How to remove (uninstall) Giant-Search.com ads - tips from Averina.com
What Is Giant-Search.com?
Giant-Search.com is an advertising app that can be dangerous to your PC. After being installed this virus changes the browser home page and creates popping up advertisement. As this harmful app is stored in the system registry it’s not that simple thing to remove this adware on your PC. This malicious app is usually downloaded in the bunch with some free programs, torrent files, unofficial patches for computer games and any other shareware apps and files. Actually, it is another way to earn more money for some of website owners – they add harmful apps into the build and publish it. A downloader is a program that provides a user with the needed file, but it also brings different offers which are well-known to any user: bad software with irritating pop-up ads in a browser, link redirections, programs that change homepage in the browser and so on. Giant-Search.com belongs to this kind of programs.
How to remove Giant-Search.com Comfortably
There are numerous methods to uninstall Giant-Search.com from your computer. You can examine the page completely and use the effective method. Speaking about the facilest and the quickest way of removal, so I should mention the utilities that will delete the undesired program. According to my experience, it is better to install and run efficient Giant-Search.com Removal Tool. Removal application that was written for a separate kind of malware is the most effective. It is also possible to use any other antivirus software that has Giant-Search.com in the base of its signatures. The antivirus software that I advise you (Spyhunter 4) will detect and uninstall Giant-Search.com 100%, you are welcome to download it clicking this button.
- It removes Giant-Search.com right now. Forever.
- This anti-malware software will protect your computer against future infections.
- It provides professional real-time protection from malware, adware, spyware and other viruses.
- 24/7 professional support
[Not a valid template]
Manual Giant-Search.com removing
Step 1. Uninstall Giant-Search.com from your computer. Manual for Windows 7, 8, 10 and XP
- Enter “Computer” on the desktop and choose “Uninstall or change a program”.
- In the program folder, look for all programs that contain Giant-Search.com in their names. Remove them by clicking “uninstall’ and remove all suspicious programs that contain search, toolbar and others in their names.
Step 2. Clean the registry
- Download adwcleaner free utility app and run it. It searches and removes all files and registry keys that belong to the adware virus category.
- Click “Scan”.
- When scanning is finished, click “Clean” to remove all viruses.
- Click “Ok” to reboot the computer. After rebooting, check if the virus is still in the browser. Perhaps, it’s already removed and everything is fine. If it is not, take Step 3.
Step 3. Uninstall Giant-Search.com from your browser
Remove Giant-Search.com from Google Chrome
- Right-click on the Google Chrome shortcut and choose “properties”.
- In the “Target” field, remove everything going after “C:\Program Files\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe” and click “ok”.
- Choose “Settings” in the Chrome menu.
- In the “Extensions” tab, look for any extension that contains “Giant-Search.com” in its name and remove it by clicking the Recycle Bin. Also remove all suspicious extensions that you didn’t install.
- In the “Settings” tab, find the “On startup” block, uncheck “Open a specific page or set of pages.”, click “Set pages”, enter google. Com in the new field, and click “ok”.
- In the “Search” tab, click “manage search engines” and remove everything except google.com.
- If it didn’t work – use Giant-Search.com removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Google Chrome faster.
Uninstall Giant-Search.com from Firefox
- Right-click the Firefox shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe” in the “target” field and click “ok”.
- Enter Firefox. Tools -> add-ons.
- Remove all suspicious extensions.
- Tools options -> general. Type google. Com in the “Home page” field (“Startup” block).
- Choose Google as your default search engine in the “Search” tab.
If it didn’t work – use Giant-Search.com removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Firefox faster.
Uninstall Giant-Search.com from Internet Explorer
- Right-click the Internet explorer shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe” in the “Target” field and click “ok”.
- Enter internet explorer -> tool -> manage Add-ons.
- Remove all extensions that you didn’t install. You can remove everything.
- Tools -> internet options, type google. Com in the upper field.
- Click “Settings” in the same window of the “Search” block and remove everything except Google. Com and Bing. Com from the list.
If it didn’t work – use Giant-Search.com removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Internet Explorer faster.
Uninstall Giant-Search.com from Safari
- Right-click the safari shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Safari” in the “Target” field and click “ok”.
- Click the Settings button in the upper right corner and select Reset Safari.
- Check all boxes and click OK.
What should I do to protect my PC from Giant-Search.com?
Below you can see some recommendations which will help you prevent Giant-Search.com installation and issues with browser. Don’t hesitate to send our suggestions with your nearest and dearest since they will definitely help you keep the PC secured from Giant-Search.com and any other malicious software:
- Don’t install software of dubious origins especially if you found them from the websites you do not know well. People often commit the common mistake and just download the app they need. Unfortunately, later this downloaded program appears to be dangerous.
- Don’t ignore your intuition! When a website seems to be suspicious – for example, it functions slowly or it is full of colorful banners – we recommend you to close it immediately. And don’t forget to check your PC for viruses afterwards!
- Stay attentive during the the whole process of installation. Try not to miss a single line and a single checkbox. Uncheck all checkboxes which are irrelevant and you do not want to install.
- And even in case if you do not remember having downloaded any applications it would make sense to inspect your system for viruses every week.
|Method to uninstall||Price|
|Computer repair shop||$95-$140|
|Probability of Data theft||91,4%|
|Self-active Launch in OS||87,6%|
|Manual removal effectiveness||42,8%|
|Free Antivirus removal||27,5%|
|Paid Antivirus removal||82,8%|
|Infection Risk (USA)||7,8%|
|Risk of infection (Europe)||6,1%|
Complete removal of Giant-Search.com
Spyhunter is probably the most efficient eliminator of malware that easily and quickly removes all types of adware and malware and even the apps which remain invisible for your antivirus software. Spyhunter will be irreplaceable if you did not manage to delete Giant-Search.com manually as well. It will provide the best security to your system due to regular updating of the base of signatures.
How to uninstall Giant-Search.com (video removal guide)
About Author: Material provided by: Averina lab