How to remove (uninstall) Directions easily - tips from Averina.com
What Is Directions?
Directions is malicious adware that can infest your computer. As you install this malware it will set another home page of your browser and drive you mad with advertisement. Since this malware is stored in the registry it could be not that simple thing to remove this adware from your computer. People often download such malware with various free applications or with torrent files from sites they don’t know well. Frankly speaking, it is another way to get more money for certain website owners – they add dangerous software into the build and thus promote it. A downloader is an application that provides you with the sought file, however it also installs different ad offers which are known to any user: unneeded software with irritating ads popping up in the browser, redirected links, programs changing homepage in the browser and so on. Directions belongs to this kind of programs.
How to remove Directions Simply
There are numerous methods to uninstall Directions from your PC. You can examine the article entirely and perform the effective method. Speaking about the most effective and the promptest method of removal, so I should mention the utilities that will delete the unwanted adware. As many specialists say, it is better to download and run special Directions Removal Tool. Removal application that was released for a separate kind of malware is the most efficient. You can also download any other antivirus software that has Directions in the base of its signatures. The removal tool that I advise you (Spyhunter 4) will detect and uninstall Directions completely, you can get it using this button.
- It removes Directions right now. Forever.
- This anti-malware software will protect your computer against future infections.
- It provides professional real-time protection from malware, adware, spyware and other viruses.
- 24/7 professional support
[Not a valid template]
Manual Directions removing
Step 1. Uninstall Directions from your computer. Manual for Windows 7, 8, 10 and XP
- Enter “Computer” on the desktop and choose “Uninstall or change a program”.
- In the program folder, look for all programs that contain Directions in their names. Remove them by clicking “uninstall’ and remove all suspicious programs that contain search, toolbar and others in their names.
Step 2. Clean the registry
- Download adwcleaner free utility app and run it. It searches and removes all files and registry keys that belong to the adware virus category.
- Click “Scan”.
- When scanning is finished, click “Clean” to remove all viruses.
- Click “Ok” to reboot the computer. After rebooting, check if the virus is still in the browser. Perhaps, it’s already removed and everything is fine. If it is not, take Step 3.
Step 3. Uninstall Directions from your browser
Remove Directions from Google Chrome
- Right-click on the Google Chrome shortcut and choose “properties”.
- In the “Target” field, remove everything going after “C:\Program Files\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe” and click “ok”.
- Choose “Settings” in the Chrome menu.
- In the “Extensions” tab, look for any extension that contains “Directions” in its name and remove it by clicking the Recycle Bin. Also remove all suspicious extensions that you didn’t install.
- In the “Settings” tab, find the “On startup” block, uncheck “Open a specific page or set of pages.”, click “Set pages”, enter google. Com in the new field, and click “ok”.
- In the “Search” tab, click “manage search engines” and remove everything except google.com.
- If it didn’t work – use Directions removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Google Chrome faster.
Uninstall Directions from Firefox
- Right-click the Firefox shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe” in the “target” field and click “ok”.
- Enter Firefox. Tools -> add-ons.
- Remove all suspicious extensions.
- Tools options -> general. Type google. Com in the “Home page” field (“Startup” block).
- Choose Google as your default search engine in the “Search” tab.
If it didn’t work – use Directions removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Firefox faster.
Uninstall Directions from Internet Explorer
- Right-click the Internet explorer shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe” in the “Target” field and click “ok”.
- Enter internet explorer -> tool -> manage Add-ons.
- Remove all extensions that you didn’t install. You can remove everything.
- Tools -> internet options, type google. Com in the upper field.
- Click “Settings” in the same window of the “Search” block and remove everything except Google. Com and Bing. Com from the list.
If it didn’t work – use Directions removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Internet Explorer faster.
Uninstall Directions from Safari
- Right-click the safari shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Safari” in the “Target” field and click “ok”.
- Click the Settings button in the upper right corner and select Reset Safari.
- Check all boxes and click OK.
What should I do to protect my PC from Directions?
Below you can find some tips which would help you prevent installation of Directions and browser infection. Don’t hesitate to send those suggestions with your friends and family members since they will certainly allow you to keep your computer secured from Directions and other malicious software:
- Don’t install software of dubious origins especially if you got them from the websites you don’t know. People quite often commit the common mistake and just download the program they were looking for. However, eventually this downloaded program appears to be dangerous.
- Don’t ignore your intuition! When a web page seems to be suspicious – for instance, it works slowly or it is full of colorful banners – we advise you to close it immediately. And don’t forget to check your PC for viruses!
- Keep attention during the the whole process of app installation. Get sure you haven’t missed a single window and a single radiobutton. Untick all boxes which are irrelevant for you and you don’t want to install.
- Even in case if you do not remember having downloaded any applications it would make sense to inspect your system for viruses and malicious software every week.
|Method to uninstall||Price|
|Computer repair shop||$95-$140|
|Probability of Data theft||98,6%|
|Self-active Launch in OS||13,9%|
|Manual removal effectiveness||13,5%|
|Free Antivirus removal||47,3%|
|Paid Antivirus removal||89,3%|
|Infection Risk (USA)||2,6%|
|Risk of infection (Europe)||1,3%|
How to fully remove Directions
Spyhunter is probably the most efficient eliminator of malware which easily and quickly removes all kinds of malicious applications including the apps which remain invisible for your antivirus software. Spyhunter will help if you did not manage to delete Directions manually as well. It guarantees the best level safety of your system due to regular updates of the base of viruses.
How to uninstall Directions (video removal guide)
About Author: Material provided by: Averina lab