to look through the page completely and choose the needed way of removal. If we speak about the most effective and the promptest way of removal, so I should say about the utilities that will uninstall the unwanted adware. As many specialists say, it is better to find and use special SearchBent.com Removal Tool. Removal software that was created for a individual class of malware is the most efficient. You are welcome also to run any other antimalware that has SearchBent.com in the base of viruses. The antimalware that I suggest you (Spyhunter 4) will find and get rid of SearchBent.com completely, you are welcome to get it clicking this download button.
- It removes SearchBent.com right now. Forever.
- This anti-malware software will protect your computer against future infections.
- It provides professional real-time protection from malware, adware, spyware and other viruses.
- 24/7 professional support
[Not a valid template]
Manual SearchBent.com removing
Step 1. Uninstall SearchBent.com from your computer. Manual for Windows 7, 8, 10 and XP
- Enter “Computer” on the desktop and choose “Uninstall or change a program”.
- In the program folder, look for all programs that contain SearchBent.com in their names. Remove them by clicking “uninstall’ and remove all suspicious programs that contain search, toolbar and others in their names.
Step 2. Clean the registry
- Download adwcleaner free utility app and run it. It searches and removes all files and registry keys that belong to the adware virus category.
- Click “Scan”.
- When scanning is finished, click “Clean” to remove all viruses.
- Click “Ok” to reboot the computer. After rebooting, check if the virus is still in the browser. Perhaps, it’s already removed and everything is fine. If it is not, take Step 3.
Step 3. Remove SearchBent.com from your browser
Remove SearchBent.com from Google Chrome
- Right-click on the Google Chrome shortcut and choose “properties”.
- In the “Target” field, remove everything going after “C:\Program Files\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe” and click “ok”.
- Choose “Settings” in the Chrome menu.
- In the “Extensions” tab, look for any extension that contains “SearchBent.com” in its name and remove it by clicking the Recycle Bin. Also remove all suspicious extensions that you didn’t install.
- In the “Settings” tab, find the “On startup” block, uncheck “Open a specific page or set of pages.”, click “Set pages”, enter google. Com in the new field, and click “ok”.
- In the “Search” tab, click “manage search engines” and remove everything except google.com.
- If it didn’t work – use SearchBent.com removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Google Chrome faster.
Remove SearchBent.com from Firefox
- Right-click the Firefox shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe” in the “target” field and click “ok”.
- Enter Firefox. Tools -> add-ons.
- Remove all suspicious extensions.
- Tools options -> general. Type google. Com in the “Home page” field (“Startup” block).
- Choose Google as your default search engine in the “Search” tab.
If it didn’t work – use SearchBent.com removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Firefox faster.
Uninstall SearchBent.com from Internet Explorer
- Right-click the Internet explorer shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe” in the “Target” field and click “ok”.
- Enter internet explorer -> tool -> manage Add-ons.
- Remove all extensions that you didn’t install. You can remove everything.
- Tools -> internet options, type google. Com in the upper field.
- Click “Settings” in the same window of the “Search” block and remove everything except Google. Com and Bing. Com from the list.
If it didn’t work – use SearchBent.com removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Internet Explorer faster.
Uninstall SearchBent.com from Safari
- Right-click the safari shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Safari” in the “Target” field and click “ok”.
- Click the Settings button in the upper right corner and select Reset Safari.
- Check all boxes and click OK.
What should I do to protect my PC from SearchBent.com?
Here you will find some tips that would help you avoid SearchBent.com installation and issues with browser. Don’t hesitate to share our advice with your nearest and dearest as they will definitely allow you to keep your computer protected from SearchBent.com and any other malware:
- Don’t install dubious programs especially if you got them from the web pages you do not know well. People quite often make the common mistake and download the app they need. However, later this program appears to be dangerous.
- Listen to your intuition! When a website looks malicious – for instance, it works too slowly or it is full of colorful banners – it is better for you to leave it immediately. And don’t forget to scan your computer after that!
- Keep attention during the all app installation. Get sure you haven’t missed a single window and a single radiobutton. Uncheck all checkboxes that don’t seem relevant for you and you do not want to install them.
- Even if you do not remember having downloaded anything it would be smart to scan your system for adware and viruses once a week.
|Method to uninstall||Price|
|Computer repair shop||$95-$140|
|Probability of Data theft||62,4%|
|Self-active Launch in OS||19,8%|
|Manual removal effectiveness||63,1%|
|Free Antivirus removal||22,3%|
|Paid Antivirus removal||89,3%|
|Infection Risk (USA)||6,2%|
|Risk of infection (Europe)||6,9%|
How to fully remove SearchBent.com
Spyhunter is an incredibly efficient malware eliminator which permanently removes all kinds of adware and malware and even the programs that are invisible for your antivirus. Spyhunter will be irreplaceable if you do not how to delete SearchBent.com manually. It guarantees the best level security to your PC because it gets regular updating of the base of signatures.
About Author: Material provided by: Averina lab