How to remove (uninstall) Freestreet.games adware - tips from Averina.com
What Is Freestreet.games?
Freestreet.games is malware belonging to adware applications. After installation process is over this virus quickly changes the home page and brings ad pop-ups. As this malware is stored in the system registry it’s not that simple thing to remove this adware from your computer. A habitual situation for getting virus to your computer is when you download a movie or any other content from torrents or any other website offering free applications. People who own websites from time to time attempt to do content monetization in such a way by adding malware into the archive with an application downloaded by visitors. You are advised to be careful dealing with various downloaders as they often do countless annoying things like downloading harmful programs, breaking browser settings and many other things. By the way, Freestreet.games is true malware.
How to remove Freestreet.games Simply
There are many techniques to remove Freestreet.games from your computer. You are welcome to look through the guide completely and use the needed way of removal. If we speak about the easiest and the fastest way of removal, so I should mention the utilities that will solve the problem. According to my experience, it is better to download and launch special Freestreet.games Removal Tool. Removal application that was written for a individual type of viruses is the most efficient. It is also possible to install any other antivirus software that has Freestreet.games in the base of its signatures. The antimalware that I recommend you (Spyhunter 4) will detect and uninstall Freestreet.games completely, you are welcome to install it using this download button.
- It removes Freestreet.games right now. Forever.
- This anti-malware software will protect your computer against future infections.
- It provides professional real-time protection from malware, adware, spyware and other viruses.
- 24/7 professional support
[Not a valid template]
Manual Freestreet.games removing
Step 1. Uninstall Freestreet.games from your computer. Manual for Windows 7, 8, 10 and XP
- Enter “Computer” on the desktop and choose “Uninstall or change a program”.
- In the program folder, look for all programs that contain Freestreet.games in their names. Remove them by clicking “uninstall’ and remove all suspicious programs that contain search, toolbar and others in their names.
Step 2. Clean the registry
- Download adwcleaner free utility app and run it. It searches and removes all files and registry keys that belong to the adware virus category.
- Click “Scan”.
- When scanning is finished, click “Clean” to remove all viruses.
- Click “Ok” to reboot the computer. After rebooting, check if the virus is still in the browser. Perhaps, it’s already removed and everything is fine. If it is not, take Step 3.
Step 3. Uninstall Freestreet.games from your browser
Remove Freestreet.games from Google Chrome
- Right-click on the Google Chrome shortcut and choose “properties”.
- In the “Target” field, remove everything going after “C:\Program Files\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe” and click “ok”.
- Choose “Settings” in the Chrome menu.
- In the “Extensions” tab, look for any extension that contains “Freestreet.games” in its name and remove it by clicking the Recycle Bin. Also remove all suspicious extensions that you didn’t install.
- In the “Settings” tab, find the “On startup” block, uncheck “Open a specific page or set of pages.”, click “Set pages”, enter google. Com in the new field, and click “ok”.
- In the “Search” tab, click “manage search engines” and remove everything except google.com.
- If it didn’t work – use Freestreet.games removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Google Chrome faster.
Uninstall Freestreet.games from Firefox
- Right-click the Firefox shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe” in the “target” field and click “ok”.
- Enter Firefox. Tools -> add-ons.
- Remove all suspicious extensions.
- Tools options -> general. Type google. Com in the “Home page” field (“Startup” block).
- Choose Google as your default search engine in the “Search” tab.
If it didn’t work – use Freestreet.games removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Firefox faster.
Uninstall Freestreet.games from Internet Explorer
- Right-click the Internet explorer shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe” in the “Target” field and click “ok”.
- Enter internet explorer -> tool -> manage Add-ons.
- Remove all extensions that you didn’t install. You can remove everything.
- Tools -> internet options, type google. Com in the upper field.
- Click “Settings” in the same window of the “Search” block and remove everything except Google. Com and Bing. Com from the list.
If it didn’t work – use Freestreet.games removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Internet Explorer faster.
Uninstall Freestreet.games from Safari
- Right-click the safari shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Safari” in the “Target” field and click “ok”.
- Click the Settings button in the upper right corner and select Reset Safari.
- Check all boxes and click OK.
What should I do to protect my PC from Freestreet.games?
Below you will see the recommendations which will help you prevent installation of Freestreet.games and browser infection. Feel free to show our advice with your friends and family members since they will really help you keep the computer secured from Freestreet.games and any other malicious software:
- Don’t install dubious software especially if you got them from the websites you do not know well. People often make the same mistake and get the app they need. Unfortunately, later this program appears to be malicious.
- Listen to your intuition! When a website looks suspicious – for instance, it works too slowly or it is full of colorful banners – it is better for you to leave it immediately. And don’t forget to scan your computer after that!
- Stay attentive during the all software installation. Try not to miss a single window and a single radiobutton. Uncheck all checkboxes which don’t look relevant for you and you don’t want to install.
- And even in case if you do not recall downloading anything it would make sense to scan your computer for viruses and malicious software every week.
|Method to uninstall||Price|
|Computer repair shop||$95-$140|
|Probability of Data theft||62,4%|
|Self-active Launch in OS||45,6%|
|Manual removal effectiveness||52,3%|
|Free Antivirus removal||65,4%|
|Paid Antivirus removal||82,8%|
|Infection Risk (USA)||7,0%|
|Risk of infection (Europe)||6,6%|
Complete removal of Freestreet.games
Spyhunter is the most efficient malware uninstaller which permanently deletes all types of malware including the apps remaining invisible for your antivirus. Spyhunter will help if you did not manage to delete Freestreet.games manually as well. It will provide the highest level of protection to your system thanks to daily updates of the base of signatures.
How to uninstall Freestreet.games (video removal guide)
About Author: Material provided by: Averina lab