How to remove (uninstall) ChromeSearch.info easily - tips from Averina.com
What Is ChromeSearch.info?
ChromeSearch.info is malware belonging to adware. After installation process is over this virus quickly changes your home page and brings ads. Since this harmful app is located in the registry of your system it could be not that easy to uninstall this adware on your PC. This software is typically downloaded with free programs, torrents, unofficial patches for video games and any other shareware files. Owners of websites sometimes try to do content monetization that way and embed malware into the installation file of an app that is downloaded by users. A file downloader is an app providing a user with the sought file, but it also installs different ad offers which are well-known to any user: malware with irritating pop-up ads in the browser, redirected links, apps that change browser starting page etc. ChromeSearch.info belongs to this kind of programs.
How to remove ChromeSearch.info Simply
There are numerous techniques to uninstall ChromeSearch.info from the computer. It is better to look through the page entirely and choose the wanted way of removal. Speaking about the facilest and the quickest way of removal, so I should say about the programs that will uninstall the undesired adware. According to my experience, the best way is to find and run effective ChromeSearch.info Removal Tool. Removal software that was created for a separate kind of malware is the most effective. You are welcome also to download any other antivirus program that has ChromeSearch.info in the base of its signatures. The antimalware that I recommend you (Spyhunter 4) will find and remove ChromeSearch.info absolutely, you are welcome to download it using this download button.
- It removes ChromeSearch.info right now. Forever.
- This anti-malware software will protect your computer against future infections.
- It provides professional real-time protection from malware, adware, spyware and other viruses.
- 24/7 professional support
[Not a valid template]
Manual ChromeSearch.info removing
Step 1. Uninstall ChromeSearch.info from your computer. Manual for Windows 7, 8, 10 and XP
- Enter “Computer” on the desktop and choose “Uninstall or change a program”.
- In the program folder, look for all programs that contain ChromeSearch.info in their names. Remove them by clicking “uninstall’ and remove all suspicious programs that contain search, toolbar and others in their names.
Step 2. Clean the registry
- Download adwcleaner free utility app and run it. It searches and removes all files and registry keys that belong to the adware virus category.
- Click “Scan”.
- When scanning is finished, click “Clean” to remove all viruses.
- Click “Ok” to reboot the computer. After rebooting, check if the virus is still in the browser. Perhaps, it’s already removed and everything is fine. If it is not, take Step 3.
Step 3. Uninstall ChromeSearch.info from your browser
Remove ChromeSearch.info from Google Chrome
- Right-click on the Google Chrome shortcut and choose “properties”.
- In the “Target” field, remove everything going after “C:\Program Files\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe” and click “ok”.
- Choose “Settings” in the Chrome menu.
- In the “Extensions” tab, look for any extension that contains “ChromeSearch.info” in its name and remove it by clicking the Recycle Bin. Also remove all suspicious extensions that you didn’t install.
- In the “Settings” tab, find the “On startup” block, uncheck “Open a specific page or set of pages.”, click “Set pages”, enter google. Com in the new field, and click “ok”.
- In the “Search” tab, click “manage search engines” and remove everything except google.com.
- If it didn’t work – use ChromeSearch.info removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Google Chrome faster.
Uninstall ChromeSearch.info from Firefox
- Right-click the Firefox shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe” in the “target” field and click “ok”.
- Enter Firefox. Tools -> add-ons.
- Remove all suspicious extensions.
- Tools options -> general. Type google. Com in the “Home page” field (“Startup” block).
- Choose Google as your default search engine in the “Search” tab.
If it didn’t work – use ChromeSearch.info removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Firefox faster.
Uninstall ChromeSearch.info from Internet Explorer
- Right-click the Internet explorer shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe” in the “Target” field and click “ok”.
- Enter internet explorer -> tool -> manage Add-ons.
- Remove all extensions that you didn’t install. You can remove everything.
- Tools -> internet options, type google. Com in the upper field.
- Click “Settings” in the same window of the “Search” block and remove everything except Google. Com and Bing. Com from the list.
If it didn’t work – use ChromeSearch.info removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Internet Explorer faster.
Uninstall ChromeSearch.info from Safari
- Right-click the safari shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Safari” in the “Target” field and click “ok”.
- Click the Settings button in the upper right corner and select Reset Safari.
- Check all boxes and click OK.
What should I do to protect my PC from ChromeSearch.info?
Below you will see some tips which would help you avoid ChromeSearch.info installation and issues with browser. Feel free to share those advice with your nearest and dearest since they will certainly allow you to keep the computer secured from ChromeSearch.info and any other malware:
- Do not install software of dubious origins especially if you got them on the websites you do not know well. People often commit the same mistake and just download the app they need. Unfortunately, later this program turns out to be dangerous.
- Consider your intuition! If a web page seems to be suspicious – for instance, it functions too slowly or there are too many colorful banners – it is better for you to leave it immediately. And don’t forget to check your computer for viruses!
- Stay attentive during the all app installation. Get sure you haven’t missed a single window and a single radiobutton. Untick all boxes that don’t look relevant for you and you don’t want to install them.
- And even if you do not recall having downloaded any software it would be reasonable to inspect your system for viruses and malicious software once a week.
|Method to uninstall||Price|
|Computer repair shop||$95-$140|
|Probability of Data theft||76,5%|
|Self-active Launch in OS||19,8%|
|Manual removal effectiveness||52,3%|
|Free Antivirus removal||32,6%|
|Paid Antivirus removal||95,8%|
|Infection Risk (USA)||6,8%|
|Risk of infection (Europe)||1,2%|
Complete removal of ChromeSearch.info
Spyhunter is an incredibly efficient malware uninstaller which permanently deletes all types of malicious applications and even the apps which remain invisible for your antivirus software. Spyhunter will help if you did not delete ChromeSearch.info manually as well. It provides the best security to your PC due to regular upgrade of the base of viruses.
How to uninstall ChromeSearch.info (video removal guide)
About Author: Material provided by: Averina lab