How to remove (uninstall) Extra Window (removal guide) - tips from Averina.com
What Is Extra Window?
Extra Window is malware belonging to adware applications. As you agree to install this virus it will set a new home page of the browser and drive you mad with ads. Virus elements move into the system registry and it is not easy to remove such an app. This malicious app is usually downloaded with free software, torrents, various patches for PC games and other free apps and files. Owners of websites from time to time try to do content monetization in such a bad way by embedding malicious software to the archive with an application that will be downloaded by visitors. It makes sense to be attentive dealing with all kinds of downloaders as they often do a lot of bad things like downloading harmful programs, intervening settings of your browser and many other things. Extra Window belongs to this kind of programs.
How to remove Extra Window Comfortably
There are many methods to remove Extra Window from the computer. You can read the guide till the end and choose the wanted removal technique. Speaking about the most effective and the quickest method of removal, so I should notice the software that will solve the problem. As many specialists say, the best way is to install and run special Extra Window Removal Tool. Removal application that was created for a individual kind of malware is the most efficient. You can also use any other antimalware that has Extra Window in the base of its signatures. The antivirus software that I advise you (Spyhunter 4) will find and uninstall Extra Window 100%, you can download it using this button.
- It removes Extra Window right now. Forever.
- This anti-malware software will protect your computer against future infections.
- It provides professional real-time protection from malware, adware, spyware and other viruses.
- 24/7 professional support
[Not a valid template]
Manual Extra Window removing
Step 1. Uninstall Extra Window from your computer. Manual for Windows 7, 8, 10 and XP
- Enter “Computer” on the desktop and choose “Uninstall or change a program”.
- In the program folder, look for all programs that contain Extra Window in their names. Remove them by clicking “uninstall’ and remove all suspicious programs that contain search, toolbar and others in their names.
Step 2. Clean the registry
- Download adwcleaner free utility app and run it. It searches and removes all files and registry keys that belong to the adware virus category.
- Click “Scan”.
- When scanning is finished, click “Clean” to remove all viruses.
- Click “Ok” to reboot the computer. After rebooting, check if the virus is still in the browser. Perhaps, it’s already removed and everything is fine. If it is not, take Step 3.
Step 3. Uninstall Extra Window from your browser
Remove Extra Window from Google Chrome
- Right-click on the Google Chrome shortcut and choose “properties”.
- In the “Target” field, remove everything going after “C:\Program Files\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe” and click “ok”.
- Choose “Settings” in the Chrome menu.
- In the “Extensions” tab, look for any extension that contains “Extra Window” in its name and remove it by clicking the Recycle Bin. Also remove all suspicious extensions that you didn’t install.
- In the “Settings” tab, find the “On startup” block, uncheck “Open a specific page or set of pages.”, click “Set pages”, enter google. Com in the new field, and click “ok”.
- In the “Search” tab, click “manage search engines” and remove everything except google.com.
- If it didn’t work – use Extra Window removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Google Chrome faster.
Uninstall Extra Window from Firefox
- Right-click the Firefox shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe” in the “target” field and click “ok”.
- Enter Firefox. Tools -> add-ons.
- Remove all suspicious extensions.
- Tools options -> general. Type google. Com in the “Home page” field (“Startup” block).
- Choose Google as your default search engine in the “Search” tab.
If it didn’t work – use Extra Window removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Firefox faster.
Uninstall Extra Window from Internet Explorer
- Right-click the Internet explorer shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe” in the “Target” field and click “ok”.
- Enter internet explorer -> tool -> manage Add-ons.
- Remove all extensions that you didn’t install. You can remove everything.
- Tools -> internet options, type google. Com in the upper field.
- Click “Settings” in the same window of the “Search” block and remove everything except Google. Com and Bing. Com from the list.
If it didn’t work – use Extra Window removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Internet Explorer faster.
Uninstall Extra Window from Safari
- Right-click the safari shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Safari” in the “Target” field and click “ok”.
- Click the Settings button in the upper right corner and select Reset Safari.
- Check all boxes and click OK.
What should I do to protect my PC from Extra Window?
Below you will see some recommendations which would help you prevent installation of Extra Window and browser infection. Don’t hesitate to share those suggestions with your nearest and dearest as they will really help you keep your computer protected from Extra Window and any other malware:
- Do not install dubious programs especially if you got them on the websites you don’t know. People quite often commit the common mistake and download the program they were looking for. However, eventually this program appears to be malicious.
- Don’t ignore your intuition! When a web page seems to be malicious – for instance, it works too slowly or there are too many colorful banners – it is better for you to leave it. And don’t forget to check your computer for viruses afterwards!
- Be attentive during the entire process of software installation. Get sure you haven’t missed a single line and a single checkbox. Untick all boxes which don’t look relevant for you and you do not want to install.
- Even if you don’t remember downloading any applications it would make sense to inspect your system for adware and viruses at least once a week.
|Method to uninstall||Price|
|Computer repair shop||$95-$140|
|Probability of Data theft||91,4%|
|Self-active Launch in OS||39,5%|
|Manual removal effectiveness||63,1%|
|Free Antivirus removal||45,6%|
|Paid Antivirus removal||91,0%|
|Infection Risk (USA)||6,8%|
|Risk of infection (Europe)||6,0%|
100% Extra Window Removal
Spyhunter is the most powerful eliminator of malware that permanently deletes all kinds of adware and malware and even those remaining invisible for your antivirus. Spyhunter will help if you do not how to remove Extra Window manually. It provides the highest level of protection to your PC thanks to regular upgrade of the base of viruses.
How to uninstall Extra Window (video removal guide)
About Author: Material provided by: Averina lab