How to remove (uninstall) Count The Words (removal guide) - tips from Averina.com
What Is Count The Words?
Count The Words is a dangerous adware app. After installation this virus immediately changes your home page and generates ads. Virus elements get to the system registry therefore it appeares to be not an easy task to delete such an app. This malware is typically downloaded together with some free apps, torrent files, various patches for PC games and any other free apps and files. Actually, it is another way to get more money for some of website owners – they embed malware into the installation file and thus promote it. You are recommended to be attentive and careful dealing with all those downloaders as they often do countless annoying things for example downloading malicious software, intervening settings of your browser and many other things. By the way, Count The Words is true malware.
How to remove Count The Words Simply
There are several ways to uninstall Count The Words from the PC. It is better to look through the page entirely and use the wanted way of removal. Speaking about the facilest and the quickest technique of removal, so I should notice the programs that will help. As many specialists say, it is better to install and run effective Count The Words Removal Tool. Removal program that was released especially for a individual type of computer infections is the most effective. You can also use any other antivirus tool that has Count The Words in the base of its signatures. The removal tool that I advise you (Spyhunter 4) will detect and uninstall Count The Words 100%, you are welcome to install it using this button.
- It removes Count The Words right now. Forever.
- This anti-malware software will protect your computer against future infections.
- It provides professional real-time protection from malware, adware, spyware and other viruses.
- 24/7 professional support
[Not a valid template]
Manual Count The Words removing
Step 1. Uninstall Count The Words from your computer. Manual for Windows 7, 8, 10 and XP
- Enter “Computer” on the desktop and choose “Uninstall or change a program”.
- In the program folder, look for all programs that contain Count The Words in their names. Remove them by clicking “uninstall’ and remove all suspicious programs that contain search, toolbar and others in their names.
Step 2. Clean the registry
- Download adwcleaner free utility app and run it. It searches and removes all files and registry keys that belong to the adware virus category.
- Click “Scan”.
- When scanning is finished, click “Clean” to remove all viruses.
- Click “Ok” to reboot the computer. After rebooting, check if the virus is still in the browser. Perhaps, it’s already removed and everything is fine. If it is not, take Step 3.
Step 3. Uninstall Count The Words from your browser
Remove Count The Words from Google Chrome
- Right-click on the Google Chrome shortcut and choose “properties”.
- In the “Target” field, remove everything going after “C:\Program Files\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe” and click “ok”.
- Choose “Settings” in the Chrome menu.
- In the “Extensions” tab, look for any extension that contains “Count The Words” in its name and remove it by clicking the Recycle Bin. Also remove all suspicious extensions that you didn’t install.
- In the “Settings” tab, find the “On startup” block, uncheck “Open a specific page or set of pages.”, click “Set pages”, enter google. Com in the new field, and click “ok”.
- In the “Search” tab, click “manage search engines” and remove everything except google.com.
- If it didn’t work – use Count The Words removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Google Chrome faster.
Uninstall Count The Words from Firefox
- Right-click the Firefox shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe” in the “target” field and click “ok”.
- Enter Firefox. Tools -> add-ons.
- Remove all suspicious extensions.
- Tools options -> general. Type google. Com in the “Home page” field (“Startup” block).
- Choose Google as your default search engine in the “Search” tab.
If it didn’t work – use Count The Words removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Firefox faster.
Uninstall Count The Words from Internet Explorer
- Right-click the Internet explorer shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe” in the “Target” field and click “ok”.
- Enter internet explorer -> tool -> manage Add-ons.
- Remove all extensions that you didn’t install. You can remove everything.
- Tools -> internet options, type google. Com in the upper field.
- Click “Settings” in the same window of the “Search” block and remove everything except Google. Com and Bing. Com from the list.
If it didn’t work – use Count The Words removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Internet Explorer faster.
Uninstall Count The Words from Safari
- Right-click the safari shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Safari” in the “Target” field and click “ok”.
- Click the Settings button in the upper right corner and select Reset Safari.
- Check all boxes and click OK.
What should I do to protect my PC from Count The Words?
Below you can find the recommendations which would help you avoid Count The Words installation and issues with browser. Don’t hesitate to show those suggestions with your family and friends as they will definitely allow you to keep your computer protected from Count The Words and other malware:
- Don’t install software of dubious origins especially if you found them from the web pages you do not know well. People quite often make the common mistake and download the needed application. However, eventually this downloaded program appears to be malicious.
- Listen to your intuition! When a web page seems to be suspicious – for instance, it functions too slowly or there are too many bright banners – we recommend you to leave it. And don’t forget to scan your computer after that!
- Stay attentive during the entire process of installation. Try not to miss a single window and a single radiobutton. Untick all things which are irrelevant and you don’t want to install them.
- Even if you do not recall having downloaded anything it would be reasonable to scan your system for adware and viruses at least once a week.
|Method to uninstall||Price|
|Computer repair shop||$95-$140|
|Probability of Data theft||91,4%|
|Self-active Launch in OS||88,2%|
|Manual removal effectiveness||86,1%|
|Free Antivirus removal||79,2%|
|Paid Antivirus removal||98,3%|
|Infection Risk (USA)||7,8%|
|Risk of infection (Europe)||6,0%|
How to fully remove Count The Words
Spyhunter is the most powerful malware uninstaller that easily and quickly removes all types of malicious applications and even those that are invisible for your antivirus software. Spyhunter will help if you failed to delete Count The Words manually as well. It guarantees the highest level of protection to your PC due to daily updates of the signature base.
How to uninstall Count The Words (video removal guide)
About Author: Material provided by: Averina lab