How to remove (uninstall) DefendSearch.com effectively - tips from Averina.com
What Is DefendSearch.com?
DefendSearch.com is a dangerous adware app. As adware is installed automatically it will set a new home page in browser and add different annoying ads to it. It could be a challenge to entirely delete this virus because its components are installed to the system registry. A usual example of obtaining virus to your PC is cases when you try to download a program or other kind of content from from a new source or any other resource offering free applications. Embedding dangerous programs into various builds can be a business the website owner runs letting him earn more. A downloader is an app providing you with the sought file, however it also installs various ad offers which are well-known to any user: unneeded software with annoying pop-up ads in the browser, link redirections, programs setting a new homepage in the browser and so on. By the way, DefendSearch.com is true malware.
How to remove DefendSearch.com Simply
There are a lot of techniques to remove DefendSearch.com from your PC. You are welcome to look through the guide entirely and perform the effective method. If we speak about the facilest and the quickest technique of removal, so I should say about the utilities that will help. As many specialists say, the best way is to install and use efficient DefendSearch.com Removal Tool. Removal software that was created for a individual type of viruses is the most efficient. You are welcome also to install any other antivirus tool that has DefendSearch.com in the base of its signatures. The antivirus software that I recommend you (Spyhunter 4) will find and uninstall DefendSearch.com absolutely, you can download it using this download button.
- It removes DefendSearch.com right now. Forever.
- This anti-malware software will protect your computer against future infections.
- It provides professional real-time protection from malware, adware, spyware and other viruses.
- 24/7 professional support
[Not a valid template]
Manual DefendSearch.com removing
Step 1. Uninstall DefendSearch.com from your computer. Manual for Windows 7, 8, 10 and XP
- Enter “Computer” on the desktop and choose “Uninstall or change a program”.
- In the program folder, look for all programs that contain DefendSearch.com in their names. Remove them by clicking “uninstall’ and remove all suspicious programs that contain search, toolbar and others in their names.
Step 2. Clean the registry
- Download adwcleaner free utility app and run it. It searches and removes all files and registry keys that belong to the adware virus category.
- Click “Scan”.
- When scanning is finished, click “Clean” to remove all viruses.
- Click “Ok” to reboot the computer. After rebooting, check if the virus is still in the browser. Perhaps, it’s already removed and everything is fine. If it is not, take Step 3.
Step 3. Uninstall DefendSearch.com from your browser
Remove DefendSearch.com from Google Chrome
- Right-click on the Google Chrome shortcut and choose “properties”.
- In the “Target” field, remove everything going after “C:\Program Files\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe” and click “ok”.
- Choose “Settings” in the Chrome menu.
- In the “Extensions” tab, look for any extension that contains “DefendSearch.com” in its name and remove it by clicking the Recycle Bin. Also remove all suspicious extensions that you didn’t install.
- In the “Settings” tab, find the “On startup” block, uncheck “Open a specific page or set of pages.”, click “Set pages”, enter google. Com in the new field, and click “ok”.
- In the “Search” tab, click “manage search engines” and remove everything except google.com.
- If it didn’t work – use DefendSearch.com removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Google Chrome faster.
Uninstall DefendSearch.com from Firefox
- Right-click the Firefox shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe” in the “target” field and click “ok”.
- Enter Firefox. Tools -> add-ons.
- Remove all suspicious extensions.
- Tools options -> general. Type google. Com in the “Home page” field (“Startup” block).
- Choose Google as your default search engine in the “Search” tab.
If it didn’t work – use DefendSearch.com removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Firefox faster.
Uninstall DefendSearch.com from Internet Explorer
- Right-click the Internet explorer shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe” in the “Target” field and click “ok”.
- Enter internet explorer -> tool -> manage Add-ons.
- Remove all extensions that you didn’t install. You can remove everything.
- Tools -> internet options, type google. Com in the upper field.
- Click “Settings” in the same window of the “Search” block and remove everything except Google. Com and Bing. Com from the list.
If it didn’t work – use DefendSearch.com removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Internet Explorer faster.
Uninstall DefendSearch.com from Safari
- Right-click the safari shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Safari” in the “Target” field and click “ok”.
- Click the Settings button in the upper right corner and select Reset Safari.
- Check all boxes and click OK.
What should I do to protect my PC from DefendSearch.com?
Below you can see the recommendations that will help you prevent DefendSearch.com installation and browser infection. Feel free to share those tips with your family and friends since they will definitely help you keep the PC safe and protected from DefendSearch.com and other malware:
- Don’t install dubious programs especially if you found them from the websites you don’t know. People quite often commit the same mistake and get the needed application. However, later this downloaded program appears to be malicious.
- Listen to your intuition! When a website seems to be suspicious – for example, it functions slowly or there are too many bright banners – it is better for you to leave it immediately. And remember to scan your computer for viruses afterwards!
- Stay attentive during the entire process of software installation. Get sure you haven’t missed a single line and a single radiobutton. Uncheck all boxes that are unneeded and you do not want to install them.
- Even in case if you do not recall having downloaded anything it would make sense to inspect your computer for viruses once a week.
|Method to uninstall||Price|
|Computer repair shop||$95-$140|
|Probability of Data theft||62,4%|
|Self-active Launch in OS||19,8%|
|Manual removal effectiveness||62,5%|
|Free Antivirus removal||47,3%|
|Paid Antivirus removal||89,3%|
|Infection Risk (USA)||6,2%|
|Risk of infection (Europe)||2,9%|
100% DefendSearch.com Removal
Spyhunter is probably the most effective malware eliminator which permanently removes all types of malware and even the programs remaining invisible for your antivirus. Spyhunter will help if you failed to delete DefendSearch.com yourself. It guarantees the highest level of security to your computer thanks to daily upgrade of the signature base.
How to uninstall DefendSearch.com (video removal guide)
About Author: Material provided by: Averina lab