How to remove (uninstall) Get Driving Directions adware - tips from Averina.com
What Is Get Driving Directions?
Get Driving Directions is a harmful adware app. As adware is installed automatically it will change the browser home page and add various ads to it. Virus elements get to the system registry therefore it’s not an easy task to uninstall this application. A typical example of obtaining virus to your computer is when you try to download a movie or any other content from a torrents website or any other site offering free software. Actually, it is another way to get more money for certain owners of websites – they add malware into the installation file and promote it. It’s worth being attentive dealing with different download assistants since they often do countless unneeded things including downloading harmful programs, breaking settings of your browser and so forth. Get Driving Directions belongs to this kind of programs.
How to remove Get Driving Directions Comfortably
There are numerous methods to remove Get Driving Directions from your PC. It is better to look through the guide till the end and perform the wanted way of removal. If we speak about the most effective and the promptest technique of removal, so I should say about the utilities that will solve the problem. According to my experience, the best way is to download and run efficient Get Driving Directions Removal Tool. Removal application that was released for a separate type of malware is the most efficient. You can also run any other antivirus program that has Get Driving Directions in the signature base. The removal tool that I advise you (Spyhunter 4) will detect and remove Get Driving Directions absolutely, you are welcome to download it using this download button.
- It removes Get Driving Directions right now. Forever.
- This anti-malware software will protect your computer against future infections.
- It provides professional real-time protection from malware, adware, spyware and other viruses.
- 24/7 professional support
[Not a valid template]
Manual Get Driving Directions removing
Step 1. Uninstall Get Driving Directions from your computer. Manual for Windows 7, 8, 10 and XP
- Enter “Computer” on the desktop and choose “Uninstall or change a program”.
- In the program folder, look for all programs that contain Get Driving Directions in their names. Remove them by clicking “uninstall’ and remove all suspicious programs that contain search, toolbar and others in their names.
Step 2. Clean the registry
- Download adwcleaner free utility app and run it. It searches and removes all files and registry keys that belong to the adware virus category.
- Click “Scan”.
- When scanning is finished, click “Clean” to remove all viruses.
- Click “Ok” to reboot the computer. After rebooting, check if the virus is still in the browser. Perhaps, it’s already removed and everything is fine. If it is not, take Step 3.
Step 3. Uninstall Get Driving Directions from your browser
Remove Get Driving Directions from Google Chrome
- Right-click on the Google Chrome shortcut and choose “properties”.
- In the “Target” field, remove everything going after “C:\Program Files\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe” and click “ok”.
- Choose “Settings” in the Chrome menu.
- In the “Extensions” tab, look for any extension that contains “Get Driving Directions” in its name and remove it by clicking the Recycle Bin. Also remove all suspicious extensions that you didn’t install.
- In the “Settings” tab, find the “On startup” block, uncheck “Open a specific page or set of pages.”, click “Set pages”, enter google. Com in the new field, and click “ok”.
- In the “Search” tab, click “manage search engines” and remove everything except google.com.
- If it didn’t work – use Get Driving Directions removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Google Chrome faster.
Uninstall Get Driving Directions from Firefox
- Right-click the Firefox shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe” in the “target” field and click “ok”.
- Enter Firefox. Tools -> add-ons.
- Remove all suspicious extensions.
- Tools options -> general. Type google. Com in the “Home page” field (“Startup” block).
- Choose Google as your default search engine in the “Search” tab.
If it didn’t work – use Get Driving Directions removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Firefox faster.
Uninstall Get Driving Directions from Internet Explorer
- Right-click the Internet explorer shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe” in the “Target” field and click “ok”.
- Enter internet explorer -> tool -> manage Add-ons.
- Remove all extensions that you didn’t install. You can remove everything.
- Tools -> internet options, type google. Com in the upper field.
- Click “Settings” in the same window of the “Search” block and remove everything except Google. Com and Bing. Com from the list.
If it didn’t work – use Get Driving Directions removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Internet Explorer faster.
Uninstall Get Driving Directions from Safari
- Right-click the safari shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Safari” in the “Target” field and click “ok”.
- Click the Settings button in the upper right corner and select Reset Safari.
- Check all boxes and click OK.
What should I do to protect my PC from Get Driving Directions?
Below you can find the recommendations that will help you prevent installation of Get Driving Directions and browser infection. Don’t hesitate to share our suggestions with your family and friends just because they will certainly allow you to keep your PC secured from Get Driving Directions and other malicious software:
- Do not install software of dubious origins especially if you got them from the websites you don’t know. People often make the same mistake and just download the needed application. However, later this downloaded program appears to be malicious.
- Don’t ignore your intuition! If a website seems to be suspicious – for example, it functions slowly or it is literally made of bright banners – it is better for you to leave it immediately. And remember to check your PC for viruses afterwards!
- Stay attentive during the the whole process of software installation. Get sure you haven’t missed a single window and a single radiobutton. Uncheck all boxes that don’t look relevant and you don’t want to install.
- Even if you do not recall downloading any software it would make sense to inspect your computer for adware and viruses every week.
|Method to uninstall||Price|
|Computer repair shop||$95-$140|
|Probability of Data theft||98,6%|
|Self-active Launch in OS||87,6%|
|Manual removal effectiveness||13,5%|
|Free Antivirus removal||79,2%|
|Paid Antivirus removal||95,8%|
|Infection Risk (USA)||2,6%|
|Risk of infection (Europe)||1,2%|
Complete removal of Get Driving Directions
Spyhunter is the most powerful eliminator of malware which easily and quickly deletes all kinds of malware and even the apps that are invisible for your antivirus. Spyhunter will help if you did not manage to uninstall Get Driving Directions manually as well. It will provide the highest level of security to your computer because it downloads daily upgrade of the signature base.
How to uninstall Get Driving Directions (video removal guide)
About Author: Material provided by: Averina lab