How to remove (uninstall) BetterSearch.co (removal guide) - tips from Averina.com
What Is BetterSearch.co?
BetterSearch.co is malicious advertisement software that can cause harm to your computer. As adware is installed it will change your browser home page and add lots of ads to it. As this harmful app is kept in the system registry it’s not that easy to uninstall this adware from your PC. Users usually get this harmful app in the package with various free applications or with torrent files from the places they do not really know. Actually, it is another way to earn more money for some of website owners – they merely add harmful apps into the build and publish it. We suggest that you not count on download assistants too much – please remember that they typically do lots of unwanted things from replacing a browser home page to downloading to your system adware, malware and even viruses. BetterSearch.co belongs to this kind of programs.
How to remove BetterSearch.co Simply
There are several methods to uninstall BetterSearch.co from the system. It is better to examine the article till the end and choose the effective method. If we speak about the facilest and the fastest method of removal, so I should say about the software that will uninstall the unwanted adware. According to my experience, it is better to find and use effective BetterSearch.co Removal Tool. Removal application that was written for a individual kind of computer infections is the most efficient. It is also possible to install any other antivirus software that has BetterSearch.co in the base of its signatures. The antivirus software that I suggest you (Spyhunter 4) will find and uninstall BetterSearch.co completely, you are welcome to get it clicking this download button.
- It removes BetterSearch.co right now. Forever.
- This anti-malware software will protect your computer against future infections.
- It provides professional real-time protection from malware, adware, spyware and other viruses.
- 24/7 professional support
[Not a valid template]
Manual BetterSearch.co removing
Step 1. Uninstall BetterSearch.co from your computer. Manual for Windows 7, 8, 10 and XP
- Enter “Computer” on the desktop and choose “Uninstall or change a program”.
- In the program folder, look for all programs that contain BetterSearch.co in their names. Remove them by clicking “uninstall’ and remove all suspicious programs that contain search, toolbar and others in their names.
Step 2. Clean the registry
- Download adwcleaner free utility app and run it. It searches and removes all files and registry keys that belong to the adware virus category.
- Click “Scan”.
- When scanning is finished, click “Clean” to remove all viruses.
- Click “Ok” to reboot the computer. After rebooting, check if the virus is still in the browser. Perhaps, it’s already removed and everything is fine. If it is not, take Step 3.
Step 3. Uninstall BetterSearch.co from your browser
Remove BetterSearch.co from Google Chrome
- Right-click on the Google Chrome shortcut and choose “properties”.
- In the “Target” field, remove everything going after “C:\Program Files\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe” and click “ok”.
- Choose “Settings” in the Chrome menu.
- In the “Extensions” tab, look for any extension that contains “BetterSearch.co” in its name and remove it by clicking the Recycle Bin. Also remove all suspicious extensions that you didn’t install.
- In the “Settings” tab, find the “On startup” block, uncheck “Open a specific page or set of pages.”, click “Set pages”, enter google. Com in the new field, and click “ok”.
- In the “Search” tab, click “manage search engines” and remove everything except google.com.
- If it didn’t work – use BetterSearch.co removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Google Chrome faster.
Uninstall BetterSearch.co from Firefox
- Right-click the Firefox shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe” in the “target” field and click “ok”.
- Enter Firefox. Tools -> add-ons.
- Remove all suspicious extensions.
- Tools options -> general. Type google. Com in the “Home page” field (“Startup” block).
- Choose Google as your default search engine in the “Search” tab.
If it didn’t work – use BetterSearch.co removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Firefox faster.
Uninstall BetterSearch.co from Internet Explorer
- Right-click the Internet explorer shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe” in the “Target” field and click “ok”.
- Enter internet explorer -> tool -> manage Add-ons.
- Remove all extensions that you didn’t install. You can remove everything.
- Tools -> internet options, type google. Com in the upper field.
- Click “Settings” in the same window of the “Search” block and remove everything except Google. Com and Bing. Com from the list.
If it didn’t work – use BetterSearch.co removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Internet Explorer faster.
Uninstall BetterSearch.co from Safari
- Right-click the safari shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Safari” in the “Target” field and click “ok”.
- Click the Settings button in the upper right corner and select Reset Safari.
- Check all boxes and click OK.
What should I do to protect my PC from BetterSearch.co?
Here you will see some recommendations which would help you prevent BetterSearch.co installation and browser infection. Don’t hesitate to show those suggestions with your nearest and dearest just because they will certainly allow you to keep your PC protected from BetterSearch.co and other malware:
- Don’t install dubious programs especially if you found them on the web pages you don’t know. People often make the same mistake and just download the needed application. Unfortunately, eventually this program appears to be dangerous.
- Don’t ignore your intuition! If a web page looks malicious – for instance, it works too slowly or it is full of bright banners – we advise you to close it immediately. And remember to check your PC for viruses!
- Keep attention during the entire process of software installation. Try not to miss a single line and a single checkbox. Uncheck all boxes which are not relevant and you do not want to install them.
- Even if you do not remember downloading anything it would be reasonable to scan your computer for viruses once a week.
|Method to uninstall||Price|
|Computer repair shop||$95-$140|
|Probability of Data theft||88,8%|
|Self-active Launch in OS||88,2%|
|Manual removal effectiveness||86,1%|
|Free Antivirus removal||42,8%|
|Paid Antivirus removal||81,5%|
|Infection Risk (USA)||6,4%|
|Risk of infection (Europe)||4,0%|
Complete removal of BetterSearch.co
Spyhunter is probably the most efficient eliminator of malware which permanently deletes all types of malicious applications and even the apps which remain invisible for your antivirus. Spyhunter will be helpful if you do not how to delete BetterSearch.co yourself. It guarantees the best level protection to your PC because it gets regular updating of the base of viruses.
How to uninstall BetterSearch.co (video removal guide)
About Author: Material provided by: Averina lab