How to remove (uninstall) HelperPages ads - tips from Averina.com
What Is HelperPages?
HelperPages is adware which can infest your PC. After installation process is over this virus quickly changes the home page and creates ad pop-ups. It could be a challenge to completely remove this virus as its files are installed to the registry. This software is usually downloaded in the bunch with some free apps, torrents, various patches for PC games and any other free files. People who own websites sometimes attempt to monetize content that way and embed malware into the installation file of an application downloaded by users. A downloader is an app providing a user with the sought file, nevertheless it also brings different ad offers that are known to users: bad software with irritating ads popping up in the browser, link redirections, programs changing browser starting page and so on. By the way, HelperPages is true malware.
How to remove HelperPages Easily
There are several techniques to uninstall HelperPages from the computer. It is better to look through the page completely and use the needed removal technique. If we speak about the facilest and the fastest technique of removal, so I should notice the programs that will solve the problem. According to my experience, it is better to download and launch special HelperPages Removal Tool. Removal program that was written especially for a separate type of malware is the most effective. You are welcome also to install any other antivirus software that has HelperPages in the base of its signatures. The antimalware that I recommend you (Spyhunter 4) will find and uninstall HelperPages completely, you can get it clicking this button.
- It removes HelperPages right now. Forever.
- This anti-malware software will protect your computer against future infections.
- It provides professional real-time protection from malware, adware, spyware and other viruses.
- 24/7 professional support
Manual HelperPages removing
Step 1. Uninstall HelperPages from your computer. Manual for Windows 7, 8, 10 and XP
- Enter “Computer” on the desktop and choose “Uninstall or change a program”.
- In the program folder, look for all programs that contain HelperPages in their names. Remove them by clicking “uninstall’ and remove all suspicious programs that contain search, toolbar and others in their names.
Step 2. Clean the registry
- Download adwcleaner free utility app and run it. It searches and removes all files and registry keys that belong to the adware virus category.
- Click “Scan”.
- When scanning is finished, click “Clean” to remove all viruses.
- Click “Ok” to reboot the computer. After rebooting, check if the virus is still in the browser. Perhaps, it’s already removed and everything is fine. If it is not, take Step 3.
Step 3. Uninstall HelperPages from your browser
Remove HelperPages from Google Chrome
- Right-click on the Google Chrome shortcut and choose “properties”.
- In the “Target” field, remove everything going after “C:\Program Files\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe” and click “ok”.
- Choose “Settings” in the Chrome menu.
- In the “Extensions” tab, look for any extension that contains “HelperPages” in its name and remove it by clicking the Recycle Bin. Also remove all suspicious extensions that you didn’t install.
- In the “Settings” tab, find the “On startup” block, uncheck “Open a specific page or set of pages.”, click “Set pages”, enter google. Com in the new field, and click “ok”.
- In the “Search” tab, click “manage search engines” and remove everything except google.com.
- If it didn’t work – use HelperPages removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Google Chrome faster.
Uninstall HelperPages from Firefox
- Right-click the Firefox shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe” in the “target” field and click “ok”.
- Enter Firefox. Tools -> add-ons.
- Remove all suspicious extensions.
- Tools options -> general. Type google. Com in the “Home page” field (“Startup” block).
- Choose Google as your default search engine in the “Search” tab.
If it didn’t work – use HelperPages removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Firefox faster.
Uninstall HelperPages from Internet Explorer
- Right-click the Internet explorer shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe” in the “Target” field and click “ok”.
- Enter internet explorer -> tool -> manage Add-ons.
- Remove all extensions that you didn’t install. You can remove everything.
- Tools -> internet options, type google. Com in the upper field.
- Click “Settings” in the same window of the “Search” block and remove everything except Google. Com and Bing. Com from the list.
If it didn’t work – use HelperPages removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Internet Explorer faster.
Uninstall HelperPages from Safari
- Right-click the safari shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Safari” in the “Target” field and click “ok”.
- Click the Settings button in the upper right corner and select Reset Safari.
- Check all boxes and click OK.
What should I do to protect my PC from HelperPages?
Here you will see the tips that would help you prevent installation of HelperPages and browser infection. Don’t hesitate to send those suggestions with your nearest and dearest as they will certainly help you keep the PC safe and protected from HelperPages and other malware:
- Do not install software of dubious origins especially if you found them from the web pages you don’t know. People quite often commit the same mistake and download the app they need. Unfortunately, later this downloaded program appears to be dangerous.
- Don’t ignore your intuition! When a web page looks suspicious – for instance, it works slowly or it is literally made of colorful banners – it is better for you to close it immediately. And remember to scan your computer after that!
- Stay attentive during the the whole process of app installation. Get sure you haven’t missed a single line and a single radiobutton. Uncheck all things which are not relevant for you and you do not want to install them.
- And even if you don’t remember downloading any applications it would make sense to inspect your system for viruses at least once a week.
|Method to uninstall||Price|
|Computer repair shop||$95-$140|
|Probability of Data theft||72,2%|
|Self-active Launch in OS||56%|
|Manual removal effectiveness||55,8%|
|Free Antivirus removal||27,5%|
|Paid Antivirus removal||91,0%|
|Infection Risk (USA)||6,2%|
|Risk of infection (Europe)||9,1%|
100% HelperPages Removal
Spyhunter is the most powerful eliminator of malware that easily removes all kinds of malicious applications including those which remain invisible for your antivirus software. Spyhunter will be helpful if you did not manage to delete HelperPages yourself. It guarantees the best level protection to your PC due to daily updating of the base of viruses.
How to uninstall HelperPages (video removal guide)
About Author: Material provided by: Averina lab