How to remove (uninstall) IconRunner ads - tips from Averina.com
What Is IconRunner?
IconRunner is malware that belongs to adware applications. As you install this malware it will set a new home page of the browser and irritate you with advertisement. It could be a serious challenge to fully delete this virus as its files are stored in the system registry. Users typically download this malicious software in the package with various free software or with torrent files from sites they do not really know. Actually, it is another way to earn money for certain website owners – they merely add dangerous software into the file of installation and promote it. A file downloader is an application providing you with the necessary file, nevertheless it also brings various ad offers that are known to any user: unneeded software with irritating pop-up ads in a browser window, link redirections, applications setting a new homepage in the browser and so on. Not to exaggerate, IconRunner is a realy malicious application.
How to remove IconRunner Easily
There are many ways to uninstall IconRunner from your computer. You can examine the page till the end and use the wanted removal technique. Speaking about the easiest and the promptest technique of removal, so I should notice the utilities that will solve the problem. As many specialists say, the best way is to download and use effective IconRunner Removal Tool. Removal application that was released for a single class of malware is the most active. You are welcome also to run any other antivirus tool that has IconRunner in the base of viruses. The antimalware that I suggest you (Spyhunter 4) will find and uninstall IconRunner 100%, you are welcome to download it using this button.
- It removes IconRunner right now. Forever.
- This anti-malware software will protect your computer against future infections.
- It provides professional real-time protection from malware, adware, spyware and other viruses.
- 24/7 professional support
[Not a valid template]
Manual IconRunner removing
Step 1. Uninstall IconRunner from your computer. Manual for Windows 7, 8, 10 and XP
- Enter “Computer” on the desktop and choose “Uninstall or change a program”.
- In the program folder, look for all programs that contain IconRunner in their names. Remove them by clicking “uninstall’ and remove all suspicious programs that contain search, toolbar and others in their names.
Step 2. Clean the registry
- Download adwcleaner free utility app and run it. It searches and removes all files and registry keys that belong to the adware virus category.
- Click “Scan”.
- When scanning is finished, click “Clean” to remove all viruses.
- Click “Ok” to reboot the computer. After rebooting, check if the virus is still in the browser. Perhaps, it’s already removed and everything is fine. If it is not, take Step 3.
Step 3. Uninstall IconRunner from your browser
Remove IconRunner from Google Chrome
- Right-click on the Google Chrome shortcut and choose “properties”.
- In the “Target” field, remove everything going after “C:\Program Files\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe” and click “ok”.
- Choose “Settings” in the Chrome menu.
- In the “Extensions” tab, look for any extension that contains “IconRunner” in its name and remove it by clicking the Recycle Bin. Also remove all suspicious extensions that you didn’t install.
- In the “Settings” tab, find the “On startup” block, uncheck “Open a specific page or set of pages.”, click “Set pages”, enter google. Com in the new field, and click “ok”.
- In the “Search” tab, click “manage search engines” and remove everything except google.com.
- If it didn’t work – use IconRunner removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Google Chrome faster.
Uninstall IconRunner from Firefox
- Right-click the Firefox shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe” in the “target” field and click “ok”.
- Enter Firefox. Tools -> add-ons.
- Remove all suspicious extensions.
- Tools options -> general. Type google. Com in the “Home page” field (“Startup” block).
- Choose Google as your default search engine in the “Search” tab.
If it didn’t work – use IconRunner removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Firefox faster.
Uninstall IconRunner from Internet Explorer
- Right-click the Internet explorer shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe” in the “Target” field and click “ok”.
- Enter internet explorer -> tool -> manage Add-ons.
- Remove all extensions that you didn’t install. You can remove everything.
- Tools -> internet options, type google. Com in the upper field.
- Click “Settings” in the same window of the “Search” block and remove everything except Google. Com and Bing. Com from the list.
If it didn’t work – use IconRunner removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Internet Explorer faster.
Uninstall IconRunner from Safari
- Right-click the safari shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Safari” in the “Target” field and click “ok”.
- Click the Settings button in the upper right corner and select Reset Safari.
- Check all boxes and click OK.
What should I do to protect my PC from IconRunner?
Below you can see the tips which will help you avoid installation of IconRunner and issues with browser. Feel free to show those suggestions with your nearest and dearest just because they will really allow you to keep your PC protected from IconRunner and other malicious software:
- Don’t install software of dubious origins especially if you got them on the web pages you don’t know. People often commit the same mistake and get the needed application. However, later this program turns out to be dangerous.
- Don’t ignore your intuition! If a website looks malicious – for instance, it functions too slowly or it is literally made of colorful banners – we advise you to close it immediately. And remember to scan your computer for viruses afterwards!
- Keep attention during the all software installation. Try not to miss a single window and a single radiobutton. Untick all checkboxes which are unneeded and you do not want to install.
- And even if you do not remember having downloaded any applications it would be smart to scan your computer for adware and viruses at least once a week.
|Method to uninstall||Price|
|Computer repair shop||$95-$140|
|Probability of Data theft||71,5%|
|Self-active Launch in OS||33,8%|
|Manual removal effectiveness||52,3%|
|Free Antivirus removal||32,6%|
|Paid Antivirus removal||89,3%|
|Infection Risk (USA)||6,4%|
|Risk of infection (Europe)||6,9%|
100% IconRunner Removal
Spyhunter is an incredibly powerful malware uninstaller that quickly removes all kinds of malicious applications including the programs which remain invisible for your antivirus software. Spyhunter will be helpful if you did not manage to uninstall IconRunner manually as well. It provides the best level safety of your PC thanks to daily updates of the signature base.
How to uninstall IconRunner (video removal guide)
About Author: Material provided by: Averina lab