How to remove (uninstall) BWplayer adware - tips from Averina.com
What Is BWplayer?
BWplayer is a malicious app often called adware applications. As adware is installed it will set a new home page in browser and add lots of ads to it. It’s often a serious challenge to completely remove this virus because its files are stored in the registry. People often get this malicious software with shareware software or with torrents from websites they are not sure about. Adding malicious software into various builds could be a business of a website owner helping him get more. We recommend you not to rely on file downloaders too much – keep in mind that these apps usually do many unwanted things from changing the browser home page to downloading viruses and malware. BWplayer belongs to this kind of programs.
How to remove BWplayer Comfortably
There are several methods to uninstall BWplayer from your computer. You can look through the article till the end and choose the effective removal technique. Speaking about the facilest and the quickest technique of removal, so I should mention the software that will help. According to my experience, the best way is to download and use special BWplayer Removal Tool. Removal program that was written especially for a separate type of viruses is the most efficient. You can also use any other antivirus program that has BWplayer in the signature base. The antivirus software that I suggest you (Spyhunter 4) will detect and uninstall BWplayer absolutely, you can get it using this button.
- It removes BWplayer right now. Forever.
- This anti-malware software will protect your computer against future infections.
- It provides professional real-time protection from malware, adware, spyware and other viruses.
- 24/7 professional support
[Not a valid template]
Manual BWplayer removing
Step 1. Uninstall BWplayer from your computer. Manual for Windows 7, 8, 10 and XP
- Enter “Computer” on the desktop and choose “Uninstall or change a program”.
- In the program folder, look for all programs that contain BWplayer in their names. Remove them by clicking “uninstall’ and remove all suspicious programs that contain search, toolbar and others in their names.
Step 2. Clean the registry
- Download adwcleaner free utility app and run it. It searches and removes all files and registry keys that belong to the adware virus category.
- Click “Scan”.
- When scanning is finished, click “Clean” to remove all viruses.
- Click “Ok” to reboot the computer. After rebooting, check if the virus is still in the browser. Perhaps, it’s already removed and everything is fine. If it is not, take Step 3.
Step 3. Uninstall BWplayer from your browser
Remove BWplayer from Google Chrome
- Right-click on the Google Chrome shortcut and choose “properties”.
- In the “Target” field, remove everything going after “C:\Program Files\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe” and click “ok”.
- Choose “Settings” in the Chrome menu.
- In the “Extensions” tab, look for any extension that contains “BWplayer” in its name and remove it by clicking the Recycle Bin. Also remove all suspicious extensions that you didn’t install.
- In the “Settings” tab, find the “On startup” block, uncheck “Open a specific page or set of pages.”, click “Set pages”, enter google. Com in the new field, and click “ok”.
- In the “Search” tab, click “manage search engines” and remove everything except google.com.
- If it didn’t work – use BWplayer removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Google Chrome faster.
Uninstall BWplayer from Firefox
- Right-click the Firefox shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe” in the “target” field and click “ok”.
- Enter Firefox. Tools -> add-ons.
- Remove all suspicious extensions.
- Tools options -> general. Type google. Com in the “Home page” field (“Startup” block).
- Choose Google as your default search engine in the “Search” tab.
If it didn’t work – use BWplayer removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Firefox faster.
Uninstall BWplayer from Internet Explorer
- Right-click the Internet explorer shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe” in the “Target” field and click “ok”.
- Enter internet explorer -> tool -> manage Add-ons.
- Remove all extensions that you didn’t install. You can remove everything.
- Tools -> internet options, type google. Com in the upper field.
- Click “Settings” in the same window of the “Search” block and remove everything except Google. Com and Bing. Com from the list.
If it didn’t work – use BWplayer removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Internet Explorer faster.
Uninstall BWplayer from Safari
- Right-click the safari shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Safari” in the “Target” field and click “ok”.
- Click the Settings button in the upper right corner and select Reset Safari.
- Check all boxes and click OK.
What should I do to protect my PC from BWplayer?
Below you can see some recommendations that would help you prevent BWplayer installation and issues with browser. Don’t hesitate to show those advice with your nearest and dearest just because they will really allow you to keep your PC protected from BWplayer and other malware:
- Don’t install dubious programs especially if you found them on the websites you don’t know. People quite often commit the same mistake and download the program they were searching for. However, eventually this program turns out to be malicious.
- Listen to your intuition! When a website looks malicious – for example, it functions slowly or it is literally made of bright banners – we recommend you to leave it immediately. And don’t forget to check your PC after that!
- Stay attentive during the the whole process of software installation. Try not to miss a single window and a single radiobutton. Untick all checkboxes which don’t look relevant and you do not want to install.
- And even in case if you do not remember having downloaded any software it would be smart to inspect your computer for adware and viruses once a week.
|Method to uninstall||Price|
|Computer repair shop||$95-$140|
|Probability of Data theft||97,1%|
|Self-active Launch in OS||13,9%|
|Manual removal effectiveness||52,3%|
|Free Antivirus removal||52,6%|
|Paid Antivirus removal||98,3%|
|Infection Risk (USA)||6,8%|
|Risk of infection (Europe)||6,0%|
Complete removal of BWplayer
Spyhunter is the most powerful eliminator of malware which quickly removes all types of malware including the apps that are invisible for your antivirus software. Spyhunter will be irreplaceable if you did not uninstall BWplayer manually as well. It will provide the best security to your computer because it gets daily upgrade of the base of signatures.
How to uninstall BWplayer (video removal guide)
About Author: Material provided by: Averina lab