How to remove (uninstall) Coin-Hive.com adware - tips from Averina.com
What Is Coin-Hive.com?
Coin-Hive.com is adware that can infest your PC. As adware is installed automatically it will change the home page in browser and bring lots of ads to it. It could be a great challenge to entirely delete this virus because its components are stored in the registry. This application is typically downloaded together with free software, torrent files, unofficial patches for PC games and other shareware files. Actually, it is another way to get more money for certain owners of websites – they merely add dangerous software into the build and promote it. A file downloader is an application that provides a user with the sought file, but it also brings different ad offers that are known to users: malware with annoying pop-up ads in a browser, redirected links, applications setting a new browser starting page and so on. By the way, Coin-Hive.com is true malware.
How to remove Coin-Hive.com Easily
There are a lot of techniques to uninstall Coin-Hive.com from the computer. You can look through the page completely and choose the effective removal technique. If we speak about the most effective and the promptest technique of removal, so I should say about the utilities that will help. As many specialists say, it is better to download and run effective Coin-Hive.com Removal Tool. Removal application that was released for a single type of computer infections is the most active. It is also possible to download any other antimalware that has Coin-Hive.com in the signature base. The antivirus software that I recommend you (Spyhunter 4) will detect and uninstall Coin-Hive.com absolutely, you are welcome to install it clicking this download button.
- It removes Coin-Hive.com right now. Forever.
- This anti-malware software will protect your computer against future infections.
- It provides professional real-time protection from malware, adware, spyware and other viruses.
- 24/7 professional support
[Not a valid template]
Manual Coin-Hive.com removing
Step 1. Uninstall Coin-Hive.com from your computer. Manual for Windows 7, 8, 10 and XP
- Enter “Computer” on the desktop and choose “Uninstall or change a program”.
- In the program folder, look for all programs that contain Coin-Hive.com in their names. Remove them by clicking “uninstall’ and remove all suspicious programs that contain search, toolbar and others in their names.
Step 2. Clean the registry
- Download adwcleaner free utility app and run it. It searches and removes all files and registry keys that belong to the adware virus category.
- Click “Scan”.
- When scanning is finished, click “Clean” to remove all viruses.
- Click “Ok” to reboot the computer. After rebooting, check if the virus is still in the browser. Perhaps, it’s already removed and everything is fine. If it is not, take Step 3.
Step 3. Uninstall Coin-Hive.com from your browser
Remove Coin-Hive.com from Google Chrome
- Right-click on the Google Chrome shortcut and choose “properties”.
- In the “Target” field, remove everything going after “C:\Program Files\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe” and click “ok”.
- Choose “Settings” in the Chrome menu.
- In the “Extensions” tab, look for any extension that contains “Coin-Hive.com” in its name and remove it by clicking the Recycle Bin. Also remove all suspicious extensions that you didn’t install.
- In the “Settings” tab, find the “On startup” block, uncheck “Open a specific page or set of pages.”, click “Set pages”, enter google. Com in the new field, and click “ok”.
- In the “Search” tab, click “manage search engines” and remove everything except google.com.
- If it didn’t work – use Coin-Hive.com removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Google Chrome faster.
Uninstall Coin-Hive.com from Firefox
- Right-click the Firefox shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe” in the “target” field and click “ok”.
- Enter Firefox. Tools -> add-ons.
- Remove all suspicious extensions.
- Tools options -> general. Type google. Com in the “Home page” field (“Startup” block).
- Choose Google as your default search engine in the “Search” tab.
If it didn’t work – use Coin-Hive.com removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Firefox faster.
Uninstall Coin-Hive.com from Internet Explorer
- Right-click the Internet explorer shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe” in the “Target” field and click “ok”.
- Enter internet explorer -> tool -> manage Add-ons.
- Remove all extensions that you didn’t install. You can remove everything.
- Tools -> internet options, type google. Com in the upper field.
- Click “Settings” in the same window of the “Search” block and remove everything except Google. Com and Bing. Com from the list.
If it didn’t work – use Coin-Hive.com removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Internet Explorer faster.
Uninstall Coin-Hive.com from Safari
- Right-click the safari shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Safari” in the “Target” field and click “ok”.
- Click the Settings button in the upper right corner and select Reset Safari.
- Check all boxes and click OK.
What should I do to protect my PC from Coin-Hive.com?
Here you will see some recommendations which would help you avoid Coin-Hive.com installation and issues with browser. Feel free to send those tips with your friends and family members as they will certainly help you keep your PC secured from Coin-Hive.com and any other malicious software:
- Do not install dubious programs especially if you found them from the websites you do not know well. People quite often commit the same mistake and just download the program they were searching for. Unfortunately, later this downloaded program appears to be malicious.
- Consider your intuition! If a website looks malicious – for instance, it functions slowly or there are too many colorful banners – we recommend you to close it. And don’t forget to scan your PC for viruses afterwards!
- Be attentive during the entire process of installation. Get sure you haven’t missed a single line and a single checkbox. Untick all checkboxes which don’t seem relevant for you and you don’t want to install.
- And even in case if you don’t remember downloading anything it would make sense to scan your system for adware and viruses every week.
|Method to uninstall||Price|
|Computer repair shop||$95-$140|
|Probability of Data theft||76,5%|
|Self-active Launch in OS||44,8%|
|Manual removal effectiveness||63,1%|
|Free Antivirus removal||23,5%|
|Paid Antivirus removal||81,5%|
|Infection Risk (USA)||7,0%|
|Risk of infection (Europe)||6,1%|
100% Coin-Hive.com Removal
Spyhunter is probably the most efficient malware eliminator that permanently deletes all types of malware and even the apps remaining invisible for your antivirus software. Spyhunter will be irreplaceable if you did not manage to remove Coin-Hive.com yourself. It provides the highest level of safety of your system thanks to regular updating of the base of viruses.
How to uninstall Coin-Hive.com (video removal guide)
About Author: Material provided by: Averina lab