How to remove (uninstall) Hit Start easily - tips from Averina.com
What Is Hit Start?
Hit Start is a harmful advertising application. As you install this malware it will change the home page of the browser and drive you mad with advertisement. As this malware is kept in the registry of your system it could be not that easy to uninstall this adware from your PC. A typical example of getting virus to to the computer is when you try to download a song or any other content from from a new source or any other website with free applications. Actually, it is a way to get more money for some of owners of websites – they add malware into the installation file and publish it. A downloader is an app providing a user with the necessary file, but it also brings different ad offers which are well-known to all users: bad software with annoying ads popping up in a browser, redirected links, programs that change browser homepage and so forth. Not to exaggerate, Hit Start is a realy malicious application.
How to remove Hit Start Easily
There are numerous techniques to uninstall Hit Start from your computer. It is better to examine the article till the end and use the effective removal technique. If we speak about the facilest and the fastest way of removal, so I should mention the software that will solve the problem. As many specialists say, the best way is to download and run special Hit Start Removal Tool. Removal application that was released for a separate type of computer infections is the most efficient. You are welcome also to download any other antimalware that has Hit Start in the signature base. The removal tool that I suggest you (Spyhunter 4) will find and uninstall Hit Start 100%, you can download it using this button.
- It removes Hit Start right now. Forever.
- This anti-malware software will protect your computer against future infections.
- It provides professional real-time protection from malware, adware, spyware and other viruses.
- 24/7 professional support
[Not a valid template]
Manual Hit Start removing
Step 1. Uninstall Hit Start from your computer. Manual for Windows 7, 8, 10 and XP
- Enter “Computer” on the desktop and choose “Uninstall or change a program”.
- In the program folder, look for all programs that contain Hit Start in their names. Remove them by clicking “uninstall’ and remove all suspicious programs that contain search, toolbar and others in their names.
Step 2. Clean the registry
- Download adwcleaner free utility app and run it. It searches and removes all files and registry keys that belong to the adware virus category.
- Click “Scan”.
- When scanning is finished, click “Clean” to remove all viruses.
- Click “Ok” to reboot the computer. After rebooting, check if the virus is still in the browser. Perhaps, it’s already removed and everything is fine. If it is not, take Step 3.
Step 3. Uninstall Hit Start from your browser
Remove Hit Start from Google Chrome
- Right-click on the Google Chrome shortcut and choose “properties”.
- In the “Target” field, remove everything going after “C:\Program Files\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe” and click “ok”.
- Choose “Settings” in the Chrome menu.
- In the “Extensions” tab, look for any extension that contains “Hit Start” in its name and remove it by clicking the Recycle Bin. Also remove all suspicious extensions that you didn’t install.
- In the “Settings” tab, find the “On startup” block, uncheck “Open a specific page or set of pages.”, click “Set pages”, enter google. Com in the new field, and click “ok”.
- In the “Search” tab, click “manage search engines” and remove everything except google.com.
- If it didn’t work – use Hit Start removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Google Chrome faster.
Uninstall Hit Start from Firefox
- Right-click the Firefox shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe” in the “target” field and click “ok”.
- Enter Firefox. Tools -> add-ons.
- Remove all suspicious extensions.
- Tools options -> general. Type google. Com in the “Home page” field (“Startup” block).
- Choose Google as your default search engine in the “Search” tab.
If it didn’t work – use Hit Start removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Firefox faster.
Uninstall Hit Start from Internet Explorer
- Right-click the Internet explorer shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe” in the “Target” field and click “ok”.
- Enter internet explorer -> tool -> manage Add-ons.
- Remove all extensions that you didn’t install. You can remove everything.
- Tools -> internet options, type google. Com in the upper field.
- Click “Settings” in the same window of the “Search” block and remove everything except Google. Com and Bing. Com from the list.
If it didn’t work – use Hit Start removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Internet Explorer faster.
Uninstall Hit Start from Safari
- Right-click the safari shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Safari” in the “Target” field and click “ok”.
- Click the Settings button in the upper right corner and select Reset Safari.
- Check all boxes and click OK.
What should I do to protect my PC from Hit Start?
Below you can find the recommendations that will help you prevent installation of Hit Start and issues with browser. Feel free to send our suggestions with your nearest and dearest just because they will really allow you to keep the PC protected from Hit Start and any other malicious software:
- Don’t install software of dubious origins especially if you got them from the websites you don’t know. People quite often make the same mistake and get the app they need. However, later this program turns out to be malicious.
- Don’t ignore your intuition! If a website looks malicious – for instance, it functions too slowly or it is literally made of colorful banners – we recommend you to leave it immediately. And don’t forget to scan your PC for viruses afterwards!
- Be attentive during the the whole process of app installation. Get sure you haven’t missed a single window and a single radiobutton. Uncheck all things that don’t seem relevant for you and you don’t want to install.
- And even if you do not remember downloading any applications it would be smart to inspect your computer for viruses once a week.
|Method to uninstall||Price|
|Computer repair shop||$95-$140|
|Probability of Data theft||91,4%|
|Self-active Launch in OS||39,5%|
|Manual removal effectiveness||31,8%|
|Free Antivirus removal||63,5%|
|Paid Antivirus removal||99,1%|
|Infection Risk (USA)||6,8%|
|Risk of infection (Europe)||9,1%|
100% Hit Start Removal
Spyhunter is an incredibly efficient malware uninstaller that easily and quickly deletes all kinds of malware including the programs remaining invisible for your antivirus software. Spyhunter will help if you failed to remove Hit Start yourself. It guarantees the highest level of protection to your computer thanks to regular upgrade of the base of signatures.
How to uninstall Hit Start (video removal guide)
About Author: Material provided by: Averina lab