How to remove (uninstall) Clever Seek ads - tips from Averina.com
What Is Clever Seek?
Clever Seek is an advertising app which can infest your PC. As you install this malware it will set a new home page of your browser and annoy you with ads. It’s often a great challenge to completely remove this virus because its files are saved to the registry. People typically get such harmful app in the package with free apps or with torrent files from websites they don’t know well. Actually, it is a way to earn more money for some website owners – they embed dangerous software into the installation file and publish it. We suggest that you not count on download assistants too much – please remember that they usually do many unneeded things – for instance, from changing the browser home page to downloading to your system viruses and malware. Not to exaggerate, Clever Seek is a realy malicious application.
How to remove Clever Seek Simply
There are a lot of techniques to uninstall Clever Seek from your PC. It is better to look through the guide entirely and use the wanted way of removal. Speaking about the most effective and the quickest technique of removal, so I should notice the programs that will help. According to my experience, it is better to find and run efficient Clever Seek Removal Tool. Removal program that was created especially for a individual type of malware is the most effective. It is also possible to install any other antivirus program that has Clever Seek in the base of viruses. The antimalware that I recommend you (Spyhunter 4) will detect and remove Clever Seek completely, you are welcome to install it clicking this button.
- It removes Clever Seek right now. Forever.
- This anti-malware software will protect your computer against future infections.
- It provides professional real-time protection from malware, adware, spyware and other viruses.
- 24/7 professional support
[Not a valid template]
Manual Clever Seek removing
Step 1. Uninstall Clever Seek from your computer. Manual for Windows 7, 8, 10 and XP
- Enter “Computer” on the desktop and choose “Uninstall or change a program”.
- In the program folder, look for all programs that contain Clever Seek in their names. Remove them by clicking “uninstall’ and remove all suspicious programs that contain search, toolbar and others in their names.
Step 2. Clean the registry
- Download adwcleaner free utility app and run it. It searches and removes all files and registry keys that belong to the adware virus category.
- Click “Scan”.
- When scanning is finished, click “Clean” to remove all viruses.
- Click “Ok” to reboot the computer. After rebooting, check if the virus is still in the browser. Perhaps, it’s already removed and everything is fine. If it is not, take Step 3.
Step 3. Uninstall Clever Seek from your browser
Remove Clever Seek from Google Chrome
- Right-click on the Google Chrome shortcut and choose “properties”.
- In the “Target” field, remove everything going after “C:\Program Files\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe” and click “ok”.
- Choose “Settings” in the Chrome menu.
- In the “Extensions” tab, look for any extension that contains “Clever Seek” in its name and remove it by clicking the Recycle Bin. Also remove all suspicious extensions that you didn’t install.
- In the “Settings” tab, find the “On startup” block, uncheck “Open a specific page or set of pages.”, click “Set pages”, enter google. Com in the new field, and click “ok”.
- In the “Search” tab, click “manage search engines” and remove everything except google.com.
- If it didn’t work – use Clever Seek removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Google Chrome faster.
Uninstall Clever Seek from Firefox
- Right-click the Firefox shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe” in the “target” field and click “ok”.
- Enter Firefox. Tools -> add-ons.
- Remove all suspicious extensions.
- Tools options -> general. Type google. Com in the “Home page” field (“Startup” block).
- Choose Google as your default search engine in the “Search” tab.
If it didn’t work – use Clever Seek removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Firefox faster.
Uninstall Clever Seek from Internet Explorer
- Right-click the Internet explorer shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe” in the “Target” field and click “ok”.
- Enter internet explorer -> tool -> manage Add-ons.
- Remove all extensions that you didn’t install. You can remove everything.
- Tools -> internet options, type google. Com in the upper field.
- Click “Settings” in the same window of the “Search” block and remove everything except Google. Com and Bing. Com from the list.
If it didn’t work – use Clever Seek removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Internet Explorer faster.
Uninstall Clever Seek from Safari
- Right-click the safari shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Safari” in the “Target” field and click “ok”.
- Click the Settings button in the upper right corner and select Reset Safari.
- Check all boxes and click OK.
What should I do to protect my PC from Clever Seek?
Below you can see the recommendations that would help you prevent Clever Seek installation and browser infection. Don’t hesitate to share our tips with your family and friends as they will definitely allow you to keep the PC secured from Clever Seek and any other malicious software:
- Do not install software of dubious origins especially if you found them from the websites you do not know well. People often make the common mistake and just download the program they were searching for. Unfortunately, eventually this downloaded program turns out to be dangerous.
- Consider your intuition! When a website seems to be suspicious – for example, it works slowly or there are too many bright banners – it is better for you to close it. And remember to scan your computer for viruses!
- Keep attention during the entire process of installation. Try not to miss a single window and a single radiobutton. Untick all things which are not relevant for you and you do not want to install them.
- Even if you do not recall downloading anything it would be reasonable to scan your system for viruses at least once a week.
|Method to uninstall||Price|
|Computer repair shop||$95-$140|
|Probability of Data theft||98,6%|
|Self-active Launch in OS||87,6%|
|Manual removal effectiveness||63,1%|
|Free Antivirus removal||22,3%|
|Paid Antivirus removal||98,3%|
|Infection Risk (USA)||6,2%|
|Risk of infection (Europe)||6,1%|
Complete removal of Clever Seek
Spyhunter is probably the most powerful malware uninstaller that easily and quickly removes all kinds of adware and malware including the apps which remain invisible for your antivirus software. Spyhunter will be helpful if you do not how to delete Clever Seek yourself. It guarantees the highest level of safety of your computer due to regular updating of the signature base.
How to uninstall Clever Seek (video removal guide)
About Author: Material provided by: Averina lab