How to remove (uninstall) CommentsPlus ads - tips from Averina.com
What Is CommentsPlus?
CommentsPlus is a harmful advertising program. As adware is installed it will change the home page in browser and add lots of annoying ads to it. It could be a great challenge to entirely delete this virus because its components are saved to the registry. Most users usually get such harmful app in the package with free software or with torrent files from the places they are not sure about. Frankly speaking, it is another way to earn more money for certain owners of websites – they merely add malware into the file of installation and publish it. A file downloader is an application providing a user with the sought file, nevertheless it also installs different offers that are well-known to any user: unneeded software with irritating pop-up ads in the browser, redirected links, applications changing browser starting page and so on. By the way, CommentsPlus is true malware.
How to remove CommentsPlus Easily
There are many techniques to uninstall CommentsPlus from the system. You can read the article completely and perform the effective method. If we speak about the most effective and the fastest method of removal, so I should say about the software that will delete the undesired program. As many specialists say, it is better to find and launch efficient CommentsPlus Removal Tool. Removal application that was released especially for a individual kind of computer infections is the most effective. It is also possible to download any other antivirus program that has CommentsPlus in the signature base. The removal tool that I advise you (Spyhunter 4) will find and remove CommentsPlus absolutely, you are welcome to get it using this button.
- It removes CommentsPlus right now. Forever.
- This anti-malware software will protect your computer against future infections.
- It provides professional real-time protection from malware, adware, spyware and other viruses.
- 24/7 professional support
[Not a valid template]
Manual CommentsPlus removing
Step 1. Uninstall CommentsPlus from your computer. Manual for Windows 7, 8, 10 and XP
- Enter “Computer” on the desktop and choose “Uninstall or change a program”.
- In the program folder, look for all programs that contain CommentsPlus in their names. Remove them by clicking “uninstall’ and remove all suspicious programs that contain search, toolbar and others in their names.
Step 2. Clean the registry
- Download adwcleaner free utility app and run it. It searches and removes all files and registry keys that belong to the adware virus category.
- Click “Scan”.
- When scanning is finished, click “Clean” to remove all viruses.
- Click “Ok” to reboot the computer. After rebooting, check if the virus is still in the browser. Perhaps, it’s already removed and everything is fine. If it is not, take Step 3.
Step 3. Uninstall CommentsPlus from your browser
Remove CommentsPlus from Google Chrome
- Right-click on the Google Chrome shortcut and choose “properties”.
- In the “Target” field, remove everything going after “C:\Program Files\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe” and click “ok”.
- Choose “Settings” in the Chrome menu.
- In the “Extensions” tab, look for any extension that contains “CommentsPlus” in its name and remove it by clicking the Recycle Bin. Also remove all suspicious extensions that you didn’t install.
- In the “Settings” tab, find the “On startup” block, uncheck “Open a specific page or set of pages.”, click “Set pages”, enter google. Com in the new field, and click “ok”.
- In the “Search” tab, click “manage search engines” and remove everything except google.com.
- If it didn’t work – use CommentsPlus removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Google Chrome faster.
Uninstall CommentsPlus from Firefox
- Right-click the Firefox shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe” in the “target” field and click “ok”.
- Enter Firefox. Tools -> add-ons.
- Remove all suspicious extensions.
- Tools options -> general. Type google. Com in the “Home page” field (“Startup” block).
- Choose Google as your default search engine in the “Search” tab.
If it didn’t work – use CommentsPlus removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Firefox faster.
Uninstall CommentsPlus from Internet Explorer
- Right-click the Internet explorer shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe” in the “Target” field and click “ok”.
- Enter internet explorer -> tool -> manage Add-ons.
- Remove all extensions that you didn’t install. You can remove everything.
- Tools -> internet options, type google. Com in the upper field.
- Click “Settings” in the same window of the “Search” block and remove everything except Google. Com and Bing. Com from the list.
If it didn’t work – use CommentsPlus removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Internet Explorer faster.
Uninstall CommentsPlus from Safari
- Right-click the safari shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Safari” in the “Target” field and click “ok”.
- Click the Settings button in the upper right corner and select Reset Safari.
- Check all boxes and click OK.
What should I do to protect my PC from CommentsPlus?
Below you will see some tips which would help you avoid installation of CommentsPlus and browser infection. Don’t hesitate to share those tips with your friends and family members just because they will really allow you to keep the PC safe and protected from CommentsPlus and other malicious software:
- Do not install dubious software especially if you got them from the web pages you don’t know. People often make the same mistake and just download the app they need. Unfortunately, eventually this program appears to be malicious.
- Don’t ignore your intuition! When a website seems to be malicious – for example, it functions slowly or it is literally made of colorful banners – we recommend you to close it. And remember to scan your computer for viruses!
- Keep attention during the the whole process of software installation. Try not to miss a single line and a single checkbox. Uncheck all things which are irrelevant for you and you don’t want to install them.
- Even in case if you do not recall downloading anything it would be smart to scan your computer for viruses and malicious software at least once a week.
|Method to uninstall||Price|
|Computer repair shop||$95-$140|
|Probability of Data theft||62,4%|
|Self-active Launch in OS||88,2%|
|Manual removal effectiveness||13,5%|
|Free Antivirus removal||23,5%|
|Paid Antivirus removal||99,1%|
|Infection Risk (USA)||6,8%|
|Risk of infection (Europe)||1,2%|
100% CommentsPlus Removal
Spyhunter is the most effective malware uninstaller that easily and quickly deletes all kinds of malicious applications and even the programs that are invisible for your antivirus. Spyhunter will be helpful if you did not manage to delete CommentsPlus manually as well. It guarantees the best level protection to your system due to regular updating of the base of signatures.
How to uninstall CommentsPlus (video removal guide)
About Author: Material provided by: Averina lab