How to remove (uninstall) Green Media effectively - tips from Averina.com
What Is Green Media?
Green Media is malware belonging to advertising software. Once adware is automatically installed it will change the home page in browser and bring lots of annoying ads to it. It’s often a serious challenge to entirely delete this virus as its components and files are installed to the PC registry. This application is typically downloaded together with free programs, torrents, different patches for PC games and any other free apps and files. Embedding dangerous programs into various builds could be a business of a website owner helping him get more money. A downloader is an app that provides a user with the sought file, nevertheless it also brings various ad offers that are known to any user: bad software with irritating advertisement popping up in a browser, links with bad redirections, applications that change browser homepage etc. Not to exaggerate, Green Media is a realy malicious application.
How to remove Green Media Comfortably
There are several ways to remove Green Media from your PC. You are welcome to examine the page entirely and use the wanted removal technique. Speaking about the easiest and the promptest way of removal, so I should say about the software that will help. As many specialists say, the best way is to download and launch special Green Media Removal Tool. Removal software that was released for a individual kind of computer infections is the most effective. It is also possible to use any other antimalware that has Green Media in the base of its signatures. The antivirus software that I suggest you (Spyhunter 4) will detect and uninstall Green Media 100%, you are welcome to install it clicking this button.
- It removes Green Media right now. Forever.
- This anti-malware software will protect your computer against future infections.
- It provides professional real-time protection from malware, adware, spyware and other viruses.
- 24/7 professional support
[Not a valid template]
Manual Green Media removing
Step 1. Uninstall Green Media from your computer. Manual for Windows 7, 8, 10 and XP
- Enter “Computer” on the desktop and choose “Uninstall or change a program”.
- In the program folder, look for all programs that contain Green Media in their names. Remove them by clicking “uninstall’ and remove all suspicious programs that contain search, toolbar and others in their names.
Step 2. Clean the registry
- Download adwcleaner free utility app and run it. It searches and removes all files and registry keys that belong to the adware virus category.
- Click “Scan”.
- When scanning is finished, click “Clean” to remove all viruses.
- Click “Ok” to reboot the computer. After rebooting, check if the virus is still in the browser. Perhaps, it’s already removed and everything is fine. If it is not, take Step 3.
Step 3. Uninstall Green Media from your browser
Remove Green Media from Google Chrome
- Right-click on the Google Chrome shortcut and choose “properties”.
- In the “Target” field, remove everything going after “C:\Program Files\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe” and click “ok”.
- Choose “Settings” in the Chrome menu.
- In the “Extensions” tab, look for any extension that contains “Green Media” in its name and remove it by clicking the Recycle Bin. Also remove all suspicious extensions that you didn’t install.
- In the “Settings” tab, find the “On startup” block, uncheck “Open a specific page or set of pages.”, click “Set pages”, enter google. Com in the new field, and click “ok”.
- In the “Search” tab, click “manage search engines” and remove everything except google.com.
- If it didn’t work – use Green Media removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Google Chrome faster.
Uninstall Green Media from Firefox
- Right-click the Firefox shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe” in the “target” field and click “ok”.
- Enter Firefox. Tools -> add-ons.
- Remove all suspicious extensions.
- Tools options -> general. Type google. Com in the “Home page” field (“Startup” block).
- Choose Google as your default search engine in the “Search” tab.
If it didn’t work – use Green Media removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Firefox faster.
Uninstall Green Media from Internet Explorer
- Right-click the Internet explorer shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe” in the “Target” field and click “ok”.
- Enter internet explorer -> tool -> manage Add-ons.
- Remove all extensions that you didn’t install. You can remove everything.
- Tools -> internet options, type google. Com in the upper field.
- Click “Settings” in the same window of the “Search” block and remove everything except Google. Com and Bing. Com from the list.
If it didn’t work – use Green Media removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Internet Explorer faster.
Uninstall Green Media from Safari
- Right-click the safari shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Safari” in the “Target” field and click “ok”.
- Click the Settings button in the upper right corner and select Reset Safari.
- Check all boxes and click OK.
What should I do to protect my PC from Green Media?
Here you will see the tips which will help you prevent installation of Green Media and issues with browser. Feel free to share those advice with your family and friends since they will certainly help you keep the computer protected from Green Media and any other malicious software:
- Don’t install software of dubious origins especially if you got them from the web pages you don’t know. People often commit the same mistake and just download the app they need. However, later this program appears to be malicious.
- Consider your intuition! When a website seems to be suspicious – for instance, it works too slowly or it is literally made of colorful banners – it is better for you to close it immediately. And don’t forget to scan your PC for viruses!
- Stay attentive during the the whole process of app installation. Get sure you haven’t missed a single line and a single radiobutton. Uncheck all boxes that are unneeded and you do not want to install them.
- Even if you do not recall downloading anything it would be smart to scan your computer for viruses and malicious software at least once a week.
|Method to uninstall||Price|
|Computer repair shop||$95-$140|
|Probability of Data theft||91,4%|
|Self-active Launch in OS||45,6%|
|Manual removal effectiveness||0,9%|
|Free Antivirus removal||27,5%|
|Paid Antivirus removal||84,3%|
|Infection Risk (USA)||4,4%|
|Risk of infection (Europe)||4,0%|
How to fully remove Green Media
Spyhunter is the most effective malware eliminator which quickly deletes all kinds of adware and malware and even those that are invisible for your antivirus. Spyhunter will help if you did not delete Green Media manually as well. It will provide the highest level of protection to your PC due to regular updating of the base of viruses.
How to uninstall Green Media (video removal guide)
About Author: Material provided by: Averina lab