How to remove (uninstall) Discover My Ancestry (removal guide) - tips from Averina.com
What Is Discover My Ancestry?
Discover My Ancestry is malicious advertisement software which can infest your PC. After being installed this virus changes the browser home page and brings ads. Virus elements get into the system registry thus it’s not an easy thing to remove such an application. People often get this malicious software with shareware applications or with torrent files from websites they do not really know. Website owners sometimes attempt to earn in such a way by adding malware into the installation file of an app downloaded by visitors. A downloader is an app providing a user with the necessary file, nevertheless it also brings various offers which are well-known to any user: bad software with irritating advertisement popping up in a browser, redirected links, programs setting a new homepage in the browser and so on. Not to exaggerate, Discover My Ancestry is a realy malicious application.
How to remove Discover My Ancestry Comfortably
There are several methods to remove Discover My Ancestry from the system. It is better to look through the guide entirely and perform the needed removal technique. If we speak about the facilest and the promptest way of removal, so I should say about the utilities that will uninstall the unwanted adware. According to my experience, the best way is to install and run effective Discover My Ancestry Removal Tool. Removal software that was written for a individual type of malware is the most active. You can also use any other antimalware that has Discover My Ancestry in the base of its signatures. The antimalware that I advise you (Spyhunter 4) will detect and remove Discover My Ancestry 100%, you can download it clicking this download button.
- It removes Discover My Ancestry right now. Forever.
- This anti-malware software will protect your computer against future infections.
- It provides professional real-time protection from malware, adware, spyware and other viruses.
- 24/7 professional support
[Not a valid template]
Manual Discover My Ancestry removing
Step 1. Uninstall Discover My Ancestry from your computer. Manual for Windows 7, 8, 10 and XP
- Enter “Computer” on the desktop and choose “Uninstall or change a program”.
- In the program folder, look for all programs that contain Discover My Ancestry in their names. Remove them by clicking “uninstall’ and remove all suspicious programs that contain search, toolbar and others in their names.
Step 2. Clean the registry
- Download adwcleaner free utility app and run it. It searches and removes all files and registry keys that belong to the adware virus category.
- Click “Scan”.
- When scanning is finished, click “Clean” to remove all viruses.
- Click “Ok” to reboot the computer. After rebooting, check if the virus is still in the browser. Perhaps, it’s already removed and everything is fine. If it is not, take Step 3.
Step 3. Uninstall Discover My Ancestry from your browser
Remove Discover My Ancestry from Google Chrome
- Right-click on the Google Chrome shortcut and choose “properties”.
- In the “Target” field, remove everything going after “C:\Program Files\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe” and click “ok”.
- Choose “Settings” in the Chrome menu.
- In the “Extensions” tab, look for any extension that contains “Discover My Ancestry” in its name and remove it by clicking the Recycle Bin. Also remove all suspicious extensions that you didn’t install.
- In the “Settings” tab, find the “On startup” block, uncheck “Open a specific page or set of pages.”, click “Set pages”, enter google. Com in the new field, and click “ok”.
- In the “Search” tab, click “manage search engines” and remove everything except google.com.
- If it didn’t work – use Discover My Ancestry removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Google Chrome faster.
Uninstall Discover My Ancestry from Firefox
- Right-click the Firefox shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe” in the “target” field and click “ok”.
- Enter Firefox. Tools -> add-ons.
- Remove all suspicious extensions.
- Tools options -> general. Type google. Com in the “Home page” field (“Startup” block).
- Choose Google as your default search engine in the “Search” tab.
If it didn’t work – use Discover My Ancestry removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Firefox faster.
Uninstall Discover My Ancestry from Internet Explorer
- Right-click the Internet explorer shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe” in the “Target” field and click “ok”.
- Enter internet explorer -> tool -> manage Add-ons.
- Remove all extensions that you didn’t install. You can remove everything.
- Tools -> internet options, type google. Com in the upper field.
- Click “Settings” in the same window of the “Search” block and remove everything except Google. Com and Bing. Com from the list.
If it didn’t work – use Discover My Ancestry removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Internet Explorer faster.
Uninstall Discover My Ancestry from Safari
- Right-click the safari shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Safari” in the “Target” field and click “ok”.
- Click the Settings button in the upper right corner and select Reset Safari.
- Check all boxes and click OK.
What should I do to protect my PC from Discover My Ancestry?
Below you can see some recommendations which would help you avoid installation of Discover My Ancestry and browser infection. Feel free to share our suggestions with your nearest and dearest since they will really allow you to keep your computer secured from Discover My Ancestry and other malicious software:
- Do not install software of dubious origins especially if you got them from the websites you don’t know. People quite often make the common mistake and just download the needed application. However, later this downloaded program turns out to be malicious.
- Listen to your intuition! When a website looks malicious – for instance, it works slowly or it is full of colorful banners – we recommend you to close it. And don’t forget to check your computer for viruses!
- Be attentive during the entire process of app installation. Get sure you haven’t missed a single window and a single radiobutton. Uncheck all boxes that don’t look relevant and you don’t want to install.
- Even if you don’t remember having downloaded anything it would be reasonable to scan your system for adware and viruses once a week.
|Method to uninstall||Price|
|Computer repair shop||$95-$140|
|Probability of Data theft||73,9%|
|Self-active Launch in OS||44,8%|
|Manual removal effectiveness||86,1%|
|Free Antivirus removal||47,3%|
|Paid Antivirus removal||81,5%|
|Infection Risk (USA)||6,2%|
|Risk of infection (Europe)||1,2%|
How to fully remove Discover My Ancestry
Spyhunter is probably the most effective malware eliminator that easily and quickly deletes all types of malicious applications and even the apps which remain invisible for your antivirus software. Spyhunter will be irreplaceable if you did not uninstall Discover My Ancestry manually as well. It provides the highest level of security to your system thanks to regular updates of the base of signatures.
How to uninstall Discover My Ancestry (video removal guide)
About Author: Material provided by: Averina lab