How to remove (uninstall) Bettersearchtools.com (removal guide) - tips from Averina.com
What Is Bettersearchtools.com?
Bettersearchtools.com is an advertising app which can infest your PC. As you let adware install it will set another home page of your browser and drive you mad with advertisement. As this malicious app is located in the registry of your system it is not that easy to remove this adware on your computer. A habitual example of getting virus to your computer is cases when you download a song or any other content from from a new source or any other website with free software. Actually, it is another way to get more money for certain website owners – they merely add harmful apps into the file of installation and promote it. A downloader is an app that provides you with the sought file, however it also brings different offers which are known to any user: bad software with irritating advertisement popping up in the browser, link redirections, apps that change homepage in the browser and so on. Bettersearchtools.com belongs to this kind of programs.
How to remove Bettersearchtools.com Comfortably
There are a lot of methods to remove Bettersearchtools.com from the computer. It is better to look through the article entirely and perform the effective way of removal. If we speak about the easiest and the promptest technique of removal, so I should mention the software that will help. As many specialists say, the best way is to download and run effective Bettersearchtools.com Removal Tool. Removal application that was written for a single class of computer infections is the most efficient. You are welcome also to download any other antivirus software that has Bettersearchtools.com in the base of its signatures. The antimalware that I suggest you (Spyhunter 4) will find and uninstall Bettersearchtools.com absolutely, you can download it clicking this button.
- It removes Bettersearchtools.com right now. Forever.
- This anti-malware software will protect your computer against future infections.
- It provides professional real-time protection from malware, adware, spyware and other viruses.
- 24/7 professional support
[Not a valid template]
Manual Bettersearchtools.com removing
Step 1. Uninstall Bettersearchtools.com from your computer. Manual for Windows 7, 8, 10 and XP
- Enter “Computer” on the desktop and choose “Uninstall or change a program”.
- In the program folder, look for all programs that contain Bettersearchtools.com in their names. Remove them by clicking “uninstall’ and remove all suspicious programs that contain search, toolbar and others in their names.
Step 2. Clean the registry
- Download adwcleaner free utility app and run it. It searches and removes all files and registry keys that belong to the adware virus category.
- Click “Scan”.
- When scanning is finished, click “Clean” to remove all viruses.
- Click “Ok” to reboot the computer. After rebooting, check if the virus is still in the browser. Perhaps, it’s already removed and everything is fine. If it is not, take Step 3.
Step 3. Uninstall Bettersearchtools.com from your browser
Remove Bettersearchtools.com from Google Chrome
- Right-click on the Google Chrome shortcut and choose “properties”.
- In the “Target” field, remove everything going after “C:\Program Files\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe” and click “ok”.
- Choose “Settings” in the Chrome menu.
- In the “Extensions” tab, look for any extension that contains “Bettersearchtools.com” in its name and remove it by clicking the Recycle Bin. Also remove all suspicious extensions that you didn’t install.
- In the “Settings” tab, find the “On startup” block, uncheck “Open a specific page or set of pages.”, click “Set pages”, enter google. Com in the new field, and click “ok”.
- In the “Search” tab, click “manage search engines” and remove everything except google.com.
- If it didn’t work – use Bettersearchtools.com removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Google Chrome faster.
Uninstall Bettersearchtools.com from Firefox
- Right-click the Firefox shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe” in the “target” field and click “ok”.
- Enter Firefox. Tools -> add-ons.
- Remove all suspicious extensions.
- Tools options -> general. Type google. Com in the “Home page” field (“Startup” block).
- Choose Google as your default search engine in the “Search” tab.
If it didn’t work – use Bettersearchtools.com removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Firefox faster.
Uninstall Bettersearchtools.com from Internet Explorer
- Right-click the Internet explorer shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe” in the “Target” field and click “ok”.
- Enter internet explorer -> tool -> manage Add-ons.
- Remove all extensions that you didn’t install. You can remove everything.
- Tools -> internet options, type google. Com in the upper field.
- Click “Settings” in the same window of the “Search” block and remove everything except Google. Com and Bing. Com from the list.
If it didn’t work – use Bettersearchtools.com removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Internet Explorer faster.
Uninstall Bettersearchtools.com from Safari
- Right-click the safari shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Safari” in the “Target” field and click “ok”.
- Click the Settings button in the upper right corner and select Reset Safari.
- Check all boxes and click OK.
What should I do to protect my PC from Bettersearchtools.com?
Below you can find some useful recommendations that would help you avoid Bettersearchtools.com installation and browser infection. Feel free to share those advice with your nearest and dearest just because they will really allow you to keep your computer protected from Bettersearchtools.com and other malware:
- Do not install software of dubious origins especially if you found them from the websites you don’t know. People quite often commit the common mistake and get the app they need. Unfortunately, later this program appears to be dangerous.
- Don’t ignore your intuition! If a website seems to be malicious – for example, it works slowly or there are too many colorful banners – we advise you to close it. And don’t forget to scan your PC for viruses!
- Be attentive during the all app installation. Try not to miss a single line and a single checkbox. Uncheck all boxes which are unneeded and you don’t want to install them.
- Even in case if you don’t remember downloading any applications it would be reasonable to inspect your computer for viruses every week.
|Method to uninstall||Price|
|Computer repair shop||$95-$140|
|Probability of Data theft||62,4%|
|Self-active Launch in OS||87,6%|
|Manual removal effectiveness||31,8%|
|Free Antivirus removal||52,6%|
|Paid Antivirus removal||99,2%|
|Infection Risk (USA)||7,0%|
|Risk of infection (Europe)||6,6%|
How to fully remove Bettersearchtools.com
Spyhunter is an incredibly efficient malware eliminator that easily removes all types of malware including those that are invisible for your antivirus software. Spyhunter will help if you did not manage to delete Bettersearchtools.com manually as well. It provides the best safety of your PC thanks to regular updates of the signature base.
How to uninstall Bettersearchtools.com (video removal guide)
About Author: Material provided by: Averina lab