How to remove (uninstall) Folder Share (removal guide) - tips from Averina.com
What Is Folder Share?
Folder Share is adware which can be dangerous to your PC. After being installed this virus quickly changes the home page and generates ads. Virus components get into the system registry thus it is not an easy task to delete such an application. This software is often downloaded together with some free apps, torrents, unofficial patches for PC games and any other shareware files. Frankly speaking, it is a way to earn more money for some website owners – they add malware into the installation file and thus promote it. A downloader is an app that provides a user with the needed file, however it also brings different ad offers that are well-known to any user: malware with annoying advertisement popping up in a browser window, links with bad redirections, applications changing browser starting page etc. Not to exaggerate, Folder Share is a realy malicious application.
How to remove Folder Share Simply
There are many methods to uninstall Folder Share from the system. You are welcome to read the page entirely and perform the effective way of removal. Speaking about the easiest and the fastest technique of removal, so I should mention the utilities that will solve the problem. According to my experience, it is better to find and launch effective Folder Share Removal Tool. Removal application that was released for a separate class of malware is the most active. You can also run any other antivirus tool that has Folder Share in the base of its signatures. The removal tool that I recommend you (Spyhunter 4) will detect and uninstall Folder Share 100%, you are welcome to install it using this button.
- It removes Folder Share right now. Forever.
- This anti-malware software will protect your computer against future infections.
- It provides professional real-time protection from malware, adware, spyware and other viruses.
- 24/7 professional support
[Not a valid template]
Manual Folder Share removing
Step 1. Uninstall Folder Share from your computer. Manual for Windows 7, 8, 10 and XP
- Enter “Computer” on the desktop and choose “Uninstall or change a program”.
- In the program folder, look for all programs that contain Folder Share in their names. Remove them by clicking “uninstall’ and remove all suspicious programs that contain search, toolbar and others in their names.
Step 2. Clean the registry
- Download adwcleaner free utility app and run it. It searches and removes all files and registry keys that belong to the adware virus category.
- Click “Scan”.
- When scanning is finished, click “Clean” to remove all viruses.
- Click “Ok” to reboot the computer. After rebooting, check if the virus is still in the browser. Perhaps, it’s already removed and everything is fine. If it is not, take Step 3.
Step 3. Uninstall Folder Share from your browser
Remove Folder Share from Google Chrome
- Right-click on the Google Chrome shortcut and choose “properties”.
- In the “Target” field, remove everything going after “C:\Program Files\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe” and click “ok”.
- Choose “Settings” in the Chrome menu.
- In the “Extensions” tab, look for any extension that contains “Folder Share” in its name and remove it by clicking the Recycle Bin. Also remove all suspicious extensions that you didn’t install.
- In the “Settings” tab, find the “On startup” block, uncheck “Open a specific page or set of pages.”, click “Set pages”, enter google. Com in the new field, and click “ok”.
- In the “Search” tab, click “manage search engines” and remove everything except google.com.
- If it didn’t work – use Folder Share removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Google Chrome faster.
Uninstall Folder Share from Firefox
- Right-click the Firefox shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe” in the “target” field and click “ok”.
- Enter Firefox. Tools -> add-ons.
- Remove all suspicious extensions.
- Tools options -> general. Type google. Com in the “Home page” field (“Startup” block).
- Choose Google as your default search engine in the “Search” tab.
If it didn’t work – use Folder Share removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Firefox faster.
Uninstall Folder Share from Internet Explorer
- Right-click the Internet explorer shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe” in the “Target” field and click “ok”.
- Enter internet explorer -> tool -> manage Add-ons.
- Remove all extensions that you didn’t install. You can remove everything.
- Tools -> internet options, type google. Com in the upper field.
- Click “Settings” in the same window of the “Search” block and remove everything except Google. Com and Bing. Com from the list.
If it didn’t work – use Folder Share removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Internet Explorer faster.
Uninstall Folder Share from Safari
- Right-click the safari shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Safari” in the “Target” field and click “ok”.
- Click the Settings button in the upper right corner and select Reset Safari.
- Check all boxes and click OK.
What should I do to protect my PC from Folder Share?
Below you can see the useful recommendations which will help you prevent Folder Share installation and browser infection. Feel free to send our suggestions with your friends and family members as they will definitely help you keep your PC secured from Folder Share and other malicious software:
- Do not install dubious software especially if you got them from the websites you don’t know. People quite often make the same mistake and just download the program they were looking for. Unfortunately, eventually this downloaded program turns out to be malicious.
- Consider your intuition! If a website seems to be suspicious – for example, it functions slowly or it is literally made of bright banners – it is better for you to close it. And don’t forget to scan your computer for viruses!
- Keep attention during the entire process of software installation. Try not to miss a single line and a single radiobutton. Uncheck all checkboxes that are irrelevant for you and you do not want to install them.
- And even if you do not remember having downloaded any software it would be reasonable to scan your computer for viruses and malicious software at least once a week.
|Method to uninstall||Price|
|Computer repair shop||$95-$140|
|Probability of Data theft||88,8%|
|Self-active Launch in OS||39,5%|
|Manual removal effectiveness||63,1%|
|Free Antivirus removal||32,6%|
|Paid Antivirus removal||79,2%|
|Infection Risk (USA)||1,2%|
|Risk of infection (Europe)||9,1%|
100% Folder Share Removal
Spyhunter is an incredibly efficient eliminator of malware which easily and quickly deletes all types of adware and malware including those remaining invisible for your antivirus software. Spyhunter will be helpful if you did not manage to remove Folder Share yourself. It provides the best level security to your system thanks to regular updating of the signature base.
How to uninstall Folder Share (video removal guide)
About Author: Material provided by: Averina lab